• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The cheap S-IPS 27" 2560 x 1440 Korean monitor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBig

These are 8-bit RGB panels, but do not have the capacity for hardware calibration. Being IPS they have good color precision, but are typically made inaccurate due to the lack of said calibration, which companies like dell would perform at the factory and provide the ability to re-correct the colors yourself over time. That is what you pay more for in a professional context. If you're doing amateur work or color accuracy is not important, these are a great deal. Look up reviews on the Apple cinema display for more details about this panel's performance.

Trouble

Banned
Nice, as long as your video card has two DVi-D outputs you should be ok..my qnix 2700 did not support hdmi so my second one was an ad-board type that can go through the hdmi (even though it has to be converted with a DVI adapter it still works where it wouldnt on my non- adboard qnix.) I just plug my qnix into the DVI-D slot and the achieva shimian into the hdmi.

It does (GTX 970). I'll be using the DP ports for my macbook which can drive 2 external monitors. One of the monitors will have VGA hooked up to a kvm box I use for my Linux servers when I need console access.

Pretty much the exact setup I have now, except I have two different brand and resolution monitors. One 20" 1680x1050 and one 21.5" 1920x1080.

I'm excited, got the shipping notification this morning. Bought a 2 monitor desk mount stand to free up desk space as well.

2AdEPT

It does (GTX 970). I'll be using the DP ports for my macbook which can drive 2 external monitors. One of the monitors will have VGA hooked up to a kvm box I use for my Linux servers when I need console access.

Pretty much the exact setup I have now, except I have two different brand and resolution monitors. One 20" 1680x1050 and one 21.5" 1920x1080.

I'm excited, got the shipping notification this morning. Bought a 2 monitor desk mount stand to free up desk space as well.

I think you will be inpressed with the difference.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Are there retina iMac display "rejects" yet?

Trouble

Banned
I think you will be inpressed with the difference.

Guess I should post an update. New monitors are great. Only minor annoyance is switching inputs is painfully slow.

As a bonus I upgrade my PS3 with my old 500GB PS4 HDD after upgrading that and now the PS3 is plugged into the HDMI port of one of the monitors. As if I needed access to expand my backlog even more. :p

Cru

I was able to overclock my monitor to 120 fine but after upgrading my graphics card I get flickering lines at the top of my screen. Anyone have some suggestions on a fix?

2AdEPT

Guess I should post an update. New monitors are great. Only minor annoyance is switching inputs is painfully slow.

As a bonus I upgrade my PS3 with my old 500GB PS4 HDD after upgrading that and now the PS3 is plugged into the HDMI port of one of the monitors. As if I needed access to expand my backlog even more. :p

Cool! Yeah the switchign is slow...I have two different 2560snow but I also have a third screen which I incororpate into a large mess of wires etc. ...I use a dual korean set up for the PC but send the action screen to my 50 inch plasma TV and bought an HDMI splitter so that all my consoles and the pC can use the 50 inch screen when I want to via remote control. THe remote control switcher cost almost $100 but it is worth it to me not to ahve to fiddle with inputs and wires...the only problem is that it REALLY slows down the inputs now even worse than before....still faster than fooling with wires though so I am happy.

Zatoth

Crossover 2795 is on sale for $270. Supposed to be non PWM and overclockable to 111-120.

I'm really thinking about this one.

Ordered that one last week. Arrived yesterday. Really happy with. Such a jump from my old 24 1080p TN panel. Found no dead pixels. Tried some OC. 120 makes problems. But 110 seems fine. Running it now at 96.

1440p IPS feels like a totally different world.

Irobot82

Ordered that one last week. Arrived yesterday. Really happy with. Such a jump from my old 24 1080p TN panel. Found no dead pixels. Tried some OC. 120 makes problems. But 110 seems fine. Running it now at 96.

1440p IPS feels like a totally different world.

Agreed, I had a real shitty 24" 1080p cheap Acer model. This monitor is amazing. I'll overclock it to 96 soon. No dead pixels, arrived in three days. For $270 there is nothing better.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
No rejected 5k Mac screens yet, huh?

Zatoth

Agreed, I had a real shitty 24" 1080p cheap Acer model. This monitor is amazing. I'll overclock it to 96 soon. No dead pixels, arrived in three days. For $270 there is nothing better.

With shipping an custom fees I paid little more than 300. Getting a Vesa desk mount for it. Stand itself is not too bad. But I am missing the height adjustment.

Irobot82

With shipping an custom fees I paid little more than 300. Getting a Vesa desk mount for it. Stand itself is not too bad. But I am missing the height adjustment.

I'm debating on a monoprice stand. right now I've just pushed the monitor up against my case so it's stable. But my goal is to get my case off my desk so I can have more room anyhow.

beat

I'm debating on a monoprice stand. right now I've just pushed the monitor up against my case so it's stable. But my goal is to get my case off my desk so I can have more room anyhow.

A Humanscale M8 arm goes for about $125 on Ebay right now... I got one a while back and I love it a lot, even though I don't adjust my monitor's position very often.

Actually, yeah, maybe a Monoprice arm would have saved me a few bucks and I wouldn't have lost too much out of it.

Matty8787

Guys so glad I found this thread as I need help.

I am torn between two monitors...

Crossover 2795QHD

OR

Qnix qx2710 evo II

Any ideas?

Bboy AJ

Where are the cheap 5k retina imac displays already

Zatoth

Guys so glad I found this thread as I need help.

I am torn between two monitors...

Crossover 2795QHD

OR

Qnix qx2710 evo II

Any ideas?

Can't comment on the Qnix. But I am using a Crossover @ 96Hz since August and still loving it.

The Qnix may use PWM. Crossover should be PWM free. Unless something changed since I bought mine.

Matty8787

Can't comment on the Qnix. But I am using a Crossover @ 96Hz since August and still loving it.

The Qnix may use PWM. Crossover should be PWM free. Unless something changed since I bought mine.

Excellent, sounds like Crossover is the way to go then!

Cheers.

Irobot82

I also have that Crossover running at 96fps. I tried for 110 using the timing from the other forum but I found my greys were turning into green flickers. So I put it back down. the monitor is amazing. I do have a little backlight bleed but I am slowly working it out with the paper trick.

So I'm thinking of getting one of these monitors. Any recommended models in the $250 range? Looks like I missed out on the Crossover 2795 deal.

Also, on Crossover's website they state that their monitors don't work with Apple computers. Why is that? I mainly need a monitor for office/school stuff and some PS4 usage.

Any advice/guidance is appreciated.

Edit:
http://www.2560x1440monitor.com

This website isn't loading for me. All I see is a Blue Host banner.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
So I'm thinking of getting one of these monitors. Any recommended models in the $250 range? Looks like I missed out on the Crossover 2795 deal.

Also, on Crossover's website they state that their monitors don't work with Apple computers. Why is that? I mainly need a monitor for office/school stuff and some PS4 usage.

Any advice/guidance is appreciated.

Edit:
http://www.2560x1440monitor.com

This website isn't loading for me. All I see is a Blue Host banner.
I believe the Mac issue is because of DVI. I think Macs support Dual Link. However, there are models with HDMI and DisplayPorts that should work.

The blog in the first post should be a good way to identify which model to go for.

http://www.swiftworld.net/2012/04/1...omparison-of-the-different-brands-and-models/

The best place to buy these monitors seems to be ebay, for better or worse.

Unstable

I've heard awesome things about Korean monitors, but seemingly an equal amount of issues and complaints as well. It never seemed worth the risk.

Then I saw the thread get bumped last night, that inspired me to do some research into the Korean monitor world. 12 hours later I have a Crossover 2795 QHD arriving on Friday. Super excited.

Irobot82

I've heard awesome things about Korean monitors, but seemingly an equal amount of issues and complaints as well. It never seemed worth the risk.

Then I saw the thread get bumped last night, that inspired me to do some research into the Korean monitor world. 12 hours later I have a Crossover 2795 QHD arriving on Friday. Super excited.

It's like this for $270ish you can get a 1440p IPS LG panel that can OC to 96 without issues at all.

What you get for $270. Some backlight bleed issues, Dual Link DVI only and software only color correction.

If you don't want any of those issues, go buy a $600 monitor.

These are 3 monitors I am considering. The first one isn't Korean of course, but it's probably the cheapest option. I was hoping to keep the price under US$150, but including import taxes, they might all end up closer to $200. Maybe I should just keep my Xmas money and see if I get employed next month.

Asus VN248H-P
Yamaha 2314 [PLS]
Achieva Shimian FH230

I ordered the CrossOver 2795QHD (1440p IPS overclockable) last week. Will be here tomorrow.

Good thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1555354/...licker-free-overclock-able-matte-1440p-ah-ips

Everyone has been able to run stable at 96hz, some have been able to OC to 110Hz.

Lots of great reviews. I was wanting a 27" 1440p IPS monitor. I think being able to OC is a good compromise between getting an IPS vs getting a 144Hz monitor at an affordable price.

Will update when I get it all setup. Coming from an old 21.5" Samsung POS. Should be good.

I know no-one's been here in a while but hey.

I'm really tempted by this monitor (Perfect Pixel Qnix QHD2730R), but I would really like something without PWM. Does anyone know whether Qnix have any monitors that don't use it?

Would something like a Crossover 2795qhd be better in terms of screen quality/overclocking/color reproduction? It would be mainly used for gaming, work and some light photo editing.

Any feedback from those who own one of the two?

Bboy AJ

Hey, where are my 5k rejects already? It's been a year. How long did it take for these 1440p b grades to come out?

BasicMath

Thread is kinda dead so I'll probably also ask in the PC building general as well but...

I got a Qnix 1440p 27 inch for $200. Upon arriving I checked the thing and it had absolutely no dead/stuck pixels but the top left corner is darker than the rest of the monitor.
jp2Y3sG.png

Talked to the seller and he's offered a partial refund. I declined and after that he offered to increase it even more. Pretty much half off. So at that price I'm perfectly fine with the thing as is. Problem is: Does this type of issue get worse or is it just a shipping screw up?

Oh, and I'm not overclocking or anything really intensive/critical.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thread is kinda dead so I'll probably also ask in the PC building general as well but...

I got a Qnix 1440p 27 inch for $200. Upon arriving I checked the thing and it had absolutely no dead/stuck pixels but the top left corner is darker than the rest of the monitor.

Talked to the seller and he's offered a partial refund. I declined and after that he offered to increase it even more. Pretty much half off. So at that price I'm perfectly fine with the thing as is. Problem is: Does this type of issue get worse or is it just a shipping screw up?

Panel backlight issue TMK, that's pretttttttty bad.

Irobot82

try sticking some folded small piece of paper between the bezel and the screen. Jam it up in there. It'll help some. Welcome to the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom