• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark, Sad Life of Boogie2988 | Official Documentary

Trilobit

She comes off as having some mental issues, herself. I really hope she knows what she is getting into. I know, more-or-less, Boogie does.
He's fucking 49, and she is like 20? That's a mighty age gap. She's still in diapers, imho.

I’m still in my 30s and the idea of dating a 20 year old is just…I don’t want to say disgusting but…I dated a girl 4 years older than me then dated a girl 3 years younger than me, and let me tell you, the older girl knew what to do with my dick

Honestly, I think it's creepy when people infantalize 20 year old women, like they have no personal agency and should practically be treated like they are retarded. Very creepy thought process.

Personally I'm in my 30s also, but don't bother with that young women, not because I think they are stupid, but because the life experience difference is too big. I don't have the same interest in partying anymore for example.

Also, if a man can't be with women who are only a few years younger and prefers only older women, it makes me think they might have some mommy issues and are looking for someone who wants to take care of them and not for a life partner.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Honestly, I think it's creepy when people infantalize 20 year old women, like they have no personal agency and should practically be treated like they are retarded. Very creepy thought process.

Personally I'm in my 30s also, but don't bother with that young women, not because I think they are stupid, but because the life experience difference is too big. I don't have the same interest in partying anymore for example.

Also, if a man can't be with women who are only a few years younger and prefers only older women, it makes me think they might have some mommy issues and are looking for someone who wants to take care of them and not for a life partner.

I don't know if this is attacking me, or what, but what the fuck? I'll bite!

First off, I'm sick of younger broads. Most of the time, they don't know what they want, and yes, I would rather date a fucking WOMAN, even a mother, especially if the kid looks well groomed, he's put first and Mom knows how to dole out her time. Right now, I prefer older women, because the younger mindset is, for the majority part, a God damned turn-off.

Going back to MY post, if you saw the video with her in it and you think she's 100% upstairs, then that's on you. On the subject of 20 year olds being stupid, well.. normally I would agree that that is generalizing, but, here we are in 2023. We have a special subset.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

This is probably a better way to describe it than I did.

It’s not that I want someone to take care of me, it’s that I don’t want to take care of someone else. If I disappeared tomorrow, I want to know my kids have another parent who’s completely capable of taking care of them and earning six figures and handling everything. That’s not a 20 year old, but it is my wife.

Boozeroony

It is not only her age. It's her behaviour that makes her look younger than 20. She adores him and seems way too dependable. Add in the age difference and we have a creepy situation.

Sure, It is nothing illegal and I hope they are happy.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Really well done documentary for YouTube. It feels like it was originally designed for Netflix or the like but nobody wanted to touch it so they ended releasing it for free.

Harrowing stuff, with couple of great plot twists like horny 20y gf and shroom turnaround. It could have used some 30min more for context and follow up.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I commented on this earlier but earlier, but I must expand on it now after I let some time to think about it. The kind of person he's been, and in general the sympathy he has tried to garner while acting the way he has, has been terrible.

It's hard to feel any sliver of pity, even his behavior throughout the years. Narcissistic behavior and other stuff just tower over any kind of sympathy you would have with childhood trauma. And let me tell you how many people have had some degree of childhood trauma to whatever degree you want to say, this guy is absolutely no more special or deserving of anything then people that legitimately deserve your compassion .

Just reminds me of why I only watched him in the peripheral and how I went out of my way just to block his content a long long long long time ago. It was so annoying that when I put my YouTube account on my LG CX when I got it years ago, his channel was still coming up under my subscriptions when I never was subscribed and double checked to make sure he was removed from my subscriptions. I just didn't even want to look at his face. It was that annoying.

And when you put a hell of a lot of contacts and good information like this documentary, it just makes you dislike the guy more. The only thing I could tell you that it would be good is that he was pretty brave to unapologetically put himself out there in a way that I think most people wouldn't want to do. But at this rate you know he just wants to get attention and wants the views which is why he probably has a little bit higher viewer count right now and it really is just about that anyway.

A fat overweight guy with nothing of value to provide anybody, just wants to make more YouTube videos because he had a lucky stent to even get where he was and he messed out that up. He banged his arkansas eights and Hollywood 10s. The least deserving guy ever to even have that kind of luxury.

And it's sad and it reminds me of the state of with the way people are in this country. I have a co-worker who behaves very similarly. Still lives with his parents and has a lot of the same tendencies. Of course I'm not going to call him out on it as it really is none of my business. But I spend time with some of these people and they have a lot of the same tendencies. I think he doesn't really like Boogie, but when we were talking about it the other day I think it almost made him uncomfortable because I think he sees a lot of himself in boogie.

It really makes me concerned about the modern youth. Thinking they can just get in front of a phone or camera and the hard work is just going to be sitting in front of a camera. Forget you know the things like building houses and maintaining the roads, the real hard work isn't acting like an idiot in front of a camera or being just attractive and taking pictures of yourself since that is clearly a skill.

And when you put a hell of a lot of contacts and good information like this documentary, it just makes you dislike the guy more. The only thing I could tell you that it would be good is that he was pretty brave to unapologetically put himself out there in a way that I think most people wouldn't want to do. But at this rate you know he just wants to get attention and wants the views which is why he probably has a little bit higher viewer count right now and it really is just about that anyway.
His shtick has always been to play the victim and emotion manipulate people to give him money. He knows there will be people calling him out but he will spin it to further paint himself as a victim because there will be people who fall for it. It's sort of like those nigerian prince scams, where the scams isn't fishing for the majority but those that are highly gullible and vulnerable.

That's how he met his 20yr gf, who grew up watching his videos and reached out to him on IG because she felt a connection between his stories and her troubled upbringing. Someone like her presents herself to Boogie and you know he is gonna pounce on that like "fresh meat".

Futaleufu

A fat overweight guy with nothing of value to provide anybody, just wants to make more YouTube videos because he had a lucky stent to even get where he was and he messed out that up. He banged his arkansas eights and Hollywood 10s. The least deserving guy ever to even have that kind of luxury.
He goes to a job interview and does everything he can to sabotage it, like that guy from Trainspotting. If he doesnt give a shit, why should we?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
He goes to a job interview and does everything he can to sabotage it, like that guy from Trainspotting. If he doesnt give a shit, why should we?
The job interview conversation was for the benefit of the camera, not a serious attempt at seeking employment.

lmimmfn

Spud from trainspotting, lol, I'll never forget that scene along with visiting his gf's family lol, brilliant and I only ever saw the movie twice - too depressing.

Which brings me to Boogie, I used to sub to his channel until just after he got married and you could see that train crash down the line, his channel became absolutely depressing.

I watch YouTube for fun not to see some someone's meltdown, same with Jimbo Sterling, ffs what a mess it is.

Can't watch that Boogie doc for the same reason, too much negativity.

I don't think I've ever watched any of Boogie's videos before outside of clips on other people's videos. only knew about him through memes and all the stories from different parts of the internet. decided to watch this and while I have mix feelings about the man, I will say that it's a well made documentary.

Boogie seems to need some sort of intervention/psychiatric counseling/rehab/accouting consultant, or preferably all of the above. and as some posters had said, maybe him losting his home would actually be good for him and finally make him actually make some good changes and stick with them.

all I have for him is pity. the kind that you get when you see a deranged homeless person on the street. but then again, he still at the moment owns his house and has a girlfriend, which me as someone who's only a few years younger than him do not, so who am I to judge. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Error 37 for me and that early Boogie/ Francis stuff buys some forgiveness from me. He played big with his cash ans he isn't the only one to do so. And lost. I home he continues with the shooms and finds peace and success. That won't come without personally change. Viewers will see if it dosent

Last edited:

Humdinger

The documentary plays up the covert narcissist angle, but when I look at him, the first thing that occurs to me is borderline personality -- the emotional outbursts, the rage, the lack of insight, the unstable self-esteem/image (swinging from "I'm the best" to "I'm a complete fuckup"), the chaotic interpersonal relationships, the addictions, the impulsivity, the lack of insight, the threats to kill himself, the manipulativeness.... I used to evaluate this stuff for a living, and although I'm not making a diagnosis, there is more than just "covert narcissism" going on here. This has borderline written all over it.

Last edited:
Damn, I found Boogie when I was looking for early PS4 unboxing vids on YouTube lol, I followed him for a good few years after that, used to find his Francis videos funny. Stopped watching his vids and unsubbed around when he got new teeth/weight loss surgery/divorced. Not going to watch the documentary.

lifa-cobex

It is not only her age. It's her behaviour that makes her look younger than 20. She adores him and seems way too dependable. Add in the age difference and we have a creepy situation.

Sure, It is nothing illegal and I hope they are happy.
What struck me was the fact that his weight will probably kill him.
Inviting someone so young into your life when your in that condition is really selfish.
"Please waste you prime years looking after me as I waste away in an amorphous blob."

I've known couples with huge age gaps. (Not the age distance between these two). But the couples I've known are generally on the same wave length of life style. Defiantly issues down the road but works in this moment in time.

As others have said. 20 year old's are still mentally cooking. Very little real world experience but also at physical peak.
I highly doubt Boogie takes her out dancing, hiking or anything to really enjoy her youth.
You can play games or magic cards at any real age.

I get wanting to fuck someone in their prime. It's basic attractiveness, Primal instinct, whatever.
But to create a relationship out it is fucked.
The whole part about him saying that he deserves high class hookers pissed me off.
Boogies 50. Hasn't taken care of himself mentally, physically or finically and he's inviting someone to be in that partnership who hasn't even had the chance to develop yet.
On his part. It's pure fetishization whilst trying to hide it in guilt and hoping for public acceptance or pity.

It's rare for Youtube drama to get under my skin but this does.
You want to fuck your life up. Go for it. Guilt your fans into donations or make up excuses why you can't get a job. Do whatever.
Don't drag other people into your well of shame.

LordOfChaos

Boogie2988 went from a successful youtuber to dealing with bankruptcy and a failing channel that barely gets 17,000 views per video (down from 230,000 pre covid)

This is why I maintain that the speech from The Gambler is better financial education than probably more than 70% of people receive

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

He's so fat that even when he undresses the video is safe for work because of all those rolls of fat.... But when the whale blubber moves .... ugh ....

Tracee Ellis Ross Abc GIF by HULU

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

He's so fat that even when he undresses the video is safe for work because of all those rolls of fat.... But when the whale blubber moves .... ugh ....

Good god. It's like fat guys have no dick.

One thing I always wondered about big fat asses.... how do they wipe their fat folded ass after a dump? It seems impossible to do cleanly. They must have the biggest skidmarks ever.

cormack12

Gold Member
Good god. It's like fat guys have no dick.

One thing I always wondered about big fat asses.... how do they wipe their fat folded ass after a dump? It seems impossible to do cleanly. They must have the biggest skidmarks ever.
I confess I have also wondered this. They can't get their arm far enough backwards. I like to think they quad fold the sheet and then put it between their legs and perform a sawing motion.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
When your kids tell you they want to be a professional YouTube star you can refer them to this—sans the grotesque imagery, I hope—and explain what the endgame is when your popularity wanes and you’re left with no skills or work ethic: a life utterly devoid of dignity, debasing yourself in the hope of a few errant clicks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When your kids tell you they want to be a professional YouTube star you can refer them to this—sans the grotesque imagery, I hope—and explain what the endgame is when your popularity wanes and you’re left with no skills or work ethic: a life utterly devoid of dignity, debasing yourself in the hope of a few errant clicks.
Thats the problem with people wanting to be easy peasy YT or Twitter stars. Easy to make a profile and hope you do some shit and it catches fire. For every popular social media person making enough money to make a living off it, there's probably 100 or 1000 accounts that make nothing worth mentioning. Or possibly $0.

That's not to say never dream the dream, but I know some people at work who do social media shit on the side and their sites are actually pretty big. I didn't even know they did this shit until early this year. But the key is they got a normal day job that probably pays them $100,000 + bonus. If the social media shit bombs she's got her day job as always.

At some point maybe if she gets bigger she'll quit her office job and go 100% social media influencer. But at least she's got good grounding between two kinds of jobs, she seems totally chill at both jobs, and doesn't need to act like a jackass on Instagram to get views because she's struggling to make a career out of it since she's got no other job.

j0hnnix

Gold Member

This guy is a dumbass. His money woes are him, his sexual assault issues are his and he pulls this shit. I can't feel sorry for him anymore.

near

Gold Member
Got around to watching this today, no idea why I even wanted to watch it considering I've never consumed this guy's content, curiosity more than anything. The documentary is really good for what's its worth, it should scare the absolute shit out of all these content creators who've decided to make it their life goal to entertain on YouTube with no exit strategy. He has no excuse for he's current circumstances, and it's really hard to sympathize, despite how sad and depressing the doc is. Are we even sure that he's girlfriend is 20? Suspicious behaviour there in my opinion.

Top Bottom