• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Disney Movie Club is showing that a 25th anniversary edition of Beauty and the Beast is going to be released soon. No specific date, but it will include Blu Ray, DVD, and Digital Copy.

Cha-ching, the only vaulted title I don't have.

Now release the other five fucking films Disney.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Beauty and the Beast re-release is coming out September 20th, 2016

jVpdXXy.jpg

Edit: Also updated the OP to add Zootopia and add the date for BATB and update the art :)

Fox Mulder

Can't wait to add Beauty and the Beast to my collection :D

You could have already bought the UK version for like $20 on Amazon with prime shipping for awhile now.

Pinocchio is the only hard one to get with it being region locked in the UK and OOP here.

I just want them to release the others even if as DNC exclusives.

You could have already bought the UK version for like $20 on Amazon with prime shipping for awhile now.

Pinocchio is the only hard one to get with it being region locked in the UK and OOP here.

I just want them to release the others even if as DNC exclusives.

I know but I like collecting for the American lines. Plus this looks to have some cool new bonus features that I'm interested in.

Rats! I got Zootopia at Target over the weekend only to realize I hadn't declined my feature title from last month which was... Zootopia. It had unfortunately shipped out already so I have to wait to send it back, but I used the opportunity to close my account since I completed my commitment back in 2014 and haven't used it since.

So if I decide to come back to the service I just sign up with a different email address right? Or do I need to use a different card as well? It'll be a bit because I'm unemployed right now (which the double Zootopia does.. not help, sigh) but I definitely want to sign up again in the future to snag a bunch of the titles I've missed over the last couple years for hella cheap again.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Rats! I got Zootopia at Target over the weekend only to realize I hadn't declined my feature title from last month which was... Zootopia. It had unfortunately shipped out already so I have to wait to send it back, but I used the opportunity to close my account since I completed my commitment back in 2014 and haven't used it since.

So if I decide to come back to the service I just sign up with a different email address right? Or do I need to use a different card as well? It'll be a bit because I'm unemployed right now (which the double Zootopia does.. not help, sigh) but I definitely want to sign up again in the future to snag a bunch of the titles I've missed over the last couple years for hella cheap again.

I think you can actually use the same email address too, but I'm not sure.

Somone on the the bluray.com movie club thread pointed out this banner from the site. Looks like 101 Dalmatians is going back in the vault.

attachment.php

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Somone on the the bluray.com movie club thread pointed out this banner from the site. Looks like 101 Dalmatians is going back in the vault.

attachment.php

I'm kinda surprised they'd vault anything at this point, given the imminent death of physical media, but thanks for the heads up.

I'm kinda surprised they'd vault anything at this point, given the imminent death of physical media, but thanks for the heads up.

No problem! It does seem like a strange decision, especially since some of older releases like Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid are still out.

NR1

Disney is really starting to get on my nerves with their 3D releases...

I really want to get The Jungle Book (2016) and Alice Through The Looking Glass in 3D, but not domestic 3D US release appears to be planned. There are 3D releases of both in Europe, but they are B2 region locked...

In the process of searching the Amazon UK store, I come to fined out there is a Ratatouille Blu-ray 3D release that has been out since 2014! What gives?!?! Where is The Force Awakens 3D release we were promised for later this year?

Thankfully, Frozen, Big Hero 6, and Maleficent were all region free releases and I could import without trouble. I would probably be willing to buy a region-free player, if it weren't for the fact that I already have 3 working blu-ray players hooked up to my entertainment center (PS3, PS4, and Samsung UHD 4K player). It just seems insane to pay for and hook up a 4th just for a very small number of 3D titles.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Got my copy last night. Beauty and the Beast has a really stupid thing where the digital code is in a sealed packet where you have to peel off a sticker from the rose in the glass case to see your code. Haven't gotten a chance at watch it yet.

Got my copy last night. Beauty and the Beast has a really stupid thing where the digital code is in a sealed packet where you have to peel off a sticker from the rose in the glass case to see your code. Haven't gotten a chance at watch it yet.

I got my copy on Tuesday at Best Buy. I kinda liked the peel off code it added a bit of flair to it.

I'm kinda bummed out that all of the old special features are digital only but I'm just glad to finally have the movie on Blu-ray. Also the new bonus features are pretty good so it's not all bad.

So I gave away my old copy of Mulan for the new one because I really want it on digital. Now I'm torn about beauty and the beast. I got it when it first released on Blu ray back in 2012ish I think. I don't even know if I've watched it more than once. If it's on digital, I may watch it on my phone. And the new case is really nice.

I plan on doing an order of about five movies. Pollyanna and Parent Trap are on the top and I need Zootopia (I don't think I can get 50% off on that one though). And I recently got bedknobs and broomsticks through the reward points.

One of these days I'll have enough for the studio tour.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does the new Mulan have Chinese audio options?

Does the new Pocahontas have "If I never knew you" in the film, not just as an extra video?

Leeness

...are they not doing Rewards codes anymore? :/ I picked up BatB and there's a digital code, but nothing else. The box doesn't have that "DMR" with the star on it, either. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
...are they not doing Rewards codes anymore? :/ I picked up BatB and there's a digital code, but nothing else. The box doesn't have that "DMR" with the star on it, either. :(

The digital code will give you DMR points and you can still redeem it on DMR, but yeah they seem to have pivoted entirely towards emphasizing the digital code element.

I just resold a spare copy of Sword and the Stone and my original copy of Snow White and I found I couldn't get anyone to go for Snow White because it didn't have the digital code. Not only is physical media nearly dead, those buying physical media are doing so as much for the digital copy as the physical copy.

I could probably get over it if the package films never get released but it's very sad to me we are likely never going to get Black Cauldron or Goofy Movie.

Leeness

The digital code will give you DMR points and you can still redeem it on DMR, but yeah they seem to have pivoted entirely towards emphasizing the digital code element.

I just resold a spare copy of Sword and the Stone and my original copy of Snow White and I found I couldn't get anyone to go for Snow White because it didn't have the digital code. Not only is physical media nearly dead, those buying physical media are doing so as much for the digital copy as the physical copy.

I could probably get over it if the package films never get released but it's very sad to me we are likely never going to get Black Cauldron or Goofy Movie.

Oh, okay, yeah, the digital code worked to give me points... I still don't care about digital copies... I love my physical disc collection :(

Soulfire

I love my physical copies too, but I also love that I can download the digital versions onto my daughters kindle. Honestly, that's the only reason I bought the new Beauty and the Beast. Seeing it now, though, next to Snow White, I like that the covers match. I'm weird, I've accepted that.

johnsmith

remember me
All 2100 of my points expired. What the hell. This is really messed up of them. I'm going to email cs to see if they can put them back, but yeah, if you get an email that they're about to expire, don't sleep on it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
(Disney gives away 5 free points at the beginning of every month on Facebook so this isn't really an issue as long as you stay proactive.)

(Disney gives away 5 free points at the beginning of every month on Facebook so this isn't really an issue as long as you stay proactive.)

There's facebook points and there's mystery points in the monthly email. Plus the holiday's usually bring out special daily points like Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and even summer. I remember them sending out an email a few months ago about amending the TOS about points expiring, but the rules are so simple.

Accidentally forgot to decline the Jungle Book movie club offer and I already had the animated Diamond Edition so quote this post for the code.

NR1

7555_tn.jpg

Walt Disney Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release on Blu-ray Steven Spielberg's film The BFG (2016), featuring the voices of Mark Rylance, Ruby Barnhill, Bill Hader, Rebecca Hall, and Penelope Wilton. The release will be available for purchase on December 6.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19901

No word on a domestic 3D release... so that makes Jungle Book, Through the Looking Glass, and The BFG as non-3D releases in the US. They did mention a forthcoming 3D release of Jungle Book, but they need better details on stuff like that. I hate how they did that with The Force Awakens.

johnsmith

remember me
Got shutdown on getting my points back by email. Wondering if there's any point in trying to call. Has anybody ever gotten their points back?

Just seems so damn petty and punitive to take away points like that.

Ordered an old (sealed new) Diamond 3-disc of Beauty and the Beast for $15 shipped on eBay. Just FYI for anybody who wants to own a physical copy of the Work In Progress (storyboard) edit of the film.

So I just joined DMC. I'm looking through the movie selection and almost everything is discounted so how do I even make up the 5 movie commitment if nothing is 29.95 and over?

Edit: Nevermind. It was showing everything as discounted but it's full price in the cart.

NR1

CuMDwfQXEAADnmo.jpg

Glad Disney is finally giving the US a3D release of the film, but they really should have released this along side the standard edition--- either delay them both to November 15 or release them both early on August 30. I went ahead and imported the UK 3D copy, because Disney is WAY too weird with their 3D releases.

Top Bottom