• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kapwan said:
I'm really curious how Nu-12 will play in CS. I'm wondering how different the home release will be from the arcade version of CS and if Aksys will charge $60 for it in the U.S. or frop it to $40 like SSFIV. I'll probably get it either way but it should cost $40 or less.

Aksys usually doesn't charge crazy amounts for their updates. The last couple GG games on PS2 were what, $30?

Gamestop has Continuum Shift up for pre-order for $39.99 with a July 20th release date. Glad to see they will have the same reduced price as SSF4.

Hopefully this goes here, I don't think there's a BB:CS thread yet...?

Ronabo

Just got this today due to Game Stop having it on sale for $20. I'm really impressed with what I've played so far. The online portion was amazing for the 3 matches I had with some dudes noob room.

The storyline mode make no sense at all. I beat someone and lost? Guess I need to read about that stuff on Gamefaqs.

Really nice game. Too bad I'm LTTP seeing a new one is coming soon. Maybe I'll get that one sooner this time.

Ronabo said:
Just got this today due to Game Stop having it on sale for $20. I'm really impressed with what I've played so far. The online portion was amazing for the 3 matches I had with some dudes noob room.

The storyline mode make no sense at all. I beat someone and lost? Guess I need to read about that stuff on Gamefaqs.

Really nice game. Too bad I'm LTTP seeing a new one is coming soon. Maybe I'll get that one sooner this time.

You'll just be that much more ready for Continuum Shift. Get to know the flow of combat, etc. I'm jonesing myself - my Live Gold sub just ran out yesterday, and I'm broke. I want to play some matches, damn it!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Dropping some Continuum Shift console news on you guys now!

- Game is 75% complete
- Story mode will be 1.5 or 2 times bigger than Calamity Trigger
- The game will be patchable for character balance.
- Continuum Shift is incorporating Street Fighter 4's Arcade Fight Request, which allows you to play through single player while waiting for an online opponent. But now you can turn this feature on during Training Mode and Arcade Mode.
- Player rankings for 360 and PS3 were separate before, but now they will be CROSS-PLATFORM. Note you cannot play cross-platform, it's just the ranking of all the players.
- Training Mode will be voiced by Rachel as she teaches you how to play the game.

Oichi said:
- Player rankings for 360 and PS3 were separate before, but now they will be CROSS-PLATFORM. Note you cannot play cross-platform, it's just the ranking of all the players.
that's pretty revolutionary

Forbiden

Ronabo said:

There are some fights in story mode where you actually have to lose to get to the ending, and others where you have to win under certain conditions, like winning with a Distortion Finish.

Oichi said:

- Game is 75% complete
- Continuum Shift is incorporating Street Fighter 4's Arcade Fight Request, which allows you to play through single player while waiting for an online opponent. But now you can turn this feature on during Training Mode and Arcade Mode.
- Training Mode will be voiced by Rachel as she teaches you how to play the game.

YES YES YES.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Oichi said:

- Game is 75% complete

That's hot. The bold is really important and the second point is something I wish SSF4 would do as well.

iconoclast said:
Gamestop has Continuum Shift up for pre-order for $39.99 with a July 20th release date. Glad to see they will have the same reduced price as SSF4.
Oichi said:
- Game is 75% complete
Yes, yes yes! Amazon hasn't put up anything related to BB:CS. :( The player ranking across multi-platform is an awesome idea.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
It was funny talking to the FG peeps today

Everyone was looking forward to this over SF4

SF4- everyone was like "we're gonna get it, but we know we won't like it for too long"

Kudos Arc.

If KOFXIII does well, I can see the hardcores abandoning SSFIV, at least locally.

tafer

Oichi said:

- Game is 75% complete

Well those are some excellent news for the poor souls (like me) who can't enjoy proper multiplayer (well, only local) and enjoyed the story of the original.

Oichi said:

- Game is 75% complete

Arcsys put's so much effort for the fans, I have to buy two copies of the game again.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
iconoclast said:

Damn, this is perfect, I really want to play this on my PS3. :D

chriskun

So is continuum shift considered to be better balanced than CT??? I really enjoyed CT, but some of the matchups were fucking horrible, traded it in few weeks ago. (sorry, haven't been following the thread).

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Oichi said:

- Game is 75% complete
wow cool

lol Rachel will remind you how much u suck

<3 you Oichi. Good stuff! I can't wait for it to release, though it doesn't feel like it was THAT long ago since I was hanging around this thread waiting for CT to come out! :p

Giolon

I'm on vacation in Japan for the next few weeks, and I happened across an arcade on Teramachi Street in Kyoto with BB:CS inside! It was pretty satisfying to sit down and demolish the CPU all the way through arcade mode. Modding my Madcatz SE stick with Sanwa parts paid off b/c when I sat down at the cabinet it felt exactly like home - only with a ~30" HDTV 12 inches from my face.

I only played with my main, Litchi, and I didn't observe much of the nerfage that was supposed to have taken place with her (though I'm hardly an expert and I didn't have a chance to play against real players. There wer only 2 other guys on machines when I started). Her new shoulder rush seems pretty good. I think there was another new move that I noticed but can't remember the input for.

All-in-all, I'm super excited for this and can't wait for it to show up on consoles in the states.

Drame

Wow, cross-platform player rankings? That's kind of interesting.
Just what I wanted.

Cronox

Banned
As a shoutout, there's a continuum shift arcade machine at the bottom of the --------------- student center, if anyone in ---- is dying to play.

Giolon said:
I only played with my main, Litchi, and I didn't observe much of the nerfage that was supposed to have taken place with her (though I'm hardly an expert and I didn't have a chance to play against real players.

Litchi didn't get a nerf. She got buffs (mainly because the combo proration is now based on hits instead of time) and she's now top 3.

kensk said:
That matchup chart is garbage. Also the worst matchup is 7-3 (Carl Tager), I think Litchi Rachel is that bad too.

Matchup charts are always arguable (It says it right on the thread that the chart could be changed and may not be 100% accurate) but can't deny that the chart is spot on on who gets the advantage on each match. Also, I'd like to see your chart as well, since I've been trying to find other charts and compare.

kensk said:
That matchup chart is garbage. Also the worst matchup is 7-3 (Carl Tager), I think Litchi Rachel is that bad too.

If you so disagree go on dustloop and discuss why. They make their chart out of statistics and group opinions. Just like any other chart.

Varion

Oichi said:

Nice. Between these and the new modes, characters, music it's looking like a better deal.

Would still be nice if the US version was cheaper than the Japanese one though, or at least threw in some nice extras to make the deal worthwhile (can't see them making it too much cheaper if the release dates will be close like last time, because the Japanese will just wait and import it from the US). The original's limited edition was perfect.

Steaks

FreedomFrisbee said:
If you so disagree go on dustloop and discuss why. They make their chart out of statistics and group opinions. Just like any other chart.
The thing is the guy who runs the chart takes EVERYONE'S opinions into the equation, even godawful players who have no idea what they are talking about, who are the vocal majority of dustloop. I posted my reasons in that thread already and he ignored them in lieu of "Ragna rapes Carl" crap that doesn't make sense at a high level.

I just don't want anyone citing that tier list as proper one. The arcadia list (as vague as it is) is probably more accurate.

KAL2006

Banned
Oichi said:

- Game is 75% complete

Thats all cool and all, but will the PAL version be released 10 years after JAPAN/US. Calamity Trigger still hasn't come out, I know it's coming in a week or 2, but I have lost interest now.

Tokubetsu

Really great changes. Can't wait to jump back in. Grifter is gonna focus on SSFIV right? :lol

Hope you guys manage to pull another dope Limited Edition.

Giolon

Prototype-03 said:
Litchi didn't get a nerf. She got buffs (mainly because the combo proration is now based on hits instead of time) and she's now top 3.

Huh, I'd thought I'd read the opposite (stuff like her DP and GreenGreen taking more frames to come out). Might've just been early information though. Her corner game is just as badass as its always been though. Mmm...I'm gonna have fun when this arrives in the states.

Now my real dilemma is this: spend the rest of my vacation sightseeing or just play CS all week! XD

Coeliacus

FlightOfHeaven said:
I don't know how balanced it can be considered when Rachel has no advantages in match-ups.

Then again, if her worst is 35-65...
Rachel really is the blemish of CS balance. Everyone I know just pretends she's not in the game anymore, except for lulz.

Thanks for the news Oichi. I have to wonder if the balance patch will primarily be for Mu, or for everyone and maybe there will be a ver. B released to arcades. Either way that is great news, there's no excuse to not be patching in this day and age.

I can't remember how many times I wished the training mode interupt feature existed in SF4, instead of arcade mode. Now both these games have lobbies so I probably won't use it. :lol

Oichi dropped some pretty awesome news in here. I love the fact that they are lengthening the story even more. Training mode will also be worse than ranked matches thanks to rachel.:lol

Oh, and $40 should be insta-buy for anyone who is even remotely interested.

Giolon said:
Huh, I'd thought I'd read the opposite (stuff like her DP and GreenGreen taking more frames to come out). Might've just been early information though. Her corner game is just as badass as its always been though. Mmm...I'm gonna have fun when this arrives in the states.

Now my real dilemma is this: spend the rest of my vacation sightseeing or just play CS all week! XD

Yes, Litchi did get a couple of nerfs, but the buffs she got more than made up for them, IMO. 13O does a bit less damage now, Green comes out a bit slower and her DP cannot be RC AND it is easier to tech out of (basically they made more nerfs to this than anything else), but she got some new commands and a decent damage boost. This plus her combos being less likely to drop due to their strict timing == higher tier Litchi.

MechaX

After months of putting it off, I finally decided to get the game due to GameStop's sale.

So far, I really like the game. Although, I'm finding it pretty difficult to break some old Guilty Gear habits (bursting, expecting dust combos & FD, etc). Since Ky was my main in GG for over 5 years, I thought that Jin would be the next in line... But so far, I really like playing as Ragna and Litchi (I'll probably main Litchi once I get enough free time to sit down with her). Tsubaki in Cs is apparently similar to Order-Sol, so that would also be interesting to me.

My only complaint that isn't even due to the game is the fact that it just now dawned on me that the 360 d-pad is terrible. I hate playing 2D fighters with the analog, so that's out. Playing with this d-pad is almost as painful on the thumbs as playing on a Gamecube or Dreamcast d-pad.

With an SNK game.

Playing as Iori.

I really, really don't want to shell out money for a stick (which I find uncomfortable in most situations, but I can still use an arcade stick fairly well), but is there any other controller/fix/anything that people can suggest or am I stuck with the d-pad?

Tokubetsu

MechaX said:
After months of putting it off, I finally decided to get the game due to GameStop's sale.

So far, I really like the game. Although, I'm finding it pretty difficult to break some old Guilty Gear habits (bursting, expecting dust combos & FD, etc). Since Ky was my main in GG for over 5 years, I thought that Jin would be the next in line... But so far, I really like playing as Ragna and Litchi (I'll probably main Litchi once I get enough free time to sit down with her). Tsubaki in Cs is apparently similar to Order-Sol, so that would also be interesting to me.

My only complaint that isn't even due to the game is the fact that it just now dawned on me that the 360 d-pad is terrible. I hate playing 2D fighters with the analog, so that's out. Playing with this d-pad is almost as painful on the thumbs as playing on a Gamecube or Dreamcast d-pad.

With an SNK game.

Playing as Iori.

I really, really don't want to shell out money for a stick (which I find uncomfortable in most situations, but I can still use an arcade stick fairly well), but is there any other controller/fix/anything that people can suggest or am I stuck with the d-pad?

A lot of dpad users seem to like the Street Fighter pads that came out last year:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ld-keywords=Street+Fighter+4+fightpad&x=0&y=0

Grifter

Awesome new features. Capcom should be taking menus and online features from Arc, not the other way around.

Tokubetsu said:
Really great changes. Can't wait to jump back in. Grifter is gonna focus on SSFIV right? :lol

Hope you guys manage to pull another dope Limited Edition.
I'm comin' for ya Toku!!!

Just wondering if it was ever announced how many copies the original Blazblue sold. Last I read there were pretty conflicting reports. I remember it was pretty well received with regards to critic scores, but I'm just curious as to how well a new fighting game franchise does in this day and age.

Noobish follow up question, is it safe to assume that the majority of their revenue comes from arcades as opposed to the console release?

Top Bottom