• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersonaX

Ehh...it felt poorly put together, just all over the place.

compared to some TDK trailers, it was pretty bad, boring, didn't give me the "i need to watch this again and again and again!" feel.

still looking forward to the movie, though.

hamchan

Bane looks pretty damn stupid and seems non-threatening to me, unlike his comic counterpart.

Catwoman turned out better than I thought she would though.

I cant believe people are not as hyped...man, i watched that trailer about 10 times already. The unsettling mood it gives is fantastic. It tells you shit is about to get seriously bad, but without telling too much. If it did not have that cheesy line at the end, it would be a perfect trailer.

tumblr_m3bxyxQBXq1qizglzo1_500.gif

What does Nolan have against the dude from Suddenly Susan?

Shooshan.

Nice catch. Got him the second time, lol. Must be his luscious eyelashes.

I cant believe people are not as hyped...man, i watched that trailer about 10 times already. The unsettling mood it gives is fantastic. It tells you shit is about to get seriously bad, but without telling too much. If it did not have that cheesy line at the end, it would be a perfect trailer.

Same, it's incredible. Saying it's poorly made and bad is ridiculous, isn't it on Gaf that the hate for Nolan is strong?!

Tookay

Same, it's incredible. Saying it's poorly made and bad is ridiculous, isn't it on Gaf that the hate for Nolan is strong?!

I'd say there's a lot of love for Nolan honestly, though there are a few who I think find his films "boring and overrated" and others who think Nolan shoots and edits action poorly. Then there's sort of another two factions of people, those who are sort of fearing that "third movie" curse thinking it looks cheesy compared to TDK and those who have ridiculous expectations based off the last movie, both for the movie and its marketing. TDK's trailer is similarly cut and arguably the same quality. It's pretty much the perfect storm for criticism.

Isn't it on Gaf where you get called a hater for criticising something made my the archangel Nolan?

Say what you will, I've seen much Nolan hating on here, many seem to think he's overrated when he's not.

Btw, referring to the post above mine, I've never understood the complaint about Nolan's poor directing in action scenes, like the ones in TDK were great, easy to follow, definitely well done, I guess I'd like to see those guys directing what they think is good action.

Say what you will, I've seen much Nolan hating on here, many seem to think he's overrated when he's not.

Some members on Gaf tend to over do criticism because others on Gaf tend to heap undo praise on things. When you step back and just watch it unfold, it is quite hilarious. This applies to Nolan and almost everything else.

SaintZ

Maybe it's because I'm drunk but I thought this was awesome!!!!

I had my doubts about Anne but I think she looks so fucking fierce (and omg, her hair is so pretty).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I literally said out loud WAT at the final shot. What is this. At least the TDKR trailer tradition of not doing anything for me carries on. I have very little idea of what this movie is about, I guess that's sort of a good thing, at least it confirms that catwimmenz at batmayne are allies.
Yeah..... I had the same reaction. What it is this, iron man?

You know what would make this trailer better? If 'Kiss From a Rose' was playing in the background. It's too bad Nolan doesn't like Slow Jamz.

Didn't really enjoy the trailer all that much and i'm still not liking the batwing at all. Doesn't stop me from being hyped though.

Isn't it on Gaf where you get called a hater for criticising something made my the archangel Nolan?

No not really. In fact i have seen people post this exact thing many many times but i've never actually seen what you describe happen.

JB1981

Ok!!!!!!!

I'm fuckin ready !!!

Wait GAF didn't like this trailer or the awesome line at the end? Ok fuck off back to bed

I really liked the trailer, more of a slow-burn type of deal in an age where trailers tend to be set to a Two Steps from Hell song.

The only thing:
tumblr_m3bw30qTVp1qd4wkzo2_500.gif

What the hell is the goon with the rifle doing running towards Batman?

Dabanton

Ok!!!!!!!

I'm fuckin ready !!!

Wait GAF didn't like this trailer or the awesome line at the end? Ok fuck off back to bed

Some people will always find something to fret over. I love that we still have absolutely no idea how things play out and what order in that trailer.

Which is the right way to do things.

I really liked the trailer, more of a slow-burn type of deal in an age where trailers tend to be set to a Two Steps from Hell song.

The only thing:
tumblr_m3bw30qTVp1qd4wkzo2_500.gif

What the hell is the goon with the rifle doing running towards Batman?

It's never a good idea to analyse Batman fights scenes. I'm pretty sure I saw Bane pull his big roundhouse punch so it didn't connect as well.

overcast

Bane looks pretty damn stupid and seems non-threatening to me, unlike his comic counterpart.

Catwoman turned out better than I thought she would though.
I don't understand how he appears "non-threatening". It's pretty plain to me that he destroys Batman/Bruce in this movie.

While I applaud them for keeping the main plot a secret even in the trailer, I'm a bit peeved that it gives me no reason to be excited about the movie. It kind of seems all over the place, with no particular mood or themes being expressed. It's a montage of scenes showing characters we're familiar with doing and saying random unconnected stuff.

Daft_Cat

Fans: As awesome as Nolan is, sometimes his dedication to realism takes away from the fun of it all!

*Nolan adds VTOL Bat Plane*

Fans: Wait, what? Get that fantasy shit out of my TDKR.

shira

Fans: As awesome as Nolan is, sometimes his dedication to realism takes away from the fun of it all!

*Nolan adds VTOL Bat Plane*

Fans: Wait, what? Get that fantasy shit out of my TDKR.
Wouldn't the gforce rip them apart if they did that quick barrels roll?

Daft_Cat

Wouldn't the gforce rip them apart if they did that quick barrels roll?

Haha, I don't think so. The thing about that plane is it's perfectly plausible, especially for a billionaire playboy who owns a multi-billion dollar tech corp with military contracts. It's pretty much just a VTOL-style aircraft, spruced up to look like a variation on the Tumbler design.

Also, did I mention how much I love the shots of Bruce climbing out of a giant well? All you guys looking for circular ties back to Begins, there you go. Seems like incredible symbolism to me. I also get chills when Blake asks if they've killed him and Selina says shes not sure. I remember The Dark Knight had this incredible sense of dread, and it seems like it carries over to this new film.

Wow is it just me or does Bane sound HORRIBLE? Over-mixed and feels like it comes from a completely different audio track. It's like they over-responded to the complaints he was too hard to hear and made him so clear it doesn't even sound like he is coming from the same audio track as the rest of the dialouge.

It now sounds like a bad dub from a Godzilla movie.

I think it's possible they isolated his audio track for this trailer. No background noise, just to make sure people shut the fuck up about it. In the movie, I expect the final mix will be different. All they've really done to Bane is dial back the modulation a bit.

Cheebo

Banned
Wow is it just me or does Bane sound HORRIBLE? Over-mixed and feels like it comes from a completely different audio track. It's like they over-responded to the complaints he was too hard to hear and made him so clear it doesn't even sound like he is coming from the same audio track as the rest of the dialouge.

Cardon

Thought the same thing as well upon first watching the trailer. I didn't mind how Bane sounded originally in the December preview segment, but now he sounds too damn crisp and as you said it sounds like he's on a different audio track. I'm hoping this is just something they addressed for the sake of the trailer and that the final film has a more even track for Bane.

Cheebo

Banned
Thought the same thing as well upon first watching the trailer. I didn't mind how Bane sounded originally in the December preview segment, but now he sounds too damn crisp and as you said it sounds like he's on a different audio track. I'm hoping this is just something they addressed for the sake of the trailer and that the final film has a more even track for Bane.

Yeah it didn't bother me at all in the opening scene/earlier traileirs, if this is how it sounds in the movie and whiney people on the internet end up ruining Bane...ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom