• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

Practically everyone here has a ps4 yet there is still no BCT ps4 group in the OT. Someone should get on that.

Got an Overwatch BCT group. I could just convert it to just BCT though. We've never really needed one to be honest, we just had a mass chat and offshoots.

Mornin. Thought I was the only one just going "fuck it" and sleeping the day away.

Man, I tried. Had to drag my hungover ass to the pharmacy and decided to get groceries while I was at it. On foot. That sun has no mercy. I'm sweating my way back into being lean once again.

I'm more of a jogger and screen tee guy myself.

I post here because you're here, Loki. I can't allow you to run amok while our fellow melanin portrayers try to do the right thing. Why can't you be one of the good ones

I am one of the good ones. I bring light to darkness (definitely not talking about your skin color)

I try to convince Numb to upgrade to quality nuggets, he doesn't listen.

I try to convince you to end your life of debauchery, you don't listen.

I tried to get my own mother to end her desire to see DMX, she don't listen.

I tried to get Sch1sm not to pay actual money to listen to Jermaine Cole's college raps live for two hours... she didn't listen to me either.

Where is she now Crimson? She's knocked the fuck out at 3 in the afternoon due to his audio NyQuil .

TheSun

Hey.

Still haven't slept.

New thread? Neat.

I find mount and blade really fun. Never done more than become a vassal for some jerk. This time I'll actually "beat" it.

Zekes!

Dunno if this got posted but I'm posting it 'cause I had to cop this shirt last night:

image_4d0a84a1-c485-4cff-9887-98bbc92bad59_large.jpg
https://greenboxshop.us/collections/race/products/why-be-racist-when-u-could-be-quiet

Faustek

Tell me about these quality nuggets.

Afternoon crumb snatchers

Btw Slay do you remember which run it was that Doc Strange created his own magic? Remember you mentioning it. I'm going to visit a convention with old ass comics so I wondered if you could fill me in again.

Must be hard to type "innocent" than "no active warrants"

We will never be seen as innocent. Never. Ever.

Mornin' everyone
Good afternoon BCT.

Evening.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Anyone see Girls Night, I almost didn't see it but my friend and i needed a laugh and this movie really surprised me how funny it was.

Slayven

Tell me about these quality nuggets.

Btw Slay do you remember which run it was that Doc Strange created his own magic? Remember you mentioning it. I'm going to visit a convention with old ass comics so I wondered if you could fill me in again.

We will never be seen as innocent. Never. Ever.

Evening.

Starts in Doctor Strange #45 (1992)

Slayven

Thanks. Writing it down in my notes.
For some reason I have this craving for some Doc Strange stories.

That isn't the actual start of him using his own magic that is the start of the story that caused him to make up his own magic. War of the Seven Spheres, damn good story in it's own right. But the Gaian Aura stuff(strange's magic) follows right after that

Mornin' everyone

How's it going? Did you dive yet?

I am one of the good ones. I bring light to darkness (definitely not talking about your skin color)

I try to convince you to end your life of debauchery, you don't listen.

I tried to get my own mother to end her desire to see DMX, she don't listen.

I tried to get Sch1sm not to pay actual money to listen to Jermaine Cole's college raps live for two hours... she didn't listen to me either.

Where is she now Crimson? She's knocked the fuck out at 3 in the afternoon due to his audio NyQuil .

You speak of these good deeds, but you're just patting yourself on the back. You've done nothing grand. You're member's only jacket won't get you into heaven. Your clubs won't save souls. You're a miscreant and a deviant. You are Jermaine, Tremaine, and Germaine all rolled into one.

And your booty out pants gonna get you arrested?

Faustek

That isn't the actual start of him using his own magic that is the start of the story that caused him to make up his own magic. War of the Seven Spheres, damn good story in it's own right. But the Gaian Aura stuff(strange's magic) follows right after that

Man that would have been the follow up question. I Love to see how and why a character reached their destination so thanks again Slay.

Throw whatever you think is good my way. I'm really a one track man when it comes to comics. Hulk, Spideys, Kamala, some Thor, Jessica Jones and a lot of Thanos is really the only I got now. At least since X-men became annoying as fuck, imo.

One track but wanting to explore rather....man that was bad. I want new stuff ok? :D

How's it going? Did you dive yet?

You speak of these good deeds, but you're just patting yourself on the back. You've done nothing grand. You're member's only jacket won't get you into heaven. Your clubs won't save souls. You're a miscreant and a deviant. You are Jermaine, Tremaine, and Germaine all rolled into one.

And your booty out pants gonna get you arrested?

And you are R. Kelly, Usher, and Bobby V formed like voltron.

Your debauchery has no bounds Crimson. And you claim you wanna be brothers but yet you continue to slander me. I just tell everyone you're an IG model which is the truth and you take offense to that.

Slayven

Man that would have been the follow up question. I Love to see how and why a character reached their destination so thanks again Slay.

Throw whatever you think is good my way. I'm really a one track man when it comes to comics. Hulk, Spideys, Kamala, some Thor, Jessica Jones and a lot of Thanos is really the only I got now. At least since X-men became annoying as fuck, imo.

One track but wanting to explore rather....man that was bad. I want new stuff ok? :D

Generation X, X-men without all the bullshit and just plain fun.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hot take:

Nolan will never be a better filmmaker than Tarantino. Less problematic, sure. But Tarantino films have heart and wit and character bursting from the seems. The diner opening in Reservoir Dogs lets you know more about the characters of that than almost anything Nolan's directed since the Prestige. They're great on a techincal and storytelling level but Nolan films just come off as cold and robotic to me.

Top Bottom