• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Day Before... interested?

So, it would appear that The Day Before is actually releasing into early access on the 7th, so we are days away.

First off, there's no way they would wait till this close to the 7th and announce another delay... right?

That's not going to happen, surely.

That means we should have the game come next week so I'm interested in what everyone is thinking.

Have you given up on the game?

Were you never particularly interested to begin with?

Are you definitely going to check it out?

For those looking to jump in, what are you realistically expecting?

I think with all the hype and expectation it'll actually be fascinating to see what's on offer, how good (or bad) it is, what's the core gameplay loop, how does it run etc...

What say you, fellow Gaffers?

Personally, I'm intrigued to get a look at what they've been able to come up with - I just have this feeling it'll be a complete disaster.
Derivative, boring, buggy, could all describe what's awaiting players come the 7th.

I guess, we'll see soon enough.

It's still the most wish listed game on Steam (I believe) so there'll be a lot of media coverage next week, I'm sure.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member
laugh-laughing.gif

nikos

I'm definitely interested, even after all the drama. I want to see what it's about. Hopefully it turns out to be good, because it looks like it has potential, but expectations are in check.

clarky

Gold Member
So, it would appear that The Day Before is actually releasing into early access on the 7th, so we are days away.

First off, there's no way they would wait till this close to the 7th and announce another delay... right?

That's not going to happen, surely.

That means we should have the game come next week so I'm interested in what everyone is thinking.

Have you given up on the game?

Were you never particularly interested to begin with?

Are you definitely going to check it out?

For those looking to jump in, what are you realistically expecting?

I think with all the hype and expectation it'll actually be fascinating to see what's on offer, how good (or bad) it is, what's the core gameplay loop, how does it run etc...

What say you, fellow Gaffers?

Personally, I'm intrigued to get a look at what they've been able to come up with - I just have this feeling it'll be a complete disaster.
Derivative, boring, buggy, could all describe what's awaiting players come the 7th.

I guess, we'll see soon enough.

It's still the most wish listed game on Steam (I believe) so there'll be a lot of media coverage next week, I'm sure.

Didn't read your post but you've wasted enough time on this game already.

I'm definitely interested, even after all the drama. I want to see what it's about. Hopefully it turns out to be good, because it looks like it has potential, but expectations are in check.
This is it, isn't it, just what will they have to show?

I'm like you, I'm intrigued to see what's on offer.

I still have this feeling it'll be a mess, but they may yet surprise us.

Didn't read your post but you've wasted enough time on this game already.
I completely understand your skepticism and I am actually on your side.

I think they took so many liberties they have lost a lot of goodwill.

Still, I'm interested to see what everyone is thinking and whether the general consensus is the same.

I'd honestly love to see it turn out to be good after all of the backlash and criticism they have received. Guess we'll find out in a few days, hopefully.
There's no way they can announce another delay, I simply don't think they would recover from it..

The game has already lost a lot of support and interest, and the multiple delays and (apparent) excuses have caused a lot of people to just forget about it and/or ignore it.

I'd honestly love to see it turn out to be good after all of the backlash and criticism they have received. Guess we'll find out in a few days, hopefully.
Same. I never want to wish for a game to fail and I don’t think most developers want to intentionally create a bad game either.

Both the dev and the game have their backs against the wall though. It’s been bad news story after bad news story. They really need a home run plan to pull through.

Same. I never want to wish for a game to fail and I don’t think most developers want to intentionally create a bad game either.

Both the dev and the game have their backs against the wall though. It’s been bad news story after bad news story. They really need a home run plan to pull through.
Agreed.

I must admit, I hadn't given the game much thought for ages, but having realised it's only days away from the (supposed) early access release I am now very curious to see just what they have to offer.

I have this feeling it won't quite be the disaster some have predicted, and I also don't think it'll be some incredible turn around with them offering a really high quality product.

More than likely, it'll just be rather average.

clarky

Gold Member
Didn't the dev's say the only people that will have access are those that agreed to help and chip in on the "development" of the game? Maybe i dreamt that bit.

Didn't the dev's say the only people that will have access are those that agreed to help and chip in on the "development" of the game? Maybe i dreamt that bit.
I'm not sure you know, that does sound familiar to me too.

The Steam page just says add to wishlist (if you already haven't).

No price is up yet, but maybe it won't till the 7th?

clarky

Gold Member
I'm not sure you know, that does sound familiar to me too.

The Steam page just says add to wishlist (if you already haven't).

No price is up yet, but maybe it won't till the 7th?
It seems that was the "Beta" (if there was one).

Still calling beards on this one, either that or the early access will be completely fucked and not a game at all.

I had a poke around on their site and there's no where to actually sign up as a "volunteer"

It seems that was the "Beta" (if there was one).

Still calling beards on this one, either that or the early access will be completely fucked and not a game at all.

I had a poke around on their site and there's no where to actually sign up as a "volunteer"
Do you think the price for early access will just appear once it officially releases, rather than being there to purchase and pre-install ahead of time?

I'll believe it when I see it. If it's good then yea maybe I will enjoy it. If not, no skin off my nose. Got so much to play already!

I'll believe it when I see it. If it's good then yea maybe I will enjoy it. If not, no skin off my nose. Got so much to play already!
I get that, my backlog is pretty big too.

I was just thinking about all the hype, all the promises, the expectation, and that there is actually quite a lot of pressure on them to offer something coherent and engaging.

That's why I'm so intrigued - I want to see if they can actually pull it off or if it ends up being the biggest let down in all of gaming history.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
The game looked good to begin with, but it's been significantly downgraded since then, and the developers have proven not to be very trustworthy.

clarky

Gold Member
Do you think the price for early access will just appear once it officially releases, rather than being there to purchase and pre-install ahead of time?
I'll believe it when i see it. Personally i dont think this is a real game.

We'll find out soon enough i guess. I'm expecting an "unforeseen delay just before 'launch'.

The impending car crash will be fun to watch either way. I'd like to be proved wrong mind.

I'll believe it when i see it. Personally i dont think this is a real game.

We'll find out soon enough i guess. I'm expecting an "unforeseen delay just before 'launch'.

The impending car crash will be fun to watch either way. I'd like to be proved wrong mind.
I totally understand your skepticism, I think most people who have been following the game are convinced something will happen that will force another delay.

Yet, surely, they can't turn around two or three days out and say it has been delayed again?

That would be ridiculous, and I don't think they'd recover from it.

Gamezone

Gold Member
It didnt because the game never looked like that to begin with. It was all fake. Nothing was downgraded, except their constant lies towards the gullible public.

Ok, good point.

But we still know nothing about the game. Everything is based on the first video, and the game will probably look or play anothing like that. I expect the upcoming user reviews on Steam to bomb the game. Anything else will surprise me.

StueyDuck

there should be the day before bingo on how much is missing in the final game as well as all the bugs and technical issues expected at launch.

my guesses:

Tiny map,
very little content,
servers bust day one,
very buggy,
somehow hacking is a thing already,
accounts/saves getting deleted,

I think they're just trying to make initial sales as high as possible with hype (which is basically all they've done so far) so they can cash out and disappear. Everything they've done thus far has been shady.
That's kind of how I saw it from the start.

there should be the day before bingo on how much is missing in the final game as well as all the bugs and technical issues expected at launch.

my guesses:

Tiny map,
very little content,
servers bust day one,
very buggy,
somehow hacking is a thing already,
accounts/saves getting deleted,
The hacking is something I had completely overlooked, and now you mention it they will need to be on top of that minute one day one or it'll devolve into a shit show immediately.

I don't know what anti cheat they are using, so I have no idea how robust and reliable it is.

If I remember correctly, they moved from UE4 to UE5 last year, so does Unreal Engine have its own in house proprietary anti cheat (like the one they use for Fortnite - Easy, I believe it's called) that will be embedded into the game code?

Last edited:

Kupfer

jbc4c5Q.jpg

The game

I'm interested to see how massively this game fails.
I'm a bit afraid that the game will attract so much attention just because of its scandalous story that it will actually end up in some top lists because streamers will jump on this supposed shitshow and viewers will follow them.

I predict
  • the map is lovelessly designed
  • the game doesn't follow a red thread
  • it will not feel consistent
  • there will be an ingame store with real money currency from day 1 of early access
  • bugs
  • hackers
  • exploits
  • stupid A.I.
  • very little content
  • gameplay will be shallow

Last edited:

StueyDuck

The hacking is something I had completely overlooked, and now you mention it they will need to be on top of that minute one day one or it'll devolve into a shit show immediately.

I don't know what anti cheat they are using, so I have no idea how robust and reliable it is.

If I remember correctly, they moved from UE4 to UE5 last year, so does Unreal Engine have its own in house proprietary anti cheat (like the one they use for Fortnite - Easy, I believe it's called) that will be embedded into the game code?
Easy anticheat is the go to these days like battleye and punkbuster prior, but much like those it's hardly fool proof and is merely a extra step, games with EAC tend to be broken fairly quickly

jbc4c5Q.jpg

The game

I'm interested to see how massively this game fails.
I'm a bit afraid that the game will attract so much attention just because of its scandalous story that it will actually end up in some top lists because streamers will jump on this supposed shitshow and viewers will follow them.

I predict
  • the map is lovelessly designed
  • the game doesn't follow a red thread
  • it will not feel consistent
  • there will be an ingame store with real money currency from day 1 of early access
  • bugs
  • hackers
  • exploits
  • stupid A.I.
  • very little content
  • gameplay will be shallow
I definitely agree there's going to be a lot attention just to see what they offer up.

With all the delays and missteps, all the bizarre videos and the distinct lack of content, they are going to have to offer something pretty genre defining to win people over...and I don't know if they have it in them.

Easy anticheat is the go to these days like battleye and punkbuster prior, but much like those it's hardly fool proof and is merely a extra step, games with EAC tend to be broken fairly quickly
I thought EAC was supposed to be quite good, as Fortnite has very few hackers these day...or is that incorrect?

Bro, they had Halo Infinite Monster cans in stores before Microsoft pulled another delay lmao.
This is gonna have "server issues" on the 7th and the developer is gonna delay it again hahahha
Server issues might stop you logging in, but it wouldn't work as an excuse to delay the game would it?

Unless, of course, it was some catastrophe at their server supplier.

Top Bottom