• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE BOOK OF ELI: Come here if you want your Blu-ray/DVD autographed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary , i must say you are awesome. I saw your name once here on neogaf and i suddently remembered reading your reviews in amiga magazines...

i may be mistaken but you called sim city a paint program in one of your articles back in the 90s...

thanks for the memories :)

Minamu

DarthButcher said:
Subscribed in case the awesome Gary Whitta decides to reopen this offer...or goes crazy...or breaks his hand. Whichever comes first.
How will this help you get a dvd/bd? :lol I hesitated and got burned! :'(

I just saw this thread, damn. Gary, I told you in a pm and the official thread if I could get one. Can you order one more for me?

Thanks!

Minamu said:
How will this help you get a dvd/bd? :lol I hesitated and got burned! :'(

He could break his hand from signing too many copies. It would be unfortunate and unlikely, but I did break my ankle roller skating on a date...

Chris R

DukeSucks said:
really cool of you Gary. If you decide to open it back up, please let me know!
This :( :( :(

Wasn't able to tell my brother about it until yesterday and he had to think about it (plus I had to add money to my bank/paypal account). Do let us know if you decide to do just a few more copies :(

draven

Gary Whitta said:
**DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND, AS OF 2:46PM SUNDAY JUNE 6 THIS OFFER IS CLOSED! ANY PMS RECEIVED AFTER THAT TIME WILL NOT GET A RESPONSE**

PEACE AND LOVE, PEACE AND LOVE!

Is it odd that I read your OP in Ringo's voice?

Didn't make the cut, but wanted to thank you anyway for doing this. That was an amazingly charitable thing to do.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm curious if Amazon shipped 50+ orders to Gary. I want pictures of the box they shipped it in

Oh the movie doesnt come out till next week, wtf

shuri

Banned
Couldn't you just get copies straight from WB for a better price and just have people paypal you the money..?

Amazon cuts you off after you've ordered three copies of anything so I've had to get creative in my sourcing of these Blu-rays. Never fear, everyone who requested one before the cut-off will get one.

I'm waiting for the first batch to arrive before I start asking people for money so that I can fill the orders as soon as payment is received. The first 25-30 people who ordered will get their copies first, the rest will get theirs very shortly after that. Sorry for the slight delay.

Gary Whitta said:
Amazon cuts you off after you've ordered three copies of anything so I've had to get creative in my sourcing of these Blu-rays. Never fear, everyone who requested one before the cut-off will get one.

I'm waiting for the first batch to arrive before I start asking people for money so that I can fill the orders as soon as payment is received. The first 25-30 people who ordered will get their copies first, the rest will get theirs very shortly after that. Sorry for the slight delay.

You're awesome! No need to apologize for anything! :D

Gary Whitta said:
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I actually have some free codes for that month's Qore, need to figure out how best to give them away...

Simple. One of the two:

a). Twitter
b). Contact everyone who has "preordered" Book of Eli from you and ask them if they have a PS3 and would love free code for Qore.

Bought my copy locally last night. Watched most of the special features and thought it was hilarious that Gary gets such little screen time in the segments where they talk about the story/script/themes/influences.

Okay now that OT is back open...

Sorry for the delays, everyone. It's taken a while for me to get enough copies for everyone, I didn't realize I would get so many orders! At the very least the first people to get their orders in will have their Blu-rays sent out this weekend. If you're getting impatient and want to cancel I understand, just PM me and let me know. I am trying to get them all done as quickly as possible.

Frostburn

And just to clarify, you are sending out PMs with Paypal info as you get the order ready? I think I was around the 40th or so person to order but have not yet recieved a PM so I can pay you. I already bought a copy to watch at home and I'll be saving the one you sign to put on display. Can't wait man! Love the film, my Mom even loved it!

Yeah, I never got a PM reply with PayPal info either. Gary, you actually received the entire order already? I want to see what that looks like :lol

Aselith

Welp, I missed out on this so poop. Nonetheless, thanks for doing this, Gary Whitta. You can't be making anything on the deal and it's really awesome of you to give your time this way.

U2NUMB

Gary Whitta said:
PayPal info will go out Friday to at least the first 20-25 people for sure, to all 55 if I have all the copies in hand by then.

Thanks for the update and for doing all this work, we all appreciate it!

4710409769_4600751b2b_b.jpg

If you ordered, check your PM tonight for PayPal info :D

RedStep

Gilgamesh said:
Did anyone ask him to sign his name four times in a column? If not, I'm pretty disappointed, GAF.

I didn't think of that!

Gary - if you're listening - I just paid you. Dude. Do it. Let me taste the glory. Four times in a row.

Do it.

Oh, and thanks for all this.

Do it.

Kibbles

Gary Whitta said:
4710409769_4600751b2b_b.jpg

If you ordered, check your PM tonight for PayPal info :D
Wow, did nobody order DVD copies? :lol I feel like I'm in the stone age now. Very awesome of you by the way.

Kibbles said:
Wow, did nobody order DVD copies? :lol I feel like I'm in the stone age now. Very awesome of you by the way.

Blu-ray comes with a DVD copy so I just ordered the Blu-ray version even though I no longer have a blu-ray player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom