• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Honestly, if they were going down that road might as well have just called it The Dark Knight Returns or something.

This title sounds like a chapter of a longer comic book arc.

Yeah, don't like that title. Was hoping it would be something completely different like Batman Begins/Dark Knight

Please please please bring back Ra's al Ghul!!!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Anticitizen One said:
Would have prefered "Shadow of the Bat"

:lol Seriously?

The Dark Knight Rises is fine. It's clunky but it works. Personally I would have liked a title with Gotham in it but that's just me.

Dyno

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Or Two Face not being dead.

That's what I want! Batman killing him with a blow off the building was the worst scene in the series.

I'm glad The Riddler isn't in it. That might be hard to pull off with grit. Maybe he could have been a serial killer type, like in Seven.

steadfast

Pretty much anything with "rises" or "rising" in the title pisses me the fuck off. It just screams half-assed, cheesy fantasy novel.

Dark Knight: Raspy Voice will still be awesome.

Guess I might as well hope for Hush, Deadshot, and/or Black Mask.

I'm praying that Catwoman isn't in this; I like Selina a lot, but I can't see her fitting into the """Nolanverse."""

Metal_Gear_Rising_Cover.jpg

:lol @ these suggestions for a better title

Mike M

Nick N
Eh, I wasn't a huge fan of Batman Begins as a title either, but over time I grew numb to it. I already don't dislike The Dark Knight Rises as much, so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Kinda surprised that there's no Riddler, however. Seems like that would be a pretty obvious choice, since by trying to keep the realism going they have to trim a lot of potential villains like Clayface and Mr. Freeze. Then again, they made R'as work well enough, so who knows.

Dark Knight Rises sound like a college made film costing $400, trying to draw in the hipster crowd with the title.

In all seriousness, the imagery doesn't work there. Rise? He didn't "fall", and there isn't anything upcoming about the character to suggest a revitalisation. I don't the title should be similar to its predecessor. Anything with the 'Dark Knight' would have been terrible by default. "Rising" is just :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
btkadams said:
i hate the fact the title has the dark knight in it again. it makes it seem as if the dark knight was the first movie in a series or something and this new one is the second movie.
Basically, yea.

Lame, but I won't care about this when the movie is released anyways.

aaaaaand wow, it didn't even take getting to page 2 for people to overanalyze the shit out of the title for a film they know almost nothing about.:lol :lol

Mike M said:
Eh, I wasn't a huge fan of Batman Begins as a title either, but over time I grew numb to it. I already don't dislike The Dark Knight Rises as much, so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

The problem is that it's repetitive. Batman Begins and TDK aren't bad titles, but they're basically just re-using the same title as the last film with one new word to make it different. That's bullshit.

badcrumble said:
Guess I might as well hope for Hush, Deadshot, and/or Black Mask.

I'm praying that Catwoman isn't in this; I like Selina a lot, but I can't see her fitting into the """Nolanverse."""
they probably want to distance themselves from the shitty halle berry movie too

Meus Renaissance said:
In all seriousness, the imagery doesn't work there. Rise? He didn't "fall", and there isn't anything upcoming about the character to suggest a revitalisation. I don't the title should be similar to its predecessor. Anything with the 'Dark Knight' would have been terrible by default. "Rising" is just :lol

uh, he kinda did.. did you see the end of the movie?

As far as the title is concerned, I would've preferred The Caped Crusader, but that probably sounds too cheesy to marketers. The Dark Knight Rises makes it sound like Batman 2.5, though.

Penguin

Meus Renaissance said:
Dark Knight Rises sound like a college made film costing $400, trying to draw in the hipster crowd with the title.

Did you like step out after he captured the Joker? :lol

Solo

The worst part of this title is how thinly vieled the attempt to cash in on TDK is. BB and TDK are sequels but they have distinctly different titles, like Batman 3 should have had. But TDK makes $500M, so WB decides Batman 3 needs to also have The Dark Knight in its title.

CajoleJuice said:
The third movie curse begins.

Indeed. I cannot wait for DM to endure his Spider-Man 3 :lol

Yen

brandonh83 said:
How absurdly creative!

Should have been "The Dark Knight II: Knight Harder"
Dark Knight with a Vengence
Live Free or Dark Knight
lol

Die Hard movies have the best titles.

What kind of title is that? The dark knight returns? How does that fit into

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Returns

That just fucks up the symmetry.

Two Face is obviously not dead;
public Harvey Dent's image is dead but not Two Face.. he is probably incarcerated at Arkham or some high security prison

Solo said:
The worst part of this title is how thinly vieled the attempt to cash in on TDK is. BB and TDK are sequels but they have distinctly different titles, like Batman 3 should have had. But TDK makes $500M, so WB decides Batman 3 needs to also have The Dark Knight in its title.

oh gawd, how AWFUL

wont somebody please think of the messageboards

Penguin

Solo said:

Indeed. I cannot wait for DM to endure his Spider-Man 3 :lol

I'm curious how would you have branded this movie?

I always assumed it made sense to kind of continue on with The Dark Knight in the title because it made a lot of money, and because I thought it would work thematically since he earned the title at the end of the last movie. (Let's go with that even if a little ham fisted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom