• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Good result for having not played most of the year, but can't help but feel like he totally choked the fourth set away. Result might have been the same anyway.

Ricker

Milos Raonic on what impact the first Canadian man reaching a Slam final will have: "It will have a bigger impact if I win." ;)

Diamond

Cold as ice Milos. He's a different player. Some clutch points. I think Roger wasn't at his best though, it was a match he would have won last year.
I still bet big time on Murray. Can't see how he can let this opportunity pass.

JBwB

Dammit Fed :(

Since Raonic ruined Federer's only chance at getting a 18th I'm going to be pissed if he doesn't win the final. Don't waste this chance you ass.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I think Federer is done. This was a draw where he didn't need to face Djoker or Rafa, and he still couldn't get through.

End of an era.

Happy for my fellow Canuck though. I hope he can defeat the Scottish guy.

Smellycat

Good result for having not played most of the year, but can't help but feel like he totally choked the fourth set away. Result might have been the same anyway.

Yeah that is how I feel. After being injured for most of the year, this is a great result. He got my hopes up though when he said he believes he can win the title. :/

You're talking as if Raonic is some kind of scrub. He's not.

He isn't. He is good. And I'm proud of him, I'm just sick of this sort of nationalistic circlejerk when athletes in any sport other then do somewhat well. (Same thing went down with James Hinchcliffe, and guess what, that season opening win at St. Petersburg was a total fluke)

Did Wimbledon suddenly become a hockey tournament? It's gonna get mentioned a bunch, but tennis is a third-tier sport up here. It's not gonna be the main story.

It will be for the next few days. And that's what I was referring to.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah that is how I feel. After being injured for most of the year, this is a great result. He got my hopes up though when he said he believes he can win the title. :/

Yeah, I mean, felt like he was right there until that collapse at 40-0 up :(

Dr.Acula

Banned
It will be for the next few days. And that's what I was referring to.

Nah, it'll be in the "lighter" news part of the broadcast for three minutes. They might go down to the youth tennis centre at 6:23 and talk to a group of 10-year-olds for a second, then a reporter will swing a racket, then it's weather.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
There is no way Murray is going to lose this title. All signs have been pointing to him lifting the trophy again.

This is such a disgustingly evil level of jinx there is no possible way he can win now.

inm8num2

Wanted Fed to go through but Milos played great.

MILOSSSSSSSSSS

aFFKmMr.gif

Congrats to Raonic - I'd love to see him against Murray.

#18 slips further away from Fed, but perhaps not yet out of reach.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
He's had Fed's number this year. Bit crushed right now, to be honest, especially when this was by far his best chance to snag another one. 18 never it seems.

inm8num2

Wimbledon 2012 will end up being Fed's last slam. Time to accept it.

I refuse.

In all honesty I'm impressed at how consistent Fed has been in reaching the late stages of the majors. Still top 3 in the world. The guy wants #18 so badly and he's been close a few times, but he can't get over the hump or another player simply bests him like Raonic did today.

After those consecutive double faults late in the 4th the momentum swung to Raonic, and grinding out another five-setter wasn't really in the cards. Still, I'm happy for both players.

The quest for the elusive #18 continues...

Wimbledon will probably be the top Canadian sports story this weekend. There's no hockey and CFL isn't that big. Toronto might have Blue Jays news.

I'm disappointed Federer couldn't get 18, but it shows you how hard it is to win 1 GS, let alone 17. As long as he keeps playing and enjoying himself I'll enjoy watching him play, even if he doesn't win as much as he used to. I mean, he'll still give us matches like the 2015 SF against Murray and the comeback against Cilic. Not bad for an old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom