• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

LOLOLOL WHAT A FUCKING COP OUT ! :/

Seriously blacklist grow a pair the dead was one of the true shocking things you had going for it and now this.
Seriously not cool.

LOLOLOL WHAT A FUCKING COP OUT ! :/

Seriously blacklist grow a pair the dead was one of the true shocking things you had going for it and now this.
Seriously not cool.

Her name never left the opening credits, and she was still in the title image.

The "event" happened in some random episode, not a season finale or some other episode where they tend to drop bombshells.

The series had already been renewed.

The series is primarily about the relationship between Reddington and Liz.

It was publicly known that the actress was pregnant, so her leaving for a little while to have the baby was to be expected.

There is absolutely no way it was ever going to stick. None.

You don't fire pregnant actresses. Even if she wanted to leave to care for her child long term, you write her out in a way that means she could return if she wanted.

Whooter

It was pretty obvious to me

that Megan Boone was still pregnant in the scenes from last night, so that plotline likely had nothing to do with the pregnancy

Hope nothing bad happens to
Kate
, I like her...

It was pretty obvious to me

that Megan Boone was still pregnant in the scenes from last night, so that plotline likely had nothing to do with the pregnancy

Hope nothing bad happens to
Kate
, I like her...

I dunno...

She had her baby fairly recently. It wouldn't be unheard of for them to shoot her one or two scenes well in advance then write her out for the rest of the season, anticipating her absence. That way, she's all done, and she has until shooting resumes to recover/spend time with the baby.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watching the finale now

Reds comment about Aram hahahahaha "Set him up with someone, for gods sake he's like a kid with his first erection on a school bus"

Vic_Viper

going back and watching the whole show again from the beginning. Rewatching the first episode and I cant believe how much has changed. In the pilot Liz says the fire was when she was 14 lol.

Jhoan

Oh shit I had no idea, I'll definitely be tuning in.

I didn't know either until I found out about it last night while browsing through my Twitter feed since I follow a Blacklist fansite. I forgot about the cliffhanger with Liz's pops and the spin-off with Tom/his mom.

Funny as hell, I met an acquaintance while volunteering at an event this weekend who it turned out was an extra on the show for a few episodes and was rooommates with the African-American dude who plays Red's bodyguard/right hand man. He told me that he was a firefighter before he got the part and quit his day job to work on the show full time. My face lit up upon learning that.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Season premiere is tonight. Need a new thread for it. Is anyone planning on watching?

Eh, this thread has served for three seasons. It desperately needs a title change to reflect the Thursday airday, though, LoL. At least the timeslot is correct again.

I didn't know either until I found out about it last night while browsing through my Twitter feed since I follow a Blacklist fansite. I forgot about the cliffhanger with Liz's pops and the spin-off with Tom/his mom.

Funny as hell, I met an acquaintance while volunteering at an event this weekend who it turned out was an extra on the show for a few episodes and was rooommates with the African-American dude who plays Red's bodyguard/right hand man. He told me that he was a firefighter before he got the part and quit his day job to work on the show full time. My face lit up upon learning that.

That's really cool. Good for him.

Jhoan

It's clear on what this season is going to focus on: finding Liz/Agnes or at least the first half of the season while catching or taking or out blacklisters pertaining to this plot. Fantastic start to the season premiere.

I wonder how Tom is going to get out of Cuba. Red was as bad ass as ever from the get go and I felt bad for the way Tom's captor went out. Esteban wasn't much of a menacing blacklister but it's probably because he and Red were acquainted. Bring on next week's episode and more Tom scenes since mofo is MacGuyver.

Loxley

Really liked the episode, my only gripe is how the scene where
the dude takes down Dembe and escapes played out - I think it was just poorly shot. We've seen Dembe be this ultra badass in the past and then he just gets disarmed and taken down by...being punched a lot? I think that's what happened? It was hard to tell.

Jhoan

Really liked the episode, my only gripe is how the scene where
the dude takes down Dembe and escapes played out - I think it was just poorly shot. We've seen Dembe be this ultra badass in the past and then he just gets disarmed and taken down by...being punched a lot? I think that's what happened? It was hard to tell.

Yeah, I agree. I thought he was
going to be able to take him out easily so it was odd to see him deus ex machina the hell out out of their car and run off with the baby. It was anti-climatic. At least you know mofo is gonna get taken out in spectacular fashion.

If a mod is out there, can the thread subtitle be changed to Thursdays at 10/9c to reflect the new season? Thanks.

Jhoan

Liz took no prisoners in that intro. Tom taught her well. Although the CGI looked bad but understandable given the budget.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Red is ballsy af barging into that hospital with a gun and demanding that a man on the operating table be woken up.

Jhoan

One of Red's finest moments is lacking any social cues and barging into OR's. Sicking Tom is bad news! I winced a good bit there.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
One of Red's finest moments is lacking any social cues and barging into OR's. Sicking Tom is bad news! I winced a good bit there.

Eh, they didn't even show anything. This show's been much more gross!

Tom definitely gives no fucks, though. Even fewer than Red, I think, but not by much.

Jhoan

Eh, they didn't even show anything. This show's been much more gross!

Tom definitely gives no fucks, though. Even fewer than Red, I think, but not by much.
Red has taught him well. He only needs his dark sense of humor and a fedora to be complete.

Jhoan

That scene where Red was taking Kate out to pasture was unsettling. Glad didn't get Old Yellered and survived. Maybe it was intentional that he didn't fatally shoot her.

Some folks on Twitter have been telling that she's not the type to betray Red and will win back his trust in the future. I can believe it. The race is on to find Agnes now and hunt down Liz's pops. Damn good episode and super intense.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
That scene where Red was taking Kate out to pasture was unsettling. Glad didn't get Old Yellered and survived. Maybe it was intentional that he didn't fatally shoot her.

Some folks on Twitter have been telling that she's not the type to betray Red and will win back his trust in the future. I can believe it. The race is on to find Agnes now and hunt down Liz's pops. Damn good episode and super intense.

Red doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would accidentally fail to kill someone who was standing still right in front of him, so I'm hoping it was just supposed to be some weird lesson.

ty_hot

What a bad come back. Action scenes are ao bad, seems like they lost 90% of their budget lol remember me of Prison Break decline.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I've stopped watching early on during Season 3. What is the link between Liz and Red?
Is he her father?

We don't know. All that's been said on the show (and who knows if it's true, of course) is that Red was having an affair with Liz's mother. Her alleged father (a criminal, of course) abducted her (she's since escaped) and has taken her baby. She married Tom, BTW; the baby is his.

Ferd2

Neo Member
No way Alexander Kirk or whatever his name is is the father. Talk about anticlimax and a lack of presence.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think Liz will let Kirk get her genes or whatever to save him, but then it won't work because Reddington is the father, from the affair.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm glad they finally wrapped up the "mah baby iz kidnapped!" storyline. It had gotten long in the tooth.

I liked Red's analog bunker. I hope we see that again. I also want to see him play Ms. Pac-Man, haha

Jhoan

Man, I've missed 3 episodes back to back! I so need to catch up on Red's dark monologues of the week over the weekend.

maxcriden

Couple of okay eps recently. The Kate kidnapping is really dragging, though. Felt bad for Aram.
From the moment we met his girlfriend I assumed she was a double agent.
Poor guy.

Top Bottom