• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

caliph95

Watching Reruns of Fresh Prince

Yeah that Donald Trump would be alooooooooooot different today and such a weird watching it now

Alot different

andthebeatgoeson

NBA with the counter programming showing the national anthem with everyone standing, black military guy singing the anthem.

Barkley being ain't shit talking about 'it's time to do things'. We would love to, Charles. But white people in rural lands don't care and control too much of the government. So we are reduced to protests, begging for some acknowledgment.

Good Evening, all.

I just realized N. K. Jemisin won another Hugo. Just damn. If I could talk to her face-to-face about writing for just a few minutes my year would be made.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Fires are finally getting somewhat control over here. Speaking of:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Golden-Twerkulator-bus-supplies-fire-vallejo-12285074.php

Golden 'Twerkulator' bus carries supplies to fire-ravaged areas in North Bay
By Alyssa Pereira, SFGATE
Updated 4:30 pm, Tuesday, October 17, 2017

It might not be the conventional vessel by which supplies are usually delivered to those affected by major disasters, but the massive, gilded, cheekily-named "Twerkulator" party bus is nevertheless carrying necessary food, clothes, water, blankets and baby supplies to those up north who need it.

The big haul by the 40-foot bus was first reported by the Napa Valley Register.

The Twerkulator, owned by Curtis Nelson of Vallejo, is generally used for travel and lodging at festivals like Burning Man, the site reports, but was adapted for special use recently as Nelson wanted to help those affected by the fires around Wine Country.

6ATWoL0.jpg

X1Bw9lbl.jpg

I've seen that blinged out bus on the roads before. One time it was parked near a Bed Bath & Beyond for some reason.

Coat yourselves in oils and linaments to twerk like the old emperors.

I kind of hate the word twerk.

People of color around the world have been doing this for thousands of years but then white people found out and became disgusted by their own arousal so they made us to be the bad guy. Got illegitimate children everywhere but we're the lascivious ones.

Then some bony ass white chick decided to turn from bubble gum wholesomeness to slutwalking overnight and now " twerking" is acceptable.

I only feel slightly better at the fact that the earliest entry on Urban Dictionary is 2003. Still....

andthebeatgoeson

Fires are finally getting somewhat control over here. Speaking of:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Golden-Twerkulator-bus-supplies-fire-vallejo-12285074.php

6ATWoL0.jpg

X1Bw9lbl.jpg

I've seen that blinged out bus on the roads before. One time it was parked near a Bed Bath & Beyond for some reason.
Is this what they mean by culture vultures?

How does one pronounce, as you say, 'Biiiiihhhhhhhh'?

That was such a softball attempt to come at him though that it was tongue-in-cheek anyway.

As far as black twitter is concerned, anything anyone involved with the BP movie says or does will be as if they walked on water or turned water into wine. That's the kind of hyper-blackness that I made me want to graduate from my HBCU with the quickness.

I love my people, but not that close, and not that much, lol. Shannon Sharpe with the blacknmild talking about yak was tolerable. But treating Black Panther like he's Jesus is precariously approaching Hotep levels.

TheSun

So I've been watching Ok Ko and overall I think the show is...ok.
Just good, nothing great or anything.

Caught up on Bojack horseman as well and really liked it. Was expecting more depressing stuff going by what gaf and others said. Still good.

Top Bottom