• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Meal made a map of supposedly the most hated thing to eat in every state

Media

As a native New Mexican, can confirm. Chicken nuggets are like the only food that doesn't taste better with green Chile.

Honestly the real story here is that there's a dating app named hater that matches people on what they hate

It's like the most perfect app ever

This guy could probably use it:

aUIN8mj.jpg

Hermii

How the fuck is coke hated in Hawaii?

Coke tastes best in a tropical climate, besides it mixes great with for example rum which people consumes a lot of when they are on holiday.

Alaska Im with you on Voss. Its just normal water but a lot more expensive.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Mayo with fries is good af. All the fancy folk in the U.K. know what's up.

Well done steak is a mistake.

Agreed. Mayonnaise is versatile and works in a lot of things, especially with fried foods/French fries. Mix it with ketchup and Chipotle for maximum 'splosion.

I love trying new flavors and combinations. I'm not about keeping things "traditional" or stuck in the same place. Now that's boring as fuck to me. I already know what things work well together so why not try to discover new things? The aversion people have to mixing some foods is bonkers.

scamander

Banned
All you licorice haters have probably never eaten real licorice. Except for oti, but oti is also craving for Resse's peanut butter cups. So his opinion shouldn't really count, anyway.

What should be on top in every state is mashed potatoes. Those are disgusting.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
All you licorice haters have probably never eaten real licorice. Except for oti, but oti is also craving for Resse's peanut butter cups. So his opinion shouldn't really count, anyway.

Fuckin' 'cuse me?

scamander

Banned
Yea, it's called seasoning and most foods, including French fries, also suck without any of it.

The difference is, that GOOD French Fries are fantastic and more than only tolerable, even without salt. And you need just a small amount of it. With mashed potatoes I have to use tons of salt to not have to gag on them.

oti

Banned

You don't like Resse's peanut butter cups?
You're a monster.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
The difference is, that GOOD French Fries are fantastic and more than only tolerable, even without salt. And you need just a small amount of it. With mashed potatoes I have to use tons of salt to not have to gag on them.

I don't see why that's an indictment on the product. A lot of amazing foods taste great because of their seasoning, where otherwise they may taste absolutely dreadful without any.

I think your argument is really silly. You're basically saying something doesn't taste good without seasoning. Yea, well, no shit.

Camwi

Wisconsinite here, and yes, fuck Lunchables.

Also fuck Illinois for hating on string cheese. That shit is delicious AND fun, you fucks.

scamander

Banned
You don't like Resse's peanut butter cups?
You're a monster.

I love peanut butter and good chocolate. ;)

I don't see why that's an indictment on the product. A lot of amazing foods taste great because of their seasoning, where otherwise they may taste absolutely dreadful without any.

Yeah and mashed potatoes is the one thing that can't be saved; no matter what you do it will never be more than just tolerable.

I think your argument is really silly. You're basically saying something doesn't taste good without seasoning. Yea, well, no shit.

No, I'm saying even WITH seasoning it doesn't taste good. It tastes good enough to rather eat it than affront the person who made it and invited me into their home. I can't think of any other situation I would be eating it.

Well yes that's how you prepare food, you season it.

Yeah, but again, absolutely nothing can save mashed potatoes. I just hate the texture.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I love peanut butter and good chocolate. ;)

Yeah and mashed potatoes is the one thing that can't be saved; no matter what you do it will never be more than just tolerable.

No, I'm saying even WITH seasoning it doesn't taste good. It tastes good enough to rather eat it than affront the person who made it and invited me into their home. I can't think of any other situation I would be eating it.

Yeah, but again, absolutely nothing can save mashed potatoes. I just hate the texture.

Alright so you don't like mashed potatoes in any way. lol

You have to drown it in salt to make its taste tolerable. Otherwise it's the most bland food ever. Should be forbidden, really.

I get you but this is true for all starchy foods. Pasta, beans, rice and even bread are also very bland if you make them from scratch and don't season them with salt or toppings. Mashed potatoes are meant to have some butter (which contains salt) or gravy (which contains salt) or at the very least some pepper.

theofficefan99

Ignoring this BS map, I came here to say that ranch on pizza is Heaven. And also I've never tried fries with mayo but that probably isn't bad. Are you guys against Hawaiian pizza too?

TheMink

The corner piece of a brownie?...

How could that be the MOST hated. Like it's not the best part of the brownie but surely something else is more hated.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Ignoring this BS map, I came here to say that ranch on pizza is Heaven. And also I've never tried fries with mayo but that probably isn't bad. Are you guys against Hawaiian pizza too?

Hello fellow office person. You must be new here if you have to ask whether this forum is majority against Hawaiian pizza (the answer is yes, although I love it).

Camwi

Mayo is a delicious dipping sauce for fries, as is fry sauce (mayo mixed with ketchup).

I have never seen anyone here in CO actively avoid nor say anything about Flaming Hot Cheetos. That is oddly specific. I'd say people here hate more deep fried foods more than anything.

Iksenpets

Banned
Texas, Mississippi, Georgia, Massachusetts, and New York are now the most correct states. The wrongest states are too many to list.

Is this another one of those maps where the makers can pretty much make it say anything they want depending on how they interpret the data?

Sort of. I think it being the most hated food (relative to everywhere else) is the kicker here. If it was just most hated food without any qualifier every state would probably just say "anchovies" or something.

Top Bottom