• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Is LE Japan only or something?

Tempted, if only to stop playing SSF4 3 weeks early.

I think part of the reason I have fun with BB is that I completely suck at it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
_dementia said:

Interesting. Her drive attack reminds me a lot of Venom from GG.

She looks kinda like Lamba/Nu, but with less emphasis on zoning and better normals.

_dementia said:
who's going to make the CS thread? ZealousD?

I'm already going fucking bonkers on the Starcraft 2 OT, which comes out the same day.

If I was to make the CS thread, it'd be more of a "what's changed" sorta thing. Definitely more low key.

If somebody else wants to do it, that's fine with me.

Ashkeloth

remz said:
But this euro trailer says seven new characters.

I guess they fucked up.

Probably counting unlimited characters or something along that line.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone in this thread know of any good US stores that will ship to the UK? I'd like to get my hands on this game in english as soon as I can. Well, that and I really don't want to reward something as half-assed as that trailer with my cash.

Also, Mu looks pretty interesting. Probably not my sort of character though.

remz

ZealousD said:
Yeah, their math is weird. The only other character you could possibly squeeze in there is Lambda, but she's basically a recolor of Nu.
Yeah, I know.

I suppose if it's Lamba+ Hazama+ Tsubaki + Mu + 3 unlimited versions it works... but then one character wouldn't have an unlimited version. Huh.

Thanks again guys. (just woke up after watching the MS press conference)

Here is a better quality version of the inside cover for the PS3.
Blazblue_inside_cover_PS3_by_BlkCelebration.jpg

ZealousD said:
I'm already going fucking bonkers on the Starcraft 2 OT, which comes out the same day.

If I was to make the CS thread, it'd be more of a "what's changed" sorta thing. Definitely more low key.

If somebody else wants to do it, that's fine with me.
In that case, I'd love to take the reins!

excellent work DM_Uselink!

_dementia said:
I'm really glad CS will have that training mode so i can learn bnbs
i'm watching the stream and i can't do any of that shit :lol

I'm a Jin user and I still can't get flow of moving my combos into the air properly. I hope their is a game time because I know I'm going to spend many hours in training....again.

_dementia said:
I'm really glad CS will have that training mode so i can learn bnbs
i'm watching the stream and i can't do any of that shit :lol

You and me both. If it's anywhere near the quality of the one in VF4Evo or even SFEX+@, I'm down (the one in Super is ALMOST as good as in SFEX+@, but still does some stuff wrong, imo).

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I hope the PS3 version can install like the 360. While load times aren't bad, if you play the game enough- installing is still worth it.

Waiting with bated breath for CS, it can't possibly come soon enough. At least I have Death Smiles coming soon to help break in my new Seimitsu stick in the meantime.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Finally got around to finishing CT story mode the other day. I can't wait to give Tsubaki a try. CS needs 100% more Oshiete Litchi-sensei! :D

Shame it seems like so few people play online anymore.

luka said:
Finally got around to finishing CT story mode the other day. I can't wait to give Tsubaki a try. CS needs 100% more Oshiete Litchi-sensei! :D

Shame it seems like so few people play online anymore.

Stop playing online thanks to all the changes they made to the game( was a rachel player) same for most of my friends.

remz said:
Yeah, I know.

I suppose if it's Lamba+ Hazama+ Tsubaki + Mu + 3 unlimited versions it works... but then one character wouldn't have an unlimited version. Huh.
Or....they're not counting Lambda and then there's 4 unlimited versions?

EDIT: Nevermind, that doesn't make any sense either.

I'm watching it right now. Some of those players are doing combos on just a pad. Wow. That Jin vs Nu match for BB#2 is impressive. That Arakune and Carl do massive damage.

Ahahahahaha.

What the hell Makoto. What the HELL.

(Makoto has been announced as DLC, along with Nu. She is dressed in quite possibly the trashiest outfit this side of SCIV Ivy.)

remz

Pureauthor said:
Ahahahahaha.

What the hell Makoto. What the HELL.

(Makoto has been announced as DLC, along with Nu. She is dressed in quite possibly the trashiest outfit this side of SCIV Ivy.)
Well, that explains one of the new character slots! Link us? or is it a scan? ._.

edit: rofl, just saw it, Makoto rocking the underboob/thong combination and tonfas. What a ridiculous outfit, ahahaha.

And oh god I hope Nu plays nothing like her vanilla ridiculousness.

remz said:
Well, that explains one of the new character slots! Link us? or is it a scan? ._.

Sorry, scan. You can probably find more info at Dustloop or something.

(On the plus side - more character music! YAY!)

remz

Hooray, music!

I think Makoto wouldn't look that bad if not for the ridiculous squirrel tail, just makes her look weird as hell.

The tonfas are interesting. Her drive is apparently called impact- sounds pretty close quarters

and also also if that europe thing is right this means we have like 2 or 3 new characters to go. Valkenhayn or bust!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yes, Valkenhyn would be awesome. I wonder if(by the scan) Nu will be without her suit and fight differently, because it seems pointless to bring her back if Lamba has mostly the same moveset.

remz

Papercuts said:
Yes, Valkenhyn would be awesome. I wonder if(by the scan) Nu will be without her suit and fight differently, because it seems pointless to bring her back if Lamba has mostly the same moveset.
It'd basically be Lambda without the Act parser moves and with teleport, IIRC, yeah? Huh. who knows. I dunno if they could be bothered thinking up a whole new moveset for her. Hope they do though.

I smell an on-disc paid unlock. I am thoroughly disgusted if true.
Or perhaps they're part of the free balance patch? who am I kidding, this shit is probably paid :lol

remz

luka said:
What do you mean by this? Does the console select screen have obvious open spaces for dlc characters?
Naw, nothing that concrete.:lol The european release trailer claimed SEVEN NEW CHARACTERS, so I'd like to dream we were actually getting seven enw characters, despite the euro guys usually having questionable new character numbering

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
remz said:
It'd basically be Lambda without the Act parser moves and with teleport, IIRC, yeah? Huh. who knows. I dunno if they could be bothered thinking up a whole new moveset for her. Hope they do though.

Or perhaps they're part of the free balance patch? who am I kidding, this shit is probably paid :lol

If it's not on-disc, this DLC should be paid, and I'd be happy to pay it.

I actually kinda doubt it's on-disc, as Makoto's a brand new char, and those take time.
This isn't a 3D game.

HeresSomeWeapons said:
Which is why Makoto is pretty surprising. Even Kokonoe was a more likely candidate than her.

She's really popular with elements of the fanbase and even with the producers, or so I heard.

As to why she's popular...

luka

Loves Robotech S1
arstal said:
If it's not on-disc, this DLC should be paid, and I'd be happy to pay it.

I actually kinda doubt it's on-disc, as Makoto's a brand new char, and those take time.
This isn't a 3D game.

Oh of course. A new character in a 2D fighter is a very big deal and definitely should be worth something, but announcing dlc before the game is even out sets off alarms. We don't know how long they've been working on her. Maybe she was developed alongside Mu and intentionally withheld.

I hate being overly cynical but the industry has trained me.

And I still don't know how I feel about added characters for fighting games in DLC form. Extra stages and costumes are great because those aren't game changers. A new character is a major thing and if you want to keep up with the community you're almost obligated to buy it.

Makoto not bad , paid DLC or not i will take all the new people i can get .
Still with a new char everyone has to buy if it is DLC to kept up to date.

So I guess the "7 new characters" things won't be a lie

I'm working on the Official thread for Continuum Shift. Should be up by Saturday-ish to make the week of its Japanese release.

arstal said:
Oh yeah- first question- if you got the PS3 version, can you install?

It's probably the same as CT. I don't think it's necessary since the load times were pretty short. They were longer in online play because of how long it takes to synchronize the game, not because of the game assets. So even if they do installs you'll still have to wait the same amount of time.

_dementia said:
If Valkenhayn is in this just make him Slayer pls.

Technically speaking isn't he really his counterpart when you think about it? Still iffy on squirrel girl making the roster but I await a proper freak out for Jubei.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
luka said:
Oh of course. A new character in a 2D fighter is a very big deal and definitely should be worth something, but announcing dlc before the game is even out sets off alarms. We don't know how long they've been working on her. Maybe she was developed alongside Mu and intentionally withheld.

I hate being overly cynical but the industry has trained me.

And I still don't know how I feel about added characters for fighting games in DLC form. Extra stages and costumes are great because those aren't game changers. A new character is a major thing and if you want to keep up with the community you're almost obligated to buy it.

True. That said, it's the one content that has actual value.

Customization pieces in 3d games like VF/Tekken/SC- that's the sort of thing that should be DLC, and I'll buy that in droves.

Top Bottom