• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The *Definitive* PSP RPGs for Vita Thread

abasm

I give P3P a high recommendation. The super-saturated colors pop so much on the Vita screen that I sometimes have to dial back to "PSP Color Space," though. I was getting a slight headache from some of the menus.

Grimmy

Banned
Well, the really insane prices are the ones you left out of your list. Even in this partial list a lot of games are at same price than UMD prices at online retailers. Some more expensive. Considering that PSP is old-gen from the Vita perspective, I think this is expensive pricing.

Look, you asked, I answered. And the answer is that a decent % of the games ARE reasonably priced. Whether they are what you want or not are you prerogative, but it's obvious companies like Square Enix and Atlus are not pricing the games right. The others, like XSEED and NISA (at least via Gamestop.com), are selling them reasonably. And can you name me some games that are cheaper in retail than in the list of reasonably priced games I listed? Please go ahead - I'd love to know.

Finally, just because the Vita's out doesn't mean the PSP games suddenly have to be all $9.99 - that's stupid. Some games came out quite recently, like Corpse Party, and some games are still *coming* out. If you are saying that Gungnir and Growlanser IV shouldn't be $29.99, I will beat you with a UMD case :p

Why is Crimson Gem Saga listed under 2nd tier ;(

I never realized that such a thoroughly mediocre game had such a defense force around here!

If the game goes down to $9.99, I'll put it in the main OP, ok? But for $29.99, 3X the price of the game on the iPhone or iPad, no friggin' way. It may be a grade-A RPG on the iDevices, but on the PSP it doesn't pass muster.

Nice list in the OP, except for the very personal opinions, especially regarding prices. I really don't care if the OP thinks persona should be 10 dollars less. As it is, it really is 'Grimmy's definitive PSP RPGs for vita thread', rather than those all encompassing thread that actually try to be broad reaching.
I probably sound harsher than I mean to be.

Ravage

I never realized that such a thoroughly mediocre game had such a defense force around here!

If the game goes down to $9.99, I'll put it in the main OP, ok? But for $29.99, 3X the price of the game on the iPhone or iPad, no friggin' way. It may be a grade-A RPG on the iDevices, but on the PSP it doesn't pass muster.

It has been years since i last played it, but i recall it being pretty decent. I definitely agree about the price though, game needs to be below $10.

I searched around for some reviews and Classic Game Room seems to like it a lot :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Os5PZfioE

Grimmy

Banned
Nice list in the OP, except for the very personal opinions, especially regarding prices. I really don't care if the OP thinks persona should be 10 dollars less. As it is, it really is 'Grimmy's definitive PSP RPGs for vita thread', rather than those all encompassing thread that actually try to be broad reaching.
I probably sound harsher than I mean to be.

Then make your own friggin' list and get out. Of course it's my opinion. I didn't spend all that time doing the OP to be nitpicked.

Brashnir

Thanks for making this thread. I've been considering picking up a Vita and grabbing some of the PSP back catalog with it. Will keep this thread subscribed for when that eventually happens.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If you reply once more I'm going to delete the whole OP. Like I said, don't like it, get out.

Dude, don't overreact. Secondly, if he's bothering you just report and let the mods deal with it or put him on ignore. It's not hard. Everyone has a right to their opinions, even you. If the other guy doesn't respect it then just ignore him.

great thread bruh. i'm going to check out 3rd birthday once i can get through some of these games i have

i bought tactics ogre and at first the game was really frustrating to me. i didn't understand the level up system, the jobs system, basically everything. i'm used to "simpler" SRPG's but once i got the hang of it not only is the game fucking awesome but its the deepest i've ever played. graphics aren't as good as some of the other SRPG's on psp but the game is really good

If you reply once more I'm going to delete the whole OP. Like I said, don't like it, get out.

Lol, threats, how old are you?
I think I am allowed to comment in your thread. This is not your personal sandbox.
I am trying to be constructive, and am just saying i don't think price should be the main thing you say about every game. For the new buyer, if he doesn't know anything about the game, (like say me about Persona) he learns more about what you think of the price should be than anything about the game. I can search for it elsewhere, I guess. I think it's a nice attempt, there is no reason to be a petulant child about it.

KaYotiX

Banned
Good list, id also agree with alot of the pricing points too. Some of these games dont deserve to be $40 or even $30.

Grimmy

Banned
Lol, threats, how old are you?
I think I am allowed to comment in your thread. This is not your personal sandbox.
I am trying to be constructive, and am just saying i don't think price should be the main thing you say about every game. For the new buyer, if he doesn't know anything about the game, (like say me about Persona) he learns more about what you think of the price should be than anything about the game. I can search for it elsewhere, I guess. I think it's a nice attempt, there is no reason to be a petulant child about it.

I don't say things I don't mean.

Say good bye to the thread. And I'm done with this forum.

If it's not too much to ask for, I would really appreciate if the japanese ¥ price would be added as well as the file size. Anyway, thanks for the great OP!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Guy's got problems that have nothing to do with RPG's, I think.

kayos90

It's fine. The OT creator just acted extremely immature and the person that instigated is just as much at fault. Doesn't matter what his intention was, his actions clearly speak for themselves. Also, a mod will most likely put the OP back to the way it was whether the creator wants to or not.

kayos90

I just messaged duckroll. If he's on he should do it, if not i'll get kagari, eat, or someone else

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Fuck you Harriet, look what you did. OP took his toys and went home. lol wtfjusthappened.
He/she had an pretty harmless comment about the price comments in the op, and they freaked the hell out for no reason.

Wut have you dun Harriet?!

kayos90

The Posts are back. I'm pretty sure if he deletes them again, he'll just get an instaban. Anyway, thanks, probably duckroll, for bringing the posts back!

TheExodu5

Banned
Grimmy...you made a great OP. No need to act childish in the face of criticism. Repent, learn from your mistakes, etc... No need to burn bridges with GAF just yet.

kayos90

Grimmy...you made a great OP. No need to act childish in the face of criticism. Repent, learn from your mistakes, etc... No need to burn bridges with GAF just yet.

He probably had a bad day and just snapped. I will give him the benefit of the doubt but man... what an explosion. Rofl.

I am sorry my posts lead to this meltdown - I certainly did not mean to piss him off that much. And I don't see how what i posted constituted trolliing (but if a mod feels differently, i'd be happy to oblige with a self-ban). Anyway, i won't add oil to the fire, and will post my impressions on 'smoothed' rpgs on the vita when i have tried them a bit more (tactics ogre looks great).

kayos90

I am sorry my posts lead to this meltdown - I certainly did not mean to piss him off that much. And I don't see how what i posted constituted trolliing (but if a mod feels differently, i'd be happy to oblige with a self-ban). Anyway, i won't add oil to the fire, and will post my impressions on 'smoothed' rpgs on the vita when i have tried them a bit more (tactics ogre looks great).

I think it's great that you added that last comment about sounding a lot harsher than you mean to be, but I guess it didn't matter. The troll comment was disregarding that comment about being harsh so yeah.

Wow, what happened here?

*grabs popcorn*

You missed it. It's all on this page I think.

horsebird

Banned
Back on topic, Crimson Gem Saga looks like good old school fun. I love a good ol'-fashioned grind, so long as it isn't mmo levels of grindage. It helps that the art in general is quite nice.

Top Bottom