• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
xero273 said:
Hazama and Tsubaki are new playable characters. μ-12 is console exclusive character. Legion mode and tutorial mode that is sort of like SFIV has been added.

So I am paying $40 for 3 characters, tutorial and a new story? Yup I will have to consider this very deeply :lol

h3ro

Relix said:
So I am paying $40 for 3 characters, tutorial and a new story? Yup I will have to consider this very deeply :lol

Agreed. I picked up CT for full price when it was launched, great game, really enjoyed it as a supplement to Vanilla SFIV. Now that Super is out and it's as great as I'd hope it would be, CS just doesn't look like that great of a deal when you see what Capcom added to their iterative release this year. 10 characters, new Ultras for each character, new stages, music, etc.

I'll pick it up, probably not at launch though, unless Amazon runs a great promotion deal.

Don't forget there's improved network (network is amazing as it is already), Challenge Mode, tweaked characters, more battle quotes, and new stages and soundtrack. It's gonna be pretty packed.

h3ro said:
Agreed. I picked up CT for full price when it was launched, great game, really enjoyed it as a supplement to Vanilla SFIV. Now that Super is out and it's as great as I'd hope it would be, CS just doesn't look like that great of a deal when you see what Capcom added to their iterative release this year. 10 characters, new Ultras for each character, new stages, music, etc.

I'll pick it up, probably not at launch though, unless Amazon runs a great promotion deal.

BBCS changes are a lot more subtle in changes than the "we're going to add more stuff." The biggest changes are the primers, bursts and astral heat requirements. With the primers, there is a LOT less of green barriers. The burst change makes you think about when to burst instead of an instant "oh no, I'm gonna die... I should burst now" (also, offensive bursts are now gold bursts and makes the opponent fly up *think juggle* instead of an instant armor break and they CAN be killed). Also, bursts no longer put you at a danger state and you can save them up for the next round. Astrals can now be activated at 30% and it doesn't have to be the last round -- makes the game a lot more flashier.

The character changes really shift some of them. Rachel is no longer a godly rush down character but she is now good zoner (probably the best in the game) that punishes well when an opponent makes a mistake (shame that her damage sucks though). Lambda is totally reworked -- best primer breaker in the game, her long range game is not as good, but her mid-range game is awesome.

edit: also, great news about EU release. It was such a slap in the face to EU to release an outdated game.

KanedaGS

1019__500x375_bbcs_boxart.jpg

h3ro

Prototype-03 said:
The burst change makes you think about when to burst instead of an instant "oh no, I'm gonna die... I should burst now" (also, offensive bursts are now gold bursts and makes the opponent fly up *think juggle* instead of an instant armor break and they CAN be killed).

That's a great change. Sounds akin to Dusts from Guilty Gear.

Looks like I'll be picking this one up for sure. I just picked up a TE stick to go along with my SE and I need to justify the purchase with more fighting games. :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
h3ro said:

Actually, Continuum Shift has more content than SSF4 in my opinion. For better or for worse the basic game system has been completely revamped, existing moves have been tweaked, new moves have been added, stages have been redone. Sure, there are only four new characters (Tsubaki, Hazama, Lambda, u-11), but it's very different from CT to me.

Giolon

Oichi said:
Actually, Continuum Shift has more content than SSF4 in my opinion. For better or for worse the basic game system has been completely revamped, existing moves have been tweaked, new moves have been added, stages have been redone. Sure, there are only four new characters (Tsubaki, Hazama, Lambda, u-11), but it's very different from CT to me.

Also, important to me is the continuation of Story Mode. Having gone through and unlocking the True Ending, I'm dying to find out what happens next!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Giolon said:
Also, important to me is the continuation of Story Mode. Having gone through and unlocking the True Ending, I'm dying to find out what happens next!

Did you even understand what happened the first time through?

ZealousD said:

Basically, every single story variation in the Arcade and Story modes happened (I think someone and calculated 725 iterations) due to the Stable Time Loop of nu-12 and Ragna going back in time and becoming the Black Beast. Rachel and Hazama are one of the very select group who are aware of the time loops (and also retain their memories from each iteration) and are constantly trying to one-up the other in an attempt to break the loop for good. (Incidentally, that explains why Rachel is so PO'd at everything - she's been through it so many times already)

The true ending is the first time that the loop actually gets broken, so the timeline can actually progress for once.

Giolon

ZealousD said:
Yeup. It's not that complicated...in a super complicated sort of way :lol It's just a time loop....

Pureauthor said:
Basically, every single story variation in the Arcade and Story modes happened (I think someone and calculated 725 iterations) due to the Stable Time Loop of nu-12 and Ragna going back in time and becoming the Black Beast. Rachel and Hazama are one of the very select group who are aware of the time loops (and also retain their memories from each iteration) and are constantly trying to one-up the other in an attempt to break the loop for good. (Incidentally, that explains why Rachel is so PO'd at everything - she's been through it so many times already)

The true ending is the first time that the loop actually gets broken, so the timeline can actually progress for once.
Plus Kokonoe figures out the existence of the time loop each time (someone said to her "you figured it out faster this time..." at some point during the story). Someone mentioned the number of loops too, I think it was Rachel.

Personally I thought it was fantastic in that whacked out anime sort of way. Don't get me wrong, I love the fighting system (particularly what I played of CS in Japan), but it's the plot that really tickled my fancy.

Oichi said:

I like CS better than ssf4 but I don't see how you could say it has more content.

Giolon said:
Yeup. It's not that complicated...in a super complicated sort of way :lol It's just a time loop....

Plus Kokonoe figures out the existence of the time loop each time (someone said to her "you figured it out faster this time..." at some point during the story). Someone mentioned the number of loops too, I think it was Rachel.

Personally I thought it was fantastic in that whacked out anime sort of way. Don't get me wrong, I love the fighting system (particularly what I played of CS in Japan), but it's the plot that really tickled my fancy.

I liked it, generally made sense while tying together stuff nicely while also offering venues for each character's endings and deeds, yet still managing to tie in a bunch of tropes de la cremes (red oni/blue oni, goth loli, etc). :lol

Degen

Blazblue, I'm sorry I ever doubted you. SSF4 is fun, but I suck on an unfathomable level.

ZealousD said:
My thoughts while playing through the stories: "Everyone is either everyone else's sibling or the same person. got it."

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
when is blazblue PC sposed to hit? I thought it was announced ages ago for steam and that it would have cross-platform play, but i search on google for 'steam blazblue' and see articles as recent as May 19th with no concrete info.

Steaks

akachan ningen said:
I like CS better than ssf4 but I don't see how you could say it has more content.
Considering it has a more robust training mode, an actual tutorial and a coherent (if really anime as hell) story on top of better netcode and matchfinding. Uh yeah it has more content.

Unless you mean amount of fighters, but that's another argument entirely.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Giolon said:

I know how you feel, I LOVE the storyline of BlazBlue.

Ha, they picked my drawing.
I found out about the contest a week before the deadline (through this thread).
I pulled a marathon on the last day to finish it. I definitely could have done better, but I was really pressed for time.
Mine is the PS3 version on top. (They squished the proportions on the site by the way.)
It's really cool to have my drawing printed on every PS3 copy.

DM_Uselink said:
I pulled a marathon on the last day to finish it. I definitely could have done better, but I was really pressed for time.
Mine is the PS3 version on top. (They squished the proportions on the site by the way.)
congratulations!

DM_Uselink said:
awesome art, congratulations.

Giolon

DM_Uselink said:
Thanks, if you guys want I can post a better version of the drawing up here. I just got to get the go ahead from Aksys.

Please do. I'll be getting a 360 copy though so I won't get your sweet art in print :(

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Spruchy said:
Was going to buy this game but all the nonsensical SF bashing is making me think about that...more content? Really?

One of the best Online Networks, Tutorial mode, challenge mode aka Trials, 6 hrs of completely confusing but amusing story mode, 3 new characters (1 that is not in arcades), new moves, balancing. Yeah, I think it has more content than the first one, also for 40 bux, you can't complain.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Interesting, but I wish the didn't look like Nu, I mean with those stick on the back, same pose and stuff. :lol
i really like mu's character design but then again i'm a total mecha musume fan

i hate nu/lamda's look though, go figure

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
_dementia said:
i really like mu's character design but then again i'm a total mecha musume fan

i hate nu/lamda's look though, go figure

Well her design is not bad, it just that those wings, they could try to make her a bit more original, dunno... maybe 2 big swords as wings? Also a different pose than Nu... dunno I just feels like a Nu clone, even if most of her moves are different, but well I'm talking design wise.

Narcosis

-DarKaoZ- said:
One of the best Online Networks, Tutorial mode, challenge mode aka Trials, 6 hrs of completely confusing but amusing story mode, 3 new characters (1 that is not in arcades), new moves, balancing. Yeah, I think it has more content than the first one, also for 40 bux, you can't complain.

Shit, even if it ONLY had the same amount as Calamity Trigger I'd still bite. CT was so good I even double dipped and bought the portable version, which I normally scorn the idea of buying the same game twice.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Who is importing Continuum Shift? I'm planning on getting the Japanese version for 360 and then the American PS3 version when it comes out later on.

People are saying that the J-version is not going to have English text this time around.

xero273

Lyte Edge said:
Who is importing Continuum Shift? I'm planning on getting the Japanese version for 360 and then the American PS3 version when it comes out later on.

People are saying that the J-version is not going to have English text this time around.

getting ps3 version here and american 360

Top Bottom