• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyzjohn

Banned
He's had Fed's number this year. Bit crushed right now, to be honest, especially when this was by far his best chance to snag another one. 18 never it seems.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Federer will never win another major at this point. This might have been his best shot with Djokovic out already.

Long game, but a crucial hold for Murray. Berdych really needed to break there and made Murray work extremely hard.

3-3 in the 2nd.

[EDIT - A weak dropshot into the net by Berdych on break point gives the Scot the advantage. 3-4 and a break up in the 2nd.]

Murray seems to have taken to yelling 'Let's go!'. Makes him sound a bit like a midnineties Sega game.

I think the "Let's Go" is actually Murray's most effective on court muttering. Tends to use it after he wins an important point whereas he goes to the "YES" when he gets out of a spot of bother.

sam777

I think the "Let's Go" is actually Murray's most effective on court muttering. Tends to use it after he wins an important point whereas he goes to the "YES" when he gets out of a spot of bother.

It is basically the English equivalent of Vamos, which is used a lot by Spanish players in all forms of sport. But saying it in English doesn't sound as good lol.

Is Federer the highest ranked 34 year old in history or did someone else do it first?

I think Agassi might have got higher. I know he's the oldest ever No. 1 and he hung around the top 5 for a bit after that. Also need to check Connors. Rosewall was #2 when he was 40 (born Nov 1934, #2 in April 1975).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is Federer the highest ranked 34 year old in history or did someone else do it first?

Oldest world number one in the men's game was Agassi at 33 and a half, until the 2003 US Open. There have been several 34+ second ranked players.

sam777

Andy Murray is never going to have a better chance at winning his 3rd slam but I wouldn't rule Raonic out as he is playing some good stuff this grass season.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Andy Murray is never going to have a better chance at winning his 3rd slam but I wouldn't rule Raonic out as he is playing some good stuff this grass season.

Played a good match against Murray at the AO too. Think he hurt his foot or something late in the match if I remember correctly.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
raonic has a pathetic record in finals above 250. never won against a quality opponent in a big final (counting 500s as big for raonic). the only one he won was against pospisil, losing the other nine.

Milchmann

Serena should win in 2 sets. If the match goes to a third set, either Serena doesn't play well or Angie plays extremely well and I would believe in Angie to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom