• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Discovery Channel launches another new channel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is very much needed. I'm tried of all the stupid military specials, history of--not wars--but stupid details about how the military ran durring them specials, history of guns specials, new militray technology specials, military vehicles specials, etc. ...I DON'T CARE!!!

So yeah, I really hope this concept catches on and maybe other folks do it. That way maybe I can enjoy the Discovery, History and National Geographic channels again. But I am still weary, since the introduction of home decorating channels didn't seem to take that crap off of them.

Matlock

Banned
Ya, I saw a commercial for this about an hour ago--pretty much a "reality TV? pfft, this is real" approach to promoting. Although!

Although!

How many months until we get TRADING SPACES - FALLUJAH

I've had this channel for quite a while, and it's nothing special. Then again, I'm not a fan of 4 shows about jets back to back to back to back.

Dennis Haysbert is the "voice" of the channel though, so it has that going for it.

Dice said:
This is very much needed. I'm tried of all the stupid military specials, history of--not wars--but stupid details about how the military ran durring them specials, history of guns specials, new militray technology specials, military vehicles specials, etc. ...I DON'T CARE!!!

So yeah, I really hope this concept catches on and maybe other folks do it. That way maybe I can enjoy the Discovery, History and National Geographic channels again. But I am still weary, since the introduction of home decorating channels didn't seem to take that crap off of them.

The Discovery, History, Travel, and The Learning Channels we once watched are dead; yet exist still in horrifying undead forms, languidly slogging thru the time slots spewing reality TV and dumbed-down-not-teach-up programming in lieu of the quality education TV of days gone by. Yippee.

luxsol

I've had this channel for months now. It's pretty good, but they only have new shows on the weekends. The channel used to be called the Wings Channel, so they mostly just show old Wing reruns.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
SatelliteOfLove said:
The Discovery, History, Travel, and The Learning Channels we once watched are dead; yet exist still in horrifying undead forms, languidly slogging thru the time slots spewing reality TV and dumbed-down-not-teach-up programming in lieu of the quality education TV of days gone by. Yippee.

Despite all this, I'm quite proud that the History Channel still remains on the topic of History... even though most of their shows talk about either UFOs or World War II... but it just so happens those are my two favorite subjects, so I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom