• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Hex

Banned
What kind of rewards do y'all go for from Disney Movie Rewards? None of them look interesting to me outside of maybe a few of the blu-rays.

I have picked up...hmm...the Tron Legacy 3D/Blu/DVD/Digi , A mystery dvd which was Ichabod and Mr Toad with a special slip (the year before it came out on blu), Toy Story Blu, a mystery pin, a Sully hat (which I gave to my ex and I hope she **** grr nevermind.) , The Rocketeer blu...and something else...

Bought Star Wars Rebels Season One on blu today, great stuff. Not bad for the price though I probably could have waited and it would drop a bit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What kind of rewards do y'all go for from Disney Movie Rewards? None of them look interesting to me outside of maybe a few of the blu-rays.

Wtr1tNN.png

vgIudQ0.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The last time I got something I got hunchback on blu-ray. And I agree not much aside from the blu-rays catches my eye on there.

I have picked up...hmm...the Tron Legacy 3D/Blu/DVD/Digi , A mystery dvd which was Ichabod and Mr Toad with a special slip (the year before it came out on blu), Toy Story Blu, a mystery pin, a Sully hat (which I gave to my ex and I hope she **** grr nevermind.) , The Rocketeer blu...and something else...

Bought Star Wars Rebels Season One on blu today, great stuff. Not bad for the price though I probably could have waited and it would drop a bit.

We've occasionally done the Jim Shore ornaments because my wife but mostly these days we just find a blu we don't have yet and pick it up (and we always pay the shipping rather than pay the additional points). But now that we're finishing up our collection, I dunno. I wouldn't mind saving up for the studio tour but I think at this point we own too many to hit that.

So mostly blu-rays then? I think I'm leaning in that direction as well. There's really nothing else I want...

Hex

Banned
Ah forgot you can do that.

Inside Out Thought Bubbles Gem Pack 1 - Available on Google Play 0 Aug-31-2015

Mystery Pin 350 Aug-04-2015

Toy Story 3D Blu-ray, DVD + Digital Copy 2500 Jun-24-2015

Frozen Free Fall Starter Pack - Available on Google Play 0 Jun-11-2015

Rocketeer Blu-ray 750 May-07-2014

Tangled 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack 1750 Dec-01-2013

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad 480 Oct-22-2013

Sulley Beanie with Mittens 1150 Oct-08-2013

"Tron Legacy" Blu-ray™ Combo Pack 1400 Jan-11-2013

NR1

Anyone know a good way to get the 3D blu-ray copies of older Disney titles (Bolt, Toy Story(s), Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, ect...)? I just got a 4k 3D TV and I'm looking to get content for it. I have the standard blu and DVD copies already, so I have zero interested in rebuying the films again-- just the 3D disc.

I have John Carter, Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid, and Gardians of the Galaxy already. Plus a few none Disney titles like Cloudy with Meatballs, Dawn of Planet of the Apes, and Mad Max Fury Road.

Anyone know a good way to get the 3D blu-ray copies of older Disney titles (Bolt, Toy Story(s), Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, ect...)? I just got a 4k 3D TV and I'm looking to get content for it. I have the standard blu and DVD copies already, so I have zero interested in rebuying the films again-- just the 3D disc.

I have John Carter, Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid, and Gardians of the Galaxy already. Plus a few none Disney titles like Cloudy with Meatballs, Dawn of Planet of the Apes, and Mad Max Fury Road.

If you sign up for Disney Movie Club you'd be sure to find them there. If not I think I've seen some Toy Storys floating around in some Best Buys.

I'm reading that they cancelled the o-sleeve replacement program?
I bought a few Ghibli films when they were on sale a bit ago and Nausicaa is the only one that came without the cardstock sleeve on it.
This wouldn't be a problem with, say, a Pixar or standard Disney film as I'm not too picky about the look but the Ghibli films all have that nice shiny gold and a uniform look to them that is really appealing and I'd hate to have that messed up by one film if I could fix it.
Any way to get the sleeve without buying one off ebay for like $20?

Soulfire

Didn't see it mentioned, sorry if I missed it, but right now Disney Movies Anywhere has a deal where if you link your account with iTunes, Google Play, VUDU, Amazon Video, or Microsoft you get Monsters, Inc Free.
I linked mine with Amazon and it was quick and painless and now all my Disney movies are showing up in my Amazon library. You can apparently only connect one account at a time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A random on Blu-Ray.com forums claimed they spoke with Disney Movie Club staff, who told them that the Aladdin sequels will be sold on Disney Movie Club only initially, and will be in a double pack, available on October 13th. I have no particular reason to trust this person, maybe they're lying or mistaken, but figured I'd forward the info anyway since that's when Aladdin will be releasing and so it's definitely plausible. Digital copies of the films are available for pre-order on Vudu, dated September 29th.

Speaking of which, Aladdin + Disney Shorts is the featured title this month. Probably the best value all year.

A random on Blu-Ray.com forums claimed they spoke with Disney Movie Club staff, who told them that the Aladdin sequels will be sold on Disney Movie Club only initially, and will be in a double pack, available on October 13th. I have no particular reason to trust this person, maybe they're lying or mistaken, but figured I'd forward the info anyway since that's when Aladdin will be releasing and so it's definitely plausible. Digital copies of the films are available for pre-order on Vudu, dated September 29th.

Speaking of which, Aladdin + Disney Shorts is the featured title this month. Probably the best value all year.

If that's the feature, I might just have to cancel my pre-order and replace it with that. I'll just have to see what they're charging.

How does the club work? Is it just an online shop?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How does the club work? Is it just an online shop?

You register for it. You get a bunch of movies for basically no money. In exchange, over the next 2 years, you have to buy a few other movies at full price (often $35). Every month you're offered a movie, and if you don't want it, you say no. If you don't say no, they ship it to you at full price.

If you do it right and are in the US, you can get generally about $10/movie.

How to do it right:
- Pick full price movies for your initial sign up
- Use a special sign up code that gives you more movies up front and less to buy full price
- For your full price commitment titles, pick stuff that they offer to you, preferably bundles of 2 films for $34.95
- Cancel as soon as you've fulfilled your commitment

The deal I got gave me:
- 5 movies upfront for $1
- $20 for 2 more movies
- I have to buy 2 full price movies over 2 years
- Total ~$90 for 9 movies

Again, not saying it's gospel, but Blu-Ray.com has a listing up for Aladdin: Return of Jafar + Aladdin: King of Thieves, listed as Oct 13, 2015 release "Disney Movie Club Exclusive until Jan 12, 2016", clearly very temporary tentative art. So, yeah.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Aladd...addin-and-the-King-of-Thieves-Blu-ray/103596/

You can also per-order the Digital Copies on amazon

Aladdin: The Return of Jafar:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0155H87D4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Aladdin and the King of Thieves:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0134CHAUI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

isny

napkin dispenser
You register for it. You get a bunch of movies for basically no money. In exchange, over the next 2 years, you have to buy a few other movies at full price (often $35). Every month you're offered a movie, and if you don't want it, you say no. If you don't say no, they ship it to you at full price.

How to do it right:
- Use a special sign up code that gives you more movies up front and less to buy full price
- For your full price commitment titles, pick stuff that they offer to you, preferably bundles of 2 films for $34.95

The deal I got gave me:
- $20 for 2 more movies

I may need to get you to pick up a copy of that Aladdin two pack for me...

overcast

How to do it right:

The deal I got gave me:
- $20 for 2 more movies
Oh shit. So the featured titles they email you about count as one of your commitments? I should have accepted the Aladdin one cause I'll be buying that full price anyway :[

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh shit. So the featured titles they email you about count as one of your commitments? I should have accepted the Aladdin one cause I'll be buying that full price anyway :[

They do (although cases where they ship 2 at once don't necessarily count as 2)

Thanks to Aladdin, I've reached VIP status on the movie club! You guys know if anything cool comes with that. I don't think I need to cancel and sign back up just yet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks to Aladdin, I've reached VIP status on the movie club! You guys know if anything cool comes with that. I don't think I need to cancel and sign back up just yet.

slightly different monthly discounts, but generally any benefit you'd get from that you'd get more from cancelling and signing back up again. i don't normally cancel immediately, but i haven't gotten much out of sticking around as a VIP either

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Aladdin sequel 2-pack has been announced officially. Disney Movie Club exclusive until January, so if you're not a member just wait until then. Also Escape From Witch Mountain will be DMC exclusive as well. Orders start next week.

If you're not a member you can order it from retailers or Amazon in January.

slightly different monthly discounts, but generally any benefit you'd get from that you'd get more from cancelling and signing back up again. i don't normally cancel immediately, but i haven't gotten much out of sticking around as a VIP either

got it, thanks. the one thing i heard that's enticing is exclusive pins since i collect disney pins

isny

napkin dispenser
The Aladdin sequel 2-pack has been announced officially. Disney Movie Club exclusive until January, so if you're not a member just wait until then. Also Escape From Witch Mountain will be DMC exclusive as well. Orders start next week.

Basil the great mouse Detective, the many adventures of winning the pooh, fun and fancy free/ ichabod and Mr toad (double pack), Atlantic the lost empire, treasure planet, the rescuers/the rescuers down under (double pack), home on the range. They are all finally coming to blu ray in the UK next month. I can't wait,basil was my favourite film as a kid.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Basil the great mouse Detective, the many adventures of winning the pooh, fun and fancy free/ ichabod and Mr toad (double pack), Atlantic the lost empire, treasure planet, the rescuers/the rescuers down under (double pack), home on the range. They are all finally coming to blu ray in the UK next month. I can't wait,basil was my favourite film as a kid.

Genuinely surprised that Great Mouse Detective is getting a UK release, it's been neglected for so long. Great to see UK owners sharing in the love!

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone willing to sell me their Eric Tan Aladdin poster from DMR? Or just give/sell me their Aladdin DMR code so I can buy the poster? (I have the European release of Aladdin on Blu and I'm not double dipping.)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone willing to sell me their Eric Tan Aladdin poster from DMR? Or just give/sell me their Aladdin DMR code so I can buy the poster? (I have the European release of Aladdin on Blu and I'm not double dipping.)

If you don't get a taker here you should try blu-ray.com, they have a pretty big Disney community who I think are pretty helpful

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks dope, and I love the branding. I have Snow White's last release on DVD+Blu-ray casing, so I'm hoping to re-buy for that reason alone. Hope they don't fuck up the transfer or extras.

also plz release The Black Cauldron~~ I saw it at the El Capitan (Disney's theatre) a month ago. There's no reason at all not to put it out. If it has to be DMC exclusive, so be it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not sure if should get Aladdin... tempting...

I wonder if Pocahontas and Mulan will get diamond editions. Right now they only have 2-packs with their crappy sequels and missing special DVD edition features. Pocahontas is missing the inclusion of "If I Never Knew You" actually in the film, and Mulan is missing the mandarin track and some bonuses.

Looks good! I guess they're keeping the whole sideways titles thing. Reminds me of PS1 haha. I'll be jumping on snow white for sure since I was late to the Disney blu-ray game.

Magnus

This makes me so happy, yay!

It was hell trying to track down my two copies on DVD, lol...I guess I should sell those quick.

Famassu

Filled my Disney bluray collection a little more.

That puts me at 32 out of the 53 Disney animated movies created so far. I think I'm only missing Big Hero 6, Cinderella, Oliver & Co, Peter Pan, the original Winnie the Pooh & Robin Hood from the blurays released in Finland (non-sequels) that I have any interest in getting.

Kind of happy this years-long Disney & Pixar blu-ray collecting is finally starting to near its end, at least when it comes to the backlog of classics (& not-so-classics). All-in-all, there's probably no more than 10-12 or so Disney movies (incl. ones that haven't been released on bluray anywhere yet) that I still want in my collection.

Top Bottom