• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ReXXXSoprano said:
And could somebody tell me why Makoto's outfit looks very familiar?

fighter02copy_thumb.jpg

dfo fighter :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
CcrooK said:
Woah wait. So characters not the disc? How are people going to play against those who didn't download?

Two possibilities.

1.) mandatory post-launch patch includes her, and then you pay to unlock.
2.) work like map packs. if you don't buy her, you can't play against her either

xero273

Lyte Edge said:
Story mode has all these characters, huh? I never bothered with it in CT. Got the game and immediately went online...

oops, lol I read your question wrong. sry, taokaka was the only cat girl in CT playable. They haven't revealed another new cat girl in CS yet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ZealousD said:
Two possibilities.

2.) work like map packs. if you don't buy her, you can't play against her either

They already said you can play against her if don't buy her -.-

It's like the disgea 3 dl content. They patch the game for everyone like 200 - 300 mb at a time then release the unlock keys to access the said patched new content

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Gotta remember base game is $40, so $20 of DLC that's true expansion pack DLC, which 4-5 new chars would be, is fine by me.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
-DarKaoZ- said:
Found this picture, I doubt its from the Game Disc Art, maybe extra DVD Art?

http://www.4gamer.net/games/106/G010601/20100520049/SS/001.jpg

Drama CD.

HeresSomeWeapons said:
In Calamity Trigger? I don't remember that.

There's...a lot of cat people.

The furries are taking over. Be afraid.

arstal said:
Gotta remember base game is $40, so $20 of DLC that's true expansion pack DLC, which 4-5 new chars would be, is fine by me.

Import cost me $80. :(

Foxix Von

I should probably spend some more time with this game again, loved it when it came out but for some reason I just sort of lost touch with it. I'm sure I'll get my ass handed to me when I try it out again though :lol

So, I tried looking a bit but I must have missed it. When does continuum shift actually release?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Foxix said:
I should probably spend some more time with this game again, loved it when it came out but for some reason I just sort of lost touch with it. I'm sure I'll get my ass handed to me when I try it out again though :lol

So, I tried looking a bit but I must have missed it. When does continuum shift actually release?

July 1st in Japan, 27th in the US.

Canti

HeresSomeWeaponsl said:
In Calamity Trigger? I don't remember that.

There's...a lot of cat people.
Wasn't in Calamity Trigger as far as I remember but Famitsu revealed Torakaka and Platinum the Trinty (another of the six heroes) as story mode characters a few months back. So I guess there's a possibility they could become DLC too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ZealousD said:
Two possibilities.

If it's like #2, then they would splitting their player base. Not a good idea for a fighting game.

xero273 said:
oops, lol I read your question wrong. sry, taokaka was the only cat girl in CT playable. They haven't revealed another new cat girl in CS yet.

No, you read it correctly...I didn't mean playable, just featured characters in story mode.

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
I think he means Torakaka, the one that looks like Taokaka but in a darker-colored outfit.

That's the one!

LowParry

Man. I'm hyped for the game now. Would be a great break away from Super and back into 2D madness. Though I need to brush back up my Tao skills.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
HeresSomeWeapons said:
Her you mean? She's not playable...yet.

Isn't Kokonoe controlling Lambda?

And can someone ask in the Aksys Forums if Makoto or any DLC character will have a story mode included? or it will only be there with no story relation?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
These DLC chars could be an issue for competitive play. I don't think they should, given that this is the "good" DLC, but some folks really seem to be upset at Arc/Aksys for this.

Some are comparing it to the Vader/Yoda fiasco in SCIV.

Don't be surprised to see the chars banned at some tournies next year, even if they're perfectly fine.

ZealousD

_dementia said:
Well, Japanese release of CS is one week out
It won't hold a candle to ZealousD's amazing thread, but here it is
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22046884

Well we weren't exactly playing on even terms here. I spent weeks on this thread. You didn't have near the same amount of time. =P

Really impressed by your banner, though. Very slick. I wish I was that good at Photoshop lol.

Giolon

-DarKaoZ- said:
Dude... wrong thread. I posted it already in the Continuum Shift thread, this is BB1 thread. :lol
with all the other CS talk and material posting going on in this thread, you're going to shit on his post in particular?

arstal said:
These DLC chars could be an issue for competitive play. I don't think they should, given that this is the "good" DLC, but some folks really seem to be upset at Arc/Aksys for this.

Some are comparing it to the Vader/Yoda fiasco in SCIV.

Don't be surprised to see the chars banned at some tournies next year, even if they're perfectly fine.

Chars getting banned would be bullshit , every time they have a new idea for chars they have bring out new version of the game which is stupid with the way how system are now.

After buying SSF4 on a whim I've found myself in a fighting game mood and it has also greatly increased my level of appreciation for the functionality of arcade sticks. To the point, I saw this game is actually on quite a good sale (for Australian prices) and the PS3 version comes with an arcade stick. I'm not sure if this is an Australian exclusive but I was curious to know if the stick of reasonable quality, or if it's flat out rubbish?

xero273

SenorDingDong said:
After buying SSF4 on a whim I've found myself in a fighting game mood and it has also greatly increased my level of appreciation for the functionality of arcade sticks. To the point, I saw this game is actually on quite a good sale (for Australian prices) and the PS3 version comes with an arcade stick. I'm not sure if this is an Australian exclusive but I was curious to know if the stick of reasonable quality, or if it's flat out rubbish?

There is a new version of blazblue coming out. Continum Shift is the new version so not sure if you want to wait for it or not.

Can't tell you since we don't know what stick it is. I did some searching online. Is it this one?

http://www.playdisc.com.au/products/BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger-EB-Limited-Edition-PS3.html

or this one

http://www.japanvideogames.com/PS3-Hori-Blazblue-Fighting-Stick-Joystick-p/ps3j-4961818011618.htm

The bottom one I think is just a HRAP3 with blazblue art on top of it. not sure if buttons are sanwa though, but the stick is good.

xero273 said:
There is a new version of blazblue coming out. Continum Shift is the new version so not sure if you want to wait for it or not.

Can't tell you since we don't know what stick it is. I did some searching online. Is it this one?

http://www.playdisc.com.au/products/BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger-EB-Limited-Edition-PS3.html

or this one

http://www.japanvideogames.com/PS3-Hori-Blazblue-Fighting-Stick-Joystick-p/ps3j-4961818011618.htm

The bottom one I think is just a HRAP3 with blazblue art on top of it. not sure if buttons are sanwa though, but the stick is good.

It's the top one unfortunately. The reason I ask is that it looks as if it's distinctly lower quality than those you buy independently.

Nedjoe said:
Flat out rubbish. Not the worst thing in the world, but yeah pretty bad.

Edit: Didn't see your response. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably still pick it up as I still actually want the game and as I said it's going pretty cheap at the moment. Guess I'll still have to buy a proper stick at some stage though.

faridmon

Just ordered Clamity Trigger for the 360 (colletor edition or what ever it is called)
couple of question:

1- you don't need the original game to play this, right?
2- The collector edition comes with artbook, its not echi material, is it?

ZealousD

faridmon said:
Just ordered Clamity Trigger for the 360 (colletor edition or what ever it is called)
couple of question:

uhhhhh

Calamity Trigger is the original game.
Continuum Shift is the new update.

You didn't order Calamity Trigger thinking it was the new release, did you?

conman

faridmon said:
couple of question:

Calamity Trigger is the original game. The new one is Continuum Shift (and no, you don't need Calamity Trigger to play it).

EDIT- Ouch. Beaten twice. Slow to the trigger today.

faridmon

Sorry, I got confused. Continuum shift won't be out till October (just checked it out :lol )

Thanks everyone, what about the art book? Echi stuff there (hentai borderline?)

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
ZealousD said:
Two possibilities.

This is why I don't really care about code unlocks. If it weren't on the disk, this is how they would do it.

ZealousD said:
noo way

ARGH! I hate the unlimited Ragna. I'll never beat the Score Attack. I hate you, U-Ragna! I hate you... *lies in his bed and cries one's eyes out*

PC version makes me happy too because now the chances of obtaining ultra high resolution background captures is that much better.
I'd love to print something like Litchi's stage on a poster.

Hylian7

Any word on if the PC version is coming to North America. I figured out how to make my PS3 controllers work on my PC, so I would definitely buy the PC version as long as it's not too expensive. I do wonder why they're doing the first one though and not Continuum Shift.

ArjanN

Hylian7 said:
Any word on if the PC version is coming to North America. I figured out how to make my PS3 controllers work on my PC, so I would definitely buy the PC version as long as it's not too expensive. I do wonder why they're doing the first one though and not Continuum Shift.

I remember an announcement it is also coming to the US from a while ago.

PC games are region free anyway.

And there were a couple of delays, I guess that's why it's still the orginal game.

Top Bottom