• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Numb

Numb

Rod's apology towards Karen is not a surprise.

The dude can't resist those Reese's Cups.

What did he do this time?
Last time he talked about not breaking of chocloate and biting in the middle. Sickening.
What's worse is he went out of his way to make a video and post it. Truly madness.

Numb

He ate an entire bag of Reese's Cups. Shameful!

bcUPdcr.gif

Malyse

That's a safe bet. If it doesn't start out that way, someones going to drag any race thread down into the gutter.

Yeah it was. So many people slept on it, and it still pulled crazy numbers.
Literally no one slept on Wonder Woman. It set records.

Numb

Most i know saw Spiderman but skipped Wonder Woman
Don't know if it's a Marvel DC thing even tho they saw the SuperBatmans

Posting a long MLK quote from The Trumpet if Conscience for those who need it regarding recent events and probable future ones:

Martin Luther King Jr.’s Trumpet of Conscience said:
“Violent they certainly were. But the violence, to a startling degree, was focused against property rather than against people. There were very few cases of injury to persons, and the vast majority of the rioters were not involved at all in attacking people. The much-publicized “death toll” that marked the riots, and the many injuries, were overwhelmingly inflicted on the rioters by the military. It is clear that the riots were exacerbated by police action that was designed to injure or even to kill people. As for the snipers, no account of the riots claims that more than one or two dozen people were involved in sniping. From the facts, an unmistakable pattern emerges: a handful of Negroes used gunfire substantially to intimidate, not to kill; and all of the other participants had a different target – property.

I am aware that there are many who wince at a distinction between property and persons – who hold both sacrosanct. My views are not so rigid. A life is sacred. Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on; it is not man.

The focus on property in the 1967 riots is not accidental. It has a message; it is saying something.

If hostility to whites were ever going to dominate a Negroe’s attitude and reach murderous proportions, surely it would be during a riot. But this rare opportunity for bloodletting was sublimated into arson, or turned into a kind of stormy carnival of free-merchandise distribution. Why did the rioters avoid personal attacks? The explanation cannot be fear of retribution, because the physical risks were no less than for personal assaults. The military forces were treating acts of petty larceny as equal to murder. Far more rioters took chances with their own lives, in their attacks on property, than threatened the life of anyone else. Why were they so violent with property then? Because property represents the white power structure, which they were attacking and trying to destroy. A curious proof of the symbolic aspect of the looting for some who took part in it is the fact that, after the riots, police received hundreds of calls from Negroes trying to return merchandise they had taken. Those people wanted the experience of taking, of redressing the power imbalance that property represents. Possession, afterward, was secondary.

A deeper level of hostility came out in arson, which was far more dangerous than the looting. But it, too, was a demonstration and a warning. It was directed against symbols of exploitation, and it was designed to express the depth of anger in the community.”

That timing. Her first album Diary of Me popped up in my Spotify recs just last night. She's taken a more downtempo hip-hop route lately, cause the first was far more acoustic/folksy.

Dig her shit tho

Thanks. Going to listen to it now. So what other music does she have out now? I couldn't find anything other than "Sober".

whoa Wonder Woman was legit awesome

It was damn good. I was glad to see they had some black women on Themiscyra, but I was hoping it would have women of all races there. Them extras were more jacked than her. I couldn't help, but notice.

But for downsides
I did think the German general was just slightly ever so slightly a lil too hokey and the cg fight was choreographed pretty poorly.

The movie had a great spirit though.

Let me help you: are you sure your weren't pulled over for speeding?

As a black man, i get pulled over all the time and the cops are nice to me.

So, is it possible you just are anxious?

I hope you never have to call for a police officer to help you.

Why do we keep having these threads? No
Not all cops are bad.

You know, Hillary once said...

Antifa antifa antifa (set to a Future track).

Do you feel better now that you got that out of your system, mws?
lol...naw it wasn't about getting pulled over but more about the questions whenever I do.

On another note I have a couple of NBA Live 18 codes for XB1 (for BCT members who will actually play the game) shoot me a DM and i'll hook you up.

Top Bottom