• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

I've had some of my art up for sale at Fine Art America for a years now, and every once in a while I get a couple of bucks from a sale lol. I've been wanting to get back in to doing art again...just lack the motivation(I blame work!)

Johndoey

Banned
Chapter 14 of Evil Within 2 has a good extended call back that's pretty cathartic. Game is over long, the combat is serviceable but there is so much of it it's started to wear thin.

Better than the first game but the first game is more interesting.
--
Baby Driver was disappointing for me I'd expected a more interesting film, still excellent though. Elgort was fantastic.

Johndoey

Banned
The trailers for Baby Driver never did much for me

People were hyping it up and it didn't seem like anything special
Ieam an excellent car chase movie probably one of the best ever made on a technical level. I have significant issues the film but hell it's a fine-tuned machine.
---
Happy Death Day was fun enough nothing impressive but the main cast was good especially the lead. Good Halloween rotation movie.

The shit the killer pulls off is so stupid, like past the point I was willing to accept it got pretty ridiculous After hot second.

I'm watching Baby Driver right now and I think I despise this movie

You're not the first person I heard this from lol
I found it entertaining. I liked Foxx, Hamm, and Spacey. The main kid I could take or leave but I didn't like the love story angle. Seemed to cliche most of the time from the meet-cute to when she basically
becomes a damsel in distress for a bit. Chase scenes, particularly the first, were amazing.
Also, the way the other criminals
bully Baby for the duration of the runtime despite seeing he can do the job and well was kinda frustrating.
----

Finally watched Blade Runner 2049 and really loved it. Beautifully shot and acted. I wanted something more from the girlfriend character Joi but can't quite articulate what. Maybe it's just that she seemed to glued to her role/purpose within the fiction.

I can tell this hashtags will be fled with that white white music. When I saw someone say a hall and oats song
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=#YouCantNotDanceToThis&src=typed_query

https://twitter.com/ira/status/919990074451795968

“One ticket for Black Panther please.”

First of all, it comes out next year.

“I’ll wait.”

DMR2GBQUEAE9Lk3.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ieam an excellent car chase movie probably one of the best ever made on a technical level. I have significant issues the film but hell it's a fine-tuned machine.
---
Happy Death Day was fun enough nothing impressive but the main cast was good especially the lead. Good Halloween rotation movie.

The shit the killer pulls off is so stupid, like past the point I was willing to accept it got pretty ridiculous After hot second.

Happy death day was entertaining though I do agree with the killer being ridiculous. The Asian guy roommate was cute in the move was cute

Gattsu25

Banned
How do you have a car chase where the music overpowers all the other sound? Also, even from the intro chase the editing was all over the place (again, to keep everything in sync with the music). Dude was spinning out his car in impressive ways but the second half of the spins were cut for time because it would throw off the beat.

Garbage.

Johndoey

Banned
How do you have a car chase where the music overpowers all the other sound? Also, even from the intro chase the editing was all over the place (again, to keep everything in sync with the music). Dude was spinning out his car in impressive ways but the second half of the spins were cut for time because it would throw off the beat.

Garbage.
It's definitely you either get on board with the with the stylistic choices or you'll have an awful time, the movie doesn't have much else to hang it's hat on.

Top Bottom