• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Fuck me. This looks terrific. I cannot wait. Bane is shaping up to be a hell of a villain. I am warming up to how Anne looks as Catwoman.

Didn't like the last part though..

It had nice music I guess. I continue to have reservations about Nolan's ability to make an action movie exciting though. This trailer did nothing to assuage that.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
It had nice music I guess. I continue to have reservations about Nolan's ability to make an action movie exciting though. This trailer did nothing to assuage that.

Laboured. You should know by now not to watch Nolan flicks for the action.
I know I never have. :lol

Good God.

Good fucking God.

Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit.

I believe in Selina Kyle

tumblr_lsi7lo1FT61qii6tmo1_500.gif

Holy shit. Amazing.

Nice to see such a slow burn trailer, but for some reason I'm just not particularly hyped for this.

If it's anything like what I'm sort of feeling, it might be that it feels like Dark Knight Syndrome, round 2: Batman seems like one of the least exciting things about this Batman movie.

Loving it until the first time Bane spoke. Then I had to rewind a few times to understand what he said. Then I began loving it again. Then Bane spoke again, in a really terrible and non-threatening manner, sounding exactly like a voice actor you'd hear for some shitty flash animation on Newgrounds. The rest of the trailer was then spoiled as I couldn't get over the fact that Nolan's solution to Bane being hard to understand is to make him sound like Darth Vader after having chewed a whole packet of Strepsils. I fear his voice will now make the film hilarious.

Loving it until the first time Bane spoke. Then I had to rewind a few times to understand what he said. Then I began loving it again. Then Bane spoke again, in a really terrible and non-threatening manner, sounding exactly like a voice actor you'd hear for some shitty flash animation on Newgrounds. The rest of the trailer was then spoiled as I couldn't get over the fact that Nolan's solution to Bane being hard to understand is to make him sound like Darth Vader after having chewed a whole packet of Strepsils. I fear his voice will now make the film hilarious.

I had no problems understanding his voice at all, he sounds great.

DMczaf

I get the feeling Nolan can put subtitles, have brail on the screen, and have someone perform sign language in every theater in the country and we will still get people going "LOL I CANT UNDERSTAND HIM! MUMBLE MUMBLE!"

My problem isn't that I don't understand him. My problem is that his voice still sounds terrible, albeit a lot clearer.

But hey, agree to disagree. I just think he could sound a hell of a lot more threatening, the delivery of his second line in the trailer just sounds like there's not a single shred of danger or terror in it.

Maximus.

Wow what an amazing trailer. CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS. Catwoman, fixed batman and bane voice, awesome all around!

The only thing that Dark Knight seems to have on Rises is villains. Not that Bane wont be awesome but come on....the combo of Joker and Two-Face is tits.

There is pretty much nothing that I'm worried about with this film, it looks incredible.

rekameohs

Banned
My problem isn't that I don't understand him. My problem is that his voice still sounds terrible, albeit a lot clearer.

But hey, agree to disagree. I just think he could sound a hell of a lot more threatening, the delivery of his second line in the trailer just sounds like there's not a single shred of danger or terror in it.

I like it because it's not the prototypical "Dark and evil villanny" voice. It's more robotic and awkward sounding, which makes Bane less human. It makes him more of a monster.

rick-james.png

I like it because it's not the prototypical "Dark and evil villanny" voice. It's more robotic and awkward sounding, which makes Bane less human. It makes him more of a monster.

I agree. I love Bane's voice. I understood it perfectly before and I understand perfectly now, and I like it.

Despera

Banned
Everything looks awesome.

Except for Catwoman. Don't want to pass conclusive judgement yet, but Hathaway seems miscast.

DMczaf

Everything looks awesome.

Except for Catwoman. Don't want to pass conclusive judgement yet, but Hathaway seems miscast.

I thought she stole the trailer. I'm also impressed that Hathaway did all the fight scenes in the trailer, including the jailhouse flip.

Oh man this scene, the way the trailer was cut, makes me think it's after Bane breaks Batman's cowl and he's trying to limp back home and Selina sees him/realizes what she's done. Would be awesome if true.

lpMt5.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hathaway surprised me, I really like her delivery in the trailer.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Still not feeling it :( Its just all over the place. Its good to see more of JGL's character though.

raphier

Banned
oh no they fixed Bane's voice way too much. It doesn't sound as intimidating as it sounded in prologue and previous trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom