• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE BOOK OF ELI: Come here if you want your Blu-ray/DVD autographed

Status
Not open for further replies.
LosDaddie said:
and that's why GAF rocks.
much better than gamespot, right?
significantly better. looking back, I'm not quite sure how I was even suckered into dealing with the draconian experience that embodied that site.

Gary Whitta said:
Damn, I hope Amazon lets me order this many copies! I feel a LIFETIME BAN coming on!
You might have to email them, I can only pre-order 3 at a time.

levious said:
can't wait for this to propel Book of Eli to #1 on the amazon chart, then for the gossip site story revealing that Gary Whitta himself purchased over 200 copies of his own movie.
:lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
can't wait for this to propel Book of Eli to #1 on the amazon chart, then for the gossip site story revealing that Gary Whitta himself purchased over 200 copies of his own movie.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
You're awesome Gary!

Very tempted, but I already have two copies of the movie. :lol

Sidenote, is there any specific reason why the US had to wait 2 additional weeks for the release? It was out here the 28th May on Blu/DVD.

Tunesmith said:
You're awesome Gary!

Very tempted, but I already have two copies of the movie. :lol

Sidenote, is there any specific reason why the US had to wait 2 additional weeks for the release? It was out here the 28th May on Blu/DVD.
I think because it's different studios/distributors in different territories so they got to set their own release dates.

Respect to you man! Awesome way to please your gaf fans!

Also concerning the lifetime ban just send them an email just like this: I'm Garry Whitta Bitch!
Come on over here and have sex with Evilore!

Dolla Dolla said:
You might have to email them, I can only pre-order 3 at a time.

I didn't check out, but the product page only lets you select up to 3. If you add it and then go to the shopping cart, you can then type in your own quantity, I put it to 50 and hit update cart, which changed the subtotal to over $1k. I deleted immediately but I don't think it will stop you if you try to check out this way.

Ding

Cindres said:
Wow, i never knew this was ACTUALLY Gary Whitta before now :lol
I imagine that Gary himself is barely getting used to the idea that he has gone from being "Gary Whitta", to being "the Gary Whitta".

It must be a little disconcerting.

In a special promotional offer, some lucky recipients will also receive one of these!

8x3ad3.jpg

On second thoughts... no.

theusedversion said:
Gary, Walmart has the same price for the DVD and Bluray and I think you can get 10 copies at a time if you want to go that route.
Thanks. I've got a plan in the works to make sure everyone who wants a copy gets one :D

theusedversion said:
Gary, Walmart has the same price for the DVD and Bluray and I think you can get 10 copies at a time if you want to go that route.

There will be tax. Another option might be Fry's as they may have it for cheaper.

UrokeJoe

Gary Whitta said:
43 orders so far, I may have to call for backup!

I would love one and have thought about it most of the day. Just not sure if I want to add to your bother.

When you first posted this my first thought was "man did he open up a can of worms, he'll be signing for weeks..."

Anyways the PC Gamer podcast is always better when you are there, nice to know you post here, and glad for your success.

Just wanted to chime in and say I will be buying the BD on Day 1, it was an awesome movie...

No need for the autograph tho :)

I had no idea who Gary Whitta was. I thought it was just a user name. Wikipedia filled me in. Gary, what episodes of Star Trek Voyager did you write? Please don't say Threshold...

I'll be responding to PMs with paypal information this week. Sorry for the delay.

Also, due to overwhelming demand, this offer is now CLOSED! Sorry but I've got to draw the line somewhere and it's going to be difficult enough to scare up enough copies for all the orders already received! :lol

rezuth

Gary Whitta said:
I'll be responding to PMs with paypal information this week. Sorry for the delay.

Also, due to overwhelming demand, this offer is now CLOSED! Sorry but I've got to draw the line somewhere and it's going to be difficult enough to scare up enough copies for all the orders already received! :lol
Awww, that really sucks. This was going to be my first signed copy of anything :( You can't reconsider for a poor Swede? I'm already screwed on waiting for the iPad, don't make me miss this too :(

Subscribed in case the awesome Gary Whitta decides to reopen this offer...or goes crazy...or breaks his hand. Whichever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom