• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Day Before... interested?

Stamps1646

I've never purchased an early access game on the first day it was available.
I typically watch streamers play it first, and then decide if it's worth playing in its current state.

We will see on the 7th if the developer was honest from the start.

Eiknarf

Banned
Review embargo??

When do reviews drop?

Today is Tuesday, the game comes out on Thursday

I see many people on YouTube already have keys and are playing it

So, reviews?

MiguelItUp

I'm not interested in the game itself per se, but I'm DEFINITELY interested in seeing how it all pans out, haha. Its development cycle has been SO bizarre. If it comes out and is pretty good I may give it a shot, but it's so hard to think it will be something big.

winjer

Gold Member
Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Too bad the current game is nothing like this
I honestly have no idea, I've tried finding out stuff but haven't found a much. Just idiots on YouTube pretending they've played it but not showing anything.

It's all rather odd considering it's out in two days 🤔

S0ULZB0URNE

I typically watch streamers play it first, and then decide if it's worth playing in its current state.

Will Steam let us refund the game if need be?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Even if I got this for free I wouldn’t play it. You’d have to give me $ and a copy for me to try.

Yet a known shit hole game like walking dead I would play gladly for the memes.

I rarely do either, though I made an exception for Undisputed (boxing game) that came out last year.

I mean, wouldn't a game this has had this much hype usually want a beta to test out their server infrastructure to see if it'll cope during a full launch?

Its fake game if you ask me and the devs are trying to milk money.
Well, to be fair, they haven't asked for any money yet.

No crowdfunding, no pre orders, nothing.

If it's a scam it's not a very good one.

My personal feeling was that it was about something else - that it was designed to wow players enough to get them to follow them off of Steam and onto a bespoke The Day Before launcher.

Why?

I don't really know, I suppose to gather their data to sell on later or something similar.

I always thought they would get to a point where they would start complaining and would say they tried to make it work but, in the end, they couldn't find a way to co-operate with Steam and, therefore, the game would only be available via their own launcher.

Do you see what I mean?

However, that doesn't appear to be the case as they are on Steam and, as far as everyone is aware, they release into early access in two days.

Gojiira

It looks nothing like the original PC/PS5 trailer and not a snippet of gameplay has shown anything close to its initial receal either.
Anybody buying it or looking forward yo it is clinically retarded.
Still I cant wait to read some reviews or see the trashing it gets on youtube. Bets on Fntastic being like Bethesda and replying directly to negative criticism? Lol

It looks nothing like the original PC/PS5 trailer and not a snippet of gameplay has shown anything close to its initial receal either.
Anybody buying it or looking forward yo it is clinically retarded.
Still I cant wait to read some reviews or see the trashing it gets on youtube. Bets on Fntastic being like Bethesda and replying directly to negative criticism? Lol
I was more looking forward to seeing how much it has been downgraded and if they announce another delay at the last minute.

On YouTube? Yes. I’ve seen lots these last two days. The influencers given keys
Yes, but there's been no actual influencer gameplay.

It's just official Fntastic footage, mostly old stuff but some more recent clips thrown in.

No unscripted gameplay from a customer exists because the game isn't available to download yet.

The key is simply a freebie so they don't have to pay like the rest of us might, it hasn't given them any access before anyone else.

How so? you cant preorder it as far as im aware.
No, there's no pre orders.

There is, however, what amounts to a complete media blackout.

Nobody, can see any reviews until it's released...which is making some people nervous.

After all, if it was really good they'd be letting content creators build hype and anticipation by releasing content a few days early.

Instead, they have to wait like everyone else.

Quite a weird idea - they made an ad. And then instead of showing you the ad, they show you footage of the ad playing on a screen.

Obviously, there's some prestige in being in Times Square, but... eh?
Yes, looks more like they are trying to show off rather than post something meaningful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom