• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The direct-feed GameCube screenshot thread (56k and spoiler warning)

donny2112

Metroid Prime Title Screen

7yf5irr.jpg

SovanJedi said:
Do Pikmin! Do Pikmin!

Giant Pikmin

89rutsn.jpg

Pikmin?

8ad1dvt.jpg

AGAIN, HEAVY SPOILERS FOR PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED FIVE YEAR OLD GAMES! AERITH DIES!

Metroid Prime doesn't support EFB, so the picture quality is slightly worse than that of the other shots.

6wm68o6.png

71vynv8.png

7yoglth.png

7woptg3.png

6kyg2og.png

8awzfc1.png

72ggkko.png

8aoctqa.png

6kpopqt.png

82mpxz5.png

85u3lnt.png

6xjt53n.png

7y4j7lk.png

6sc0bc5.png

6yvucmh.png

7203olw.png

7xlsuic.png

6x09wl2.png

6p5hw10.png

6su2yh0.png

711xg6v.png

6jv5l02.png

8bqir8x.png

6kjn33n.png

6jwertx.png

7wr1q3s.png

85vifyt.png

80o6q8y.png

6s6xw81.png

8gdmssy.png

6p9hl07.png

6u4bmtf.png

6x9xoue.png

8bf31pl.png

6k7172d.png

850pvug.png

6utxcmd.png

6pa3ps6.png

86ed1ro.png

6k55jtk.png

85nxkjk.png

6wnwndd.png

6z86kgj.png

8335afn.png

6x7srv8.png

6xvpg86.png

73noio8.png

Cult Hero

Watching those Metroid pics I can get dizzy all over again. :p

Someone post more Pikmin 2 pictures, that was maybe the best Nintendo game on the Cube.

donny2112

KevinCow said:
:lol

Can you throw them?

Sure. They're just like normal Pikmin except for the size difference. Here's the code if you want to try it out.

Pikmin Size Modifier (Story Mode) (donny2112)
00000000 84D6341C
XXXXXXXX 0064059C
00000000 84D63420
XXXXXXXX 0064059C
00000000 84D63424
XXXXXXXX 0064059C

Replace the XXXXXXXX with floating point numbers (e.g. 3F800000 = 1.0, 40000000 = 2.0) and encrypt. This code affect all 100 Pikmin at once, though. If you want to affect less, change all the 0064s to something less like 0003.

8g9i2xy.jpg

7xeapli.jpg

6xlks2a.jpg

6p6pimr.jpg

6y0lgz7.jpg

6oo1pqw.jpg

6srzcso.jpg

6wpw41c.jpg

6z5ehq9.jpg

6ns9b41.jpg

6twsf9h.jpg

6uj827m.jpg

6wo0fa0.jpg

6ljbqeu.jpg

8faduuh.jpg

72iso79.jpg

8aeiold.jpg

71fhu11.jpg

8bqjuoi.jpg

6x7et79.jpg

8e0xgdk.jpg

81i2w5k.jpg

8gh4c3d.jpg

6up7zmr.jpg

6x989ys.jpg

Sorry I don't even know where to begin, when it comes to capturing. But I'd love to know how, I come across many picture-esque moments on my GC.

To anyone, and there has been quite a lot of people, that say Twilight Princess looked dated when released can eat my shit. Those screen shots looked great. I was just playing it a minute ago, and what I saw was magical.

Just one level in the Cave of Ordeals can put a lot of other games' entire worlds to shame. Upon every surface is art work and depth. Its just insane the amount of work gone into making this game. If you go to the fishing pond, the blossom tree's blossom, and the petals all fall, and its absolutely beautiful. And if you stay around for long enough, they change from white, to pink to black. And they float on the lake's surface. I would love to capture Twilight Princess.

Sho Nuff

Banned
8g9i2xy.jpg

BTW thanks for reminding me of one of the worst intros for any game ever. Star Wars isn't super serious or anything, but that shit was just ridiculous and totally out of place.

Salmonax

oo Kosma oo said:
Did WW use depth of field?
Sort of. Anything far away from the camera is automatically blurred. That causes issues in cutscenes, as the entire scene will look blurry because the camera is positioned at a distance.

Case in point:

8e08lj8.png

Gross.

I already have Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64 but not on Gamecube.

Did Nintendo clean up the jaggies in the game "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" for Gamecube? Does it looks good or is it still dated too much?

Also, i forgot to add this: What kind of program do you guys use to capture these screenshots?

donny2112

Jade Knight 08 said:
What kind of program do you guys use to capture these screenshots?

OP

Prime Blue said:
All of them were taken with GCNrd. Chances are high you don't have the necessary equipment or knowledge if you ask how to use it. That's something you'll have to figure out on your own (Google and curiosity are your friends).

GCNrd = GCN Remote Debugger

There are a few Gamecube games I would like to play. Have enough of the Nintendo faithful upgraded to Wiis that second-hand Gamecubes with component cables are cheap now?

chaostrophy said:
There are a few Gamecube games I would like to play. Have enough of the Nintendo faithful upgraded to Wiis that second-hand Gamecubes with component cables are cheap now?

dont know about component cables but you can buy a second hand gamecube at gamestop for $30 now

jvm

Gamasutra.
Component cables for the GameCube were supra-expensive when I was looking into it during mid-2007. Crazy.

Also, don't forget that Nintendo eliminated the necessary port for component cables on later GameCube models. I have an early one with the appropriate hardware, but wasn't rich enough to shell out for the cables. Just figured I'd go with a Wii + component cables when the time comes. (Assuming that works as it should...)

Thanks for the shots. Looking at the Metroid shots, even direct-feed images don't do the game justice. It really is something you have to see in motion.

zww1.jpg

This was posted a while ago in the "wow zelda wind waker still holds up great today" thread. Does anyone know how it was done? Was it just gussied up with a ton of anti-aliasing?

yeah, I said gussied up

Rambaldi

Wow, some of these pictures make me really fall in love with the Cube all over again.

<3. Keep them coming, guys.

Maybe my memory is bad, but I think the color palette choices for MP are just heads about MP2/3. For some reason, Samus goes from being an intergalatic bounty hunter to a gaudy comic book hero.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
LegendofJoe said:
It's the extremely childish character models that bothered people I think.

It was. If Nintendo can fix that problem, then everything would be peachy keen.

Also, those shots are pretty damn nice. TP can look pretty bad in some places, but the areas where it's nice is NICE.

6tvc8ds.png

81od3yt.png

7yf6wis.png

81u4dxl.png

89had1g.png

6q8z22d.png

71mkfbb.png

89l8gw5.png

86ii2bd.png

87i5h7d.png

8644xup.png

6ltme0g.png

85csglw.png

71qsbo6.png

80nr050.png

7wu2b0p.png

851gs21.png

7xwvvqp.png

6kfdqx1.png

837zee1.png

6jpo1oy.png

bigmakstudios said:
This was posted a while ago in the "wow zelda wind waker still holds up great today" thread. Does anyone know how it was done? Was it just gussied up with a ton of anti-aliasing?
Emulator shot (Gekko? Probably a leaked shot from their insider area.) with some heavy anti-aliasing, you're right. Boy, The Wind Waker was made for high-res emulation!

Oblivion

Holy fuck, those RE shots look next gen quality. o_0

What is this GCNrd, anyway? An emulator?

I'll post some in-game screenshots when I'm back home. But don't expect to say wow. The in-game stuff of the first two GameCube biohazards was not too great to begin with. Everyone's just impressed by the prerendered backgrounds and FMVs.

PS: I love Rebecca. Best female bio-lead.

Gorgie said:
Maybe my memory is bad, but I think the color palette choices for MP are just heads about MP2/3. For some reason, Samus goes from being an intergalatic bounty hunter to a gaudy comic book hero.

The Samus model worsened in MP2 and MP3, but in terms of art design and colour, Corruption is the pinnacle of the series.

Spoit

Man, I thought it was just the haze of memory which made me think that a lot of the earlier GCN games had better graphics than the ones out for the wii now, but looking at these pics, it's pretty clear that they actually looked that good (and that wii games actually do look that bad)

farnham

Banned
Dunno why but looking at these screens and then looking at games like Ninjabread man wii or Anubis II makes me really really angry

Spoit said:
Man, I thought it was just the haze of memory which made me think that a lot of the earlier GCN games had better graphics than the ones out for the wii now, but looking at these pics, it's pretty clear that they actually looked that good (and that wii games actually do look that bad)

To be fair its only for some games.. Games like SMG or Endless Ocean look similar or better

Oblivion

Prime Blue said:
Answering his question? o_O Duh...

I meant posting the pics. <_< >_<

I've found that cool site that will give you a detailed explanation.

Sorry, when there ain't a wiki page, I usually dont' want to try to go dig up info from other sites. Anyway, I got what I wanted, thx.

Top Bottom