• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
Actually, now that i watch it, im kinda ok with that match. I did ok considering i haven't played in 4 months and that bang was far pretty damn good.

Kapwan

Neo Member
Famitsu has some new screen shots up of the console version of Continuum Shift. I wasn't at PAX so this is my first time seeing Mu-12 in game. The placement of the swords is different than Nu-13 or Lambda-11, I wonder how different her play style is.

I warn you now that some of the screenshots hint at where the story is going. Screenshots below.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/3/30/new-blazblue-continuum-shift-screenshots-of-mu-12.html

http://iplaywinner.com/blazblue-cs-screens/famitsu-screen-shots-march-30th-2010/

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
According to Mori-san, one of the designers, Blazblue CS on console will allow you to choose between Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift versions of characters. :D

h3ro

Oichi said:
According to Mori-san, one of the designers, Blazblue CS on console will allow you to choose between Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift versions of characters. :D

:D

CT Arakune player :p

Oichi said:
that's really cool, especially for rachel fans

I wish SSF4 had an arrange mode where you could chose vanilla versions

Kapwan said:
I warn you now that some of the screenshots hint at where the story is going. Screenshots below.

:lol :lol :lol

Anyhow, wondering if AkSys is shooting for a near simultaneous worldwide release for this game? Would love to see this in the US shortly after the Japanese release guys.

The Take Out Bandit said:
:lol :lol :lol

Anyhow, wondering if AkSys is shooting for a near simultaneous worldwide release for this game? Would love to see this in the US shortly after the Japanese release guys.
Aksys' press release just says a vague "Summer" but if BBCT and BBPortable are any indication, we'll only have to wait a couple weeks max.

Wolfwood0 said:
Cant wait to play with u guys again. I haven't played in a few months, but we just opened up a new arcade in Houston and i ran some Blazblue at our tourney this past weekend. Got me hype again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wLL5npwRuk

Heres me trying to fight with my rusty ass Ragna.

Is this the Arcade that's played on consoles? I heard about it, might have to go check it out sometime. Just checked on the map where you are and damnnnn..north side :lol

I haven't touched BB in quite awhile, but CS might just draw me back. Especially if its at a $40 price point.

Oichi said:

This could be interesting, though I'd be picking CS Litchi anyway.

If Super did the same thing, I'd be picking Super Sakura :)lol ).

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Degen said:
So we never got rid of CT Rachel/Arakune/V13 at all; nooooooo :lol

I'm sure there will be an option to disable this in player matches, and it won't be in ranked matches.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
RapidCancel said:
Is this the Arcade that's played on consoles? I heard about it, might have to go check it out sometime. Just checked on the map where you are and damnnnn..north side :lol

I haven't touched BB in quite awhile, but CS might just draw me back. Especially if its at a $40 price point.

Ya man thats us. I wish H-town was smaller sometimes. Everyone is far from everyone else. But we plan on doin it big for CS when that hits. Hopefully the communality is big enough here in Texas where we can do monthly tourneys.

Wolfwood0 said:
Ya man thats us. I wish H-town was smaller sometimes. Everyone is far from everyone else. But we plan on doin it big for CS when that hits. Hopefully the communality is big enough here in Texas where we can do monthly tourneys.

Between you in Houston and UFO in Austin I keep hoping maybe some crazy-ass in San Antonio will start up an arcade for Japanese games. Then we can have a state-wide city brawl!

Wolfwood0 said:

That sounds awesome, if that happens...then maybe I'll have to make the drive up there.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
hikarutilmitt said:
Between you in Houston and UFO in Austin I keep hoping maybe some crazy-ass in San Antonio will start up an arcade for Japanese games. Then we can have a state-wide city brawl!

RapidCancel said:
That sounds awesome, if that happens...then maybe I'll have to make the drive up there.

Hope it happens too. We are having a big ssf4 release party on the 1st. open all night, giving away copies of the dojo edition, and xbox 360, and im bbqin :) Hopefully i can do somethin like that for CS. Yall should try to come check us out that weekend if ur in the area and you want me to whoop up on yall.

McBradders said:
I... got... the EU release... today... :(

Well then. I think this is in order:

gaf_bb_ragna_360_thumb.jpg

Full res for PS3 and 360 here.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I ordered Blazblue today dudes, my first fighting game in at least a couple years.
I've looked over this thread a few times and it feels like you guys are speaking a foreign language but I'm still looking forward to giving it a go. If anyone needs an effortless win you can find me online.

Snuggler said:
I ordered Blazblue today dudes, my first fighting game in at least a couple years.
I've looked over this thread a few times and it feels like you guys are speaking a foreign language but I'm still looking forward to giving it a go. If anyone needs an effortless win you can find me online.

On 360 or PS3? I'm on PS3 -- PSN: Prototype-03. I've been trying to learn Tager and I suck a LOT with him so we'll be even :D .

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll be on PS3 as well. I'll definitely be trying to online play but I'll have to learn the buttons first, hopefully I can find a character that'll fit my spastic play style.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oichi said:

Well, I don't think I'll ever need to use CT Tager. :lol

If this ends up really being $40, I'll probably get this on both systems like I'm doing with SSFIV. Yay.

Wolfwood0 said:
Hope it happens too. We are having a big ssf4 release party on the 1st. open all night, giving away copies of the dojo edition, and xbox 360, and im bbqin :) Hopefully i can do somethin like that for CS. Yall should try to come check us out that weekend if ur in the area and you want me to whoop up on yall.

1st of May? Sounds fun, how much is it to play?

I'll play anyone some matches on xbl if they'd like...I haven't played in 7 months :lol , but just hit me up. GT: Sileighy

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I've actually started playing this again as a bit of a protest. Running into random Nus made me realize that this game isn't really competitively viable, which is why our local community plays Melty instead.

That said, this is still a fun game, and BBCS looks like it brings the competiveness back in, unless you're Rachel (hopefully they buff her slightly)

Then again this is the only fighting game where I struggle to get a 50% win ratio.

I don't normally play fighting games, as I generally find them difficult and hectic. Having said that, I love how Blaz Blue looks, and I'm thinking about picking it up. Should I bother? I normally play RPG's and FPS's. PS3 or 360?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
hypostatic said:
I don't normally play fighting games, as I generally find them difficult and hectic. Having said that, I love how Blaz Blue looks, and I'm thinking about picking it up. Should I bother? I normally play RPG's and FPS's. PS3 or 360?

My suggestion: Wait until July for BBCS. $40, 7/20 supposedly.

BB appeals to the anime con crowd, who usually goes for RPG's, so you should like it at least as a SP game.

Which console you pick it up for won't matter unless you're competitive.

DimmuBurgerKing said:
No 360 gaffers still playing this? I'm so out of practice and want to take advantage of the free Gold weekend by playing some matches. Hit me up!
Dude, I was gonna ask if you wanted to play today, but I think I was playing SCIV with a friend.

I thought, "Goddamn, this guy's been on my friends list for ages but I've never actually played him." XD I'll definitely play tomorrow if you're on.

dragonlife29 said:
Dude, I was gonna ask if you wanted to play today, but I think I was playing SCIV with a friend.

I thought, "Goddamn, this guy's been on my friends list for ages but I've never actually played him." XD I'll definitely play tomorrow if you're on.

yessss. 8D

radiantdreamer said:
Well then. I think this is in order:

gaf_bb_ragna_360_thumb.jpg

Full res for PS3 and 360 here.

I liked (and still like) both of your pieces for the Euro release, for whatever it's worth.

matmanx1

Picked up BB Portable this weekend off of the PSN for $25 for an out of town trip and I have to say it's really great! It does an awesome job of recreating the console versions on the psp for less than half the price.

Load times are short with the digital version and I am able to pull off specials easily so the gameplay is great. The sprites animate well and the voices are intact. Aksys and Arc did a bang up job on this port and it's got me hyped all over again for CS!

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
RapidCancel said:
1st of May? Sounds fun, how much is it to play?

I'll play anyone some matches on xbl if they'd like...I haven't played in 7 months :lol , but just hit me up. GT: Sileighy

We charge $10 a day usually, but for SSF4 week we are doing free tournaments all week. Blazblue is Thursday the 28th. And for the party $20 covers you all day and night, food and raffle included.

BlazBlue is down to $19 (PS3) and $22 (360) at Amazon, BUY THIS GAME!

Great price point for the best damned online console fighter. Show me better netcode on a console fighter and I will spare your world! :p

Also see that PC BB will have cross platform play between PC and 360?

matmanx1 said:
Picked up BB Portable this weekend off of the PSN for $25 for an out of town trip and I have to say it's really great! It does an awesome job of recreating the console versions on the psp for less than half the price.

Load times are short with the digital version and I am able to pull off specials easily so the gameplay is great. The sprites animate well and the voices are intact. Aksys and Arc did a bang up job on this port and it's got me hyped all over again for CS!

I picked up the PSP version on Saturday. I don't have a 360 or PS3, so I didn't know what all the fuss was about (I assumed it was just like Guilty Gear). I would say that this stands out as one of the absolute best fighters on the system. I love all the different story elements and how different all the characters play. Great price too.

Mike M

Nick N
The Take Out Bandit said:
BlazBlue is down to $19 (PS3) and $22 (360) at Amazon, BUY THIS GAME!

Great price point for the best damned online console fighter. Show me better netcode on a console fighter and I will spare your world! :p

Also see that PC BB will have cross platform play between PC and 360?
Actually it's 20 bucks on 360 at Gamestop until the 25th too.

Been giving heavy consideration to picking it up, but should I wait for Continuum Shift? When does that come out?

Mike M said:

Been giving heavy consideration to picking it up, but should I wait for Continuum Shift? When does that come out?

No US date has been announced, but seriously $19.99 is a steal. It will give you a leg up on the game and CS sounds like it will offer additional content (more robust online modes, full training mode) to make owning that worthwhile once it hits these shores.

Best god damn fighting game of 2009!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Mike M said:

Gamestop/Amazon has it as July 20th. From what I hear, it's worth the wait. Given that the Japan release is July 1st, that's a reasonable assumption for timeframe. CT was released within that timeframe I believe.

I just hope Arc allows PS3 owners to install this time, that's my only issue with the Blazblue port.

I also hope CT triggers can't be used in ranked online matches, I don't need to see more Nu spam, but not too worried about that- Atlus generally makes good decisions.

This gen has turned me from hating Arc into becoming my favorite FG dev (until SNK starts running with the ball again hopefully)

arstal said:
Gamestop/Amazon has it as July 20th. From what I hear, it's worth the wait. Given that the Japan release is July 1st, that's a reasonable assumption for timeframe. CT was released within that timeframe I believe.

I just hope Arc allows PS3 owners to install this time, that's my only issue with the Blazblue port.

I also hope CT triggers can't be used in ranked online matches, I don't need to see more Nu spam, but not too worried about that- AkSys generally makes good decisions.

This gen has turned me from hating Arc into becoming my favorite FG dev (until SNK starts running with the ball again hopefully)

Fixed. ;)

7/20 would be awesome, but I'm not going to believe it.

Narcosis

mistuhcahlos said:
I picked up the PSP version on Saturday. I don't have a 360 or PS3, so I didn't know what all the fuss was about (I assumed it was just like Guilty Gear). I would say that this stands out as one of the absolute best fighters on the system. I love all the different story elements and how different all the characters play. Great price too.

I went ahead and bought this off of PSN this past week when I saw the price. I was just gonna wait until Continuum Shift to get a new fix of BlazBlue, but I'm glad I downloaded it. IMO it's the best portable fighting game I've ever played.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mike M said:

Eh, well I bought BB: Calamity Trigger. It's scheduled to arrive in the mail tomorrow, can't wait.

I'd wait for the new one but this is a perfect opportunity to try the series out since I've never even played a Guilty Gear game, if I enjoy it I'll definitely get the Super Blazblue version when it comes out. If anyone wants to kick a rookies ass for fun find me online @ Snuggler86. I wanna play as the grim reaper guy, he looks cool. So does the cat lady.

Oh yeah, question: What's the deal with the unlimited unlocked stuff on DLC? I can unlock that by beating the characters story mode or something like that, I'm sure, why are they selling it?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Snuggler said:
Eh, well I bought BB: Calamity Trigger. It's scheduled to arrive in the mail tomorrow, can't wait.

I'd wait for the new one but this is a perfect opportunity to try the series out since I've never even played a Guilty Gear game, if I enjoy it I'll definitely get the Super Blazblue version when it comes out. If anyone wants to kick a rookies ass for fun find me online @ Snuggler86. I wanna play as the grim reaper guy, he looks cool. So does the cat lady.

Oh yeah, question: What's the deal with the unlimited unlocked stuff on DLC? I can unlock that by beating the characters story mode or something like that, I'm sure, why are they selling it?

Because some people don't want to waste time unlocking it.

SFIV- I would have paid DLC money to not spend 10 hours wasting my time unlocking chars/colors/taunts.

Top Bottom