• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Tower Movie officially announced (Idris Elba, Matthew McConaughey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really surprised when we didn't get a trailer on the 19th. They've released something on the 19th of the month every month this year.

New pic of Roland and Jake.

YtwbvCY.jpg

Comments on the reddit thread are indicating a trailer next week.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
New pic of Roland and Jake.

YtwbvCY.jpg

Comments on the reddit thread are indicating a trailer next week.

Damn that shot is legit.

Haven't followed this much but consider me interested. King works usually translate better than most to screen so hopefully they make something special.

I hope they undo Kings hatchet job on the Man in Black though.

gforguava

I'm still pissed at just how much he doesn't look like a cowboy, between the color scheme and the lack of a hat he barely looks out of place.

I'm still pissed at how just how much doesn't look like a cowboy, between the color scheme and the lack of a hat he barely looks out of place.

yeah. it's wack that he doesn't have a hat or a more traditional duster tbh. I like Elba but I'm not feeling this Roland at all, hopefully he sells it better in the trailer.

Man in Black looks dope tho.

.JayZii

Banned
Idris Elba is the coolest mother fucker around.
Quite likely.
I'm on board with this decision.

I'm still pissed at how just how much doesn't look like a cowboy, between the color scheme and the lack of a hat he barely looks out of place.
Eh. His costume looks pretty much like how Roland has been depicted since the beginning except for the hat. "Cowboy" is one of those looks that mostly relies on the hat unless you're wearing chaps or are dressing like a cartoon character.

gforguava

Eh. His costume looks pretty much like how Roland has been depicted since the beginning except for the hat. "Cowboy" is one of those looks that mostly relies on the hat unless you're wearing chaps or are dressing like a cartoon character.
But there is a big problem when your otherworldly character doesn't look otherworldly. Roland should look like the prototypical cowboy, weathered and worn but still overtly a cowboy. Put a modern handgun in movie Roland's hand and he looks he could fit in any post-Matrix action flick.

Give him a tan duster and some faded denim and we would have something but this black on gray on gray is nonsense.

I think people need to take into account the speed at which this movie was greenlit, cast, and started filming. March of last year was the announcement. Started filming in April. It was a super fast turnaround. If anything the initial release date was extremely ambitious.

FunkyMonk

How else would he get some astin.

Pfft, popkins are where it's at!

But there is a big problem when your otherworldly character doesn't look otherworldly. Roland should look like the prototypical cowboy, weathered and worn but still overtly a cowboy. Put a modern handgun in movie Roland's hand and he looks he could fit in any post-Matrix action flick.

Give him a tan duster and some faded denim and we would have something but this black on gray on gray is nonsense.

I think Idris was a cracking choice for Roland, he has the intensity the character requires but I have to agree r.e. the look. Rolands clothes were described as having been patched, stitched to unrecognisabality and sun baked so many times as to be faded beyond belief.

Still I'll give this film a fair shake, it's looking like the House on Dutch Hill makes an appearance in some form so I'm psyched about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom