• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

arstal said:
True. That said, it's the one content that has actual value.

Customization pieces in 3d games like VF/Tekken/SC- that's the sort of thing that should be DLC, and I'll buy that in droves.

To this day I'm still dumbfounded as to why this hasn't been embraced for fighters. I mean if we have maps for COD and the like why not give us the same?

Costumes & withheld music & etc. as a package seems much more viable for DLC purchase then 2-3 new palette swaps?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Urban Scholar said:
To this day I'm still dumbfounded as to why this hasn't been embraced for fighters. I mean if we have maps for COD and the like why not give us the same?

Costumes & withheld music & etc. as a package seems much more viable for DLC purchase then 2-3 new palette swaps?

Soul Calibur had holiday themed costume parts. What annoyed me was the costume parts I wanted were LE only.

KOFXII had music

CT just offered palette swap DLC.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
9rtz4l.jpg

Hag

The waiting is killing me ):

Hopefully we get a gameplay vid of Makoto soon. I'm interested to see her in action. I love rushdown characters.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Makoto:

2132417903.jpg

How is that "the sluttiest design since Ivy in Soul Calibur?" That new character (the unlocked Noel or whatever) is far more "nude" in comparison.

I'll be shocked if this character (and any others that follow) are real DLC and not unlock keys. It just wouldn't work for a fighter unless they make everyone download an update first, which is going to take up space whether you want that DLC or not.

Lyte Edge

Degen said:
And Tekken just freaking blew it. Aren't there still stages you can't get to without random select?

Yes, two stages are only available in random select. Really weird thing to do.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
Makoto:

2132417903.jpg

How is that "the sluttiest design since Ivy in Soul Calibur?" That new character (the unlocked Noel or whatever) is far more "nude" in comparison.

I'll be shocked if this character (and any others that follow) are real DLC and not unlock keys. It just wouldn't work for a fighter unless they make everyone download an update first, which is going to take up space whether you want that DLC or not.

Unless it's an unfinished char that becomes free DLC. I know, not in this era, but Arc might.

Ferrio

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Ahahahahaha.

What the hell Makoto. What the HELL.

(Makoto has been announced as DLC, along with Nu. She is dressed in quite possibly the trashiest outfit this side of SCIV Ivy.)

Wha Makoto is a playable character now? Awesome, been wanting her in since I saw her in Noel's story mode.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Wow thats the sluttiest looking character I've seen in a while. I wonder what kind of fighting style she has.

Also the DLC fighter whoring begins!

I assume they'll be patched into the arcade version too. CT's Nu and Hakumen were added to the arcade roster after a patch IIRC.

It's now a week from release in Japan. I'll have the CS Official thread up as soon as tonight or tomorrow for you J-GAFfers and importers.

HK-47 said:
Wow thats the sluttiest looking character I've seen in a while. I wonder what kind of fighting style she has.

That's one way to look at it, I'd like to think its the start of DLC to extend interest to continue playing well after release.

Ferrio

Banned
HK-47 said:

I liked her original outfit better, but I'm glad squirrel girl is in.

c_makoto01copy.png

FoxSpirit

Wow, the ingame Makoto is somewhat emberassing. What's next, a fully nude character? At least Tao's fanservice was subtle >.<

Hag

Some stuff is answered by Aksys:http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685

Q: Will there be DLC characters?
A: Yes, indeedy! Makoto was just recently announced in this week’s Famitsu. Watch this space for updates to when she’ll be released and for future DLC characters. For you conspiracy theorists, Makoto is NOT on the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift disc nor are any of the future DLC characters, so you’re not just purchasing simple unlock code.

Canti

Wow, the release date kinda crept up on me, didn't realise it was so soon. The original Blazblue has been the only fighter this gen I've put any decent amount of time into (and one of my few PS3 platinum trophies) so I'll be jumping on this day one.

Hopefully the DLC characters don't upset the balance too much.

Hag said:
Any chance of this pic in full size/high res? :D

Shinriji

As cool as Makoto looks like, I won't buy any character DLC. Because 2 years from now, she will be free (and possibly a better character) on the inevitable sequel. And I hope she is only avaliable on the arcade mode and local versus. Characters like this can be break online play if she isn't properly balanced.

Shinriji said:
As cool as Makoto looks like, I won't buy any character DLC. Because 2 years from now, she will be free (and possibly a better character) on the inevitable sequel. And I hope she is only avaliable on the arcade mode and local versus. Characters like this can be break online play if she isn't properly balanced.

No way your not going to be able to play her online allot of my BB play came from that, not able to play with a char that might be my main online is crazy talk .

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok there are still like 2 or 3 more characters coming besides Makoto, and yeah there is a reason the game is being made patchable via dl for balances. The next BB isn't gonna be out for a while as said by the creators themselves -.-

QisTopTier said:
Ok there are still like 2 or 3 more characters coming besides Makoto, and yeah there is a reason the game is being made patchable via dl for balances. The next BB isn't gonna be out for a while as said by the creators themselves -.-

Looks like I'm picking up all the new chars. This is SSF4 all over again.

Lyte Edge

Ah okay, now I see what you guys are talking about. I didn't notice the bottom half of Makoto's outfit until I saw the high-res artwork. :lol

Still pretty typical for fighting games. :p

Hag said:
Some stuff is answered by Aksys:http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685

Q: Will there be DLC characters?
A: Yes, indeedy! Makoto was just recently announced in this week’s Famitsu. Watch this space for updates to when she’ll be released and for future DLC characters. For you conspiracy theorists, Makoto is NOT on the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift disc nor are any of the future DLC characters, so you’re not just purchasing simple unlock code.

Will believe it when I see it!

Anyway, getting this game next week...hype!

AAK

So how does a DLC character work? If I'm playing online, can I still play against someone else who uses this character when I never payed for the DLC?

Definately not expecting DLC like that at all.

I'll fucking bite on Makoto when she becomes available.

Underboob and panty shots are just bonuses for your purchase.

Jubei and Valkenhyn are automatic, so the question is who's left?

And could somebody tell me why Makoto's outfit looks very familiar?

LowParry

Been a while since I've played. Squirrel nut slut Makoto...I'm confused about with design. Meh. A new character is a new character. This really is out next month in the US?

Woah wait. So characters not the disc? How are people going to play against those who didn't download?

Volcynika

AAK said:
So how does a DLC character work? If I'm playing online, can I still play against someone else who uses this character when I never payed for the DLC?

You'd just essentially download them to your machine, just not be able to play as them. Probably be required to download on release before you go back online.

LowParry

Volcynika said:
You'd just essentially download them to your machine, just not be able to play as them. Probably be required to download on release before you go back online.

So a big patch. Guess that would make sense.

Btw, how's the community between the 360 and PS3 version?

Lyte Edge

ReXXXSoprano said:
Jubei and Valkenhyn are automatic, so the question is who's left?

Isn't there another catgirl like Taokaka that's going to be playable too?

Top Bottom