• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Just joined the Disney Movie Club. Had a promotion code so I got 7 movies for $21 and only have to buy 2 more at full price over the next two years. It also came with an Olaf blanket which i'll be giving to my sister

Inside Out
Finding Nemo
Up
Ratatouille
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Wreck it Ralph

I've seen them all, but I'll loving having them in my collection. Really glad I found this deal!!

But where is the The Lion King???
What code did you use to sign up? Also, are you on the US? Codes from DMC Canada are different as far as I know.

Very clever :)

Yea, I'm just reading some of this thread now. Crazy, that vault stuff. Do we know when it will be released from the vault?

Snow White has been the first title un-vaulted in a while. I'd say in about two years time it should join the Signature Edition line if my hunch is correct.

What code did you use to sign up? Also, are you on the US? Codes from DMC Canada are different as far as I know.

Snow White has been the first title un-vaulted in a while. I'd say in about two years time it should join the Signature Edition line if my hunch is correct.

I used the code in the OP. Yes, US.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yea, I'm just reading some of this thread now. Crazy, that vault stuff. Do we know when it will be released from the vault?

Unfortunately might be a few years. I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Historically Disney had about a 7 year cycle of vault -> unvault -> produce for a year or so -> vault again. It's hard to say if or how that will change as we move into the streaming era.

Unfortunately might be a few years. I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Historically Disney had about a 7 year cycle of vault -> unvault -> produce for a year or so -> vault again. It's hard to say if or how that will change as we move into the streaming era.
Damn. Thanks for the info.

I know Disney is like the most successful company ever, and probably knows what they are doing. But not having some of you classic movies available to buy at all times seems crazy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So when is Pinocchio theoretically coming out of the vault?

It would theoretically have been before Snow White, but in light of Snow White being first, we'd guess it's next, so potentially as early as this fall, but no one knows for sure. They would presumably not have created the "Signature Edition" of blu-rays if they did not intend to add more after Snow White.

The order of the Vault movies previous Blu-Ray releases:

Platinum
Sleeping Beauty (vaulted 2010)
Pinocchio (vaulted 2011)

Diamond
Snow White (vaulted 2011)
Beauty and the Beast (vaulted 2012)
(not a Diamond release but got vaulted anyway) Fantasia / Fantasia 2000 (vaulted ~2012?)
Bambi (vaulted 2012)
The Lion King (vaulted 2013)
Lady and the Tramp (vaulted 2013)
Cinderella
Peter Pan (vaulted 2014)
The Little Mermaid
The Jungle Book
Sleeping Beauty
101 Dalmatians
Aladdin

Signature
Snow White

Man I really wanna try DMC, I don't know why I'm so hesitant with the whole commitment thing but it's about the cheapest way to get a ton of Ghibli blu rays. Any bad experience or is it generally worth it?

Hex

Banned
My latest order came in, now just waiting for SW:TFA .
I enjoy the buy one get everything else at 60% off as you can tell.
2OW0Fc8.jpg

witness

Just joined the Disney Movie Club. Had a promotion code so I got 7 movies for $21 and only have to buy 2 more at full price over the next two years. It also came with an Olaf blanket which i'll be giving to my sister

Inside Out
Finding Nemo
Up
Ratatouille
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Wreck it Ralph

I've seen them all, but I'll loving having them in my collection. Really glad I found this deal!!

But where is the The Lion King???

Did the same deal yesterday!

Age of Ultron
Winter Soldier
Frozen
Big Hero 6
Toy Story
Toy Story 3
The Brave Little Toaster - my wife wanted this and didn't care that it was a DVD

So now for the two additional movies, they have to be $29.95+ each?

overcast

I see, the commitment films have to be 29.95 and up. They get you by putting things like Aladdin and Snow White at 24 or 26 dollars. Damn.

Just ordered Kiki's.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I see, the commitment films have to be 29.95 and up. They get you by putting things like Aladdin and Snow White at 24 or 26 dollars. Damn.

If something is the featured title for the month, it counts as a commitment title regardless. Mostly the actual pressure of resolving the commitment over a two year period is quite low.

So I was thinking about joining that Disney club thing where you get the 4 movies for a $1,but I had a question:

The full priced movies you need to buy within a year (or however long), do you need to buy them directly through Disney, or can you buy them anywhere as long as you register them with your Disney movie account?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So I was thinking about joining that Disney club thing where you get the 4 movies for a $1,but I had a question:

The full priced movies you need to buy within a year (or however long), do you need to buy them directly through Disney, or can you buy them anywhere as long as you register them with your Disney movie account?

Check the OP for a better deal. And the commitment movies have to be bought from Disney directly.

mjc

I noticed the Force Awakens 27x40 poster is back up on the rewards list, is it double sided? I ordered it anyways, no way I'm paying the going rate for one on ebay.

Hex

Banned
So I am hearing buzz again that The Black Cauldron will be released as a Movie Club exclusive on 6/14/2016.
Skeptical but hoping.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I am hearing buzz again that The Black Cauldron will be released as a Movie Club exclusive on 6/14/2016.
Skeptical but hoping.

Yeah if you mean the Disney Wikia, someone keeps editing bogus stuff in there. The edit--which also claimed the remaining four package films were getting a release the same day. The user who added it has since been banned.

You can see some of the comment history of this no doubt reliable source:
8FQo7Al.png

TkoWZxN.png

BYEEAam.png

very consistent, and always so right!

yep, song of the south 2-pack definitely coming out this august

Hex

Banned
Yeah if you mean the Disney Wikia, someone keeps editing bogus stuff in there. The edit--which also claimed the remaining four package films were getting a release the same day. The user who added it has since been banned.

You can see some of the comment history of this no doubt reliable source:
8FQo7Al.png

TkoWZxN.png

BYEEAam.png

very consistent, and always so right!

yep, song of the south 2-pack definitely coming out this august

Niiiice

mjc

Got my TFA poster in the mail today. It's a double-sided theatrical poster, but the sides are all damaged and wrinkled. What are the odds that they'd consider sending me a replacement?

Got that new release of Mulan(freaking love that new art for it and Pocahontas).
And went ahead and bought the poster

Man does it look even better in person. pops like crazy on my wall.

Got that new release of Mulan(freaking love that new art for it and Pocahontas).

Not one of my favorite Disney movies but man that has to be one of the coolest theatrical posters I've seen. I feel like it has a lot of sophistication to it.

Hex

Banned

Love that poster art, where did you get it?

Also fam, do I sell my Dumbo and Alice blus since I am ordering the new ones on DMC or do I admit to myself that I am a pack ratting whore and keep them.

No word on a 3D Edition Blu-ray....

7AB65C42-90C0-4507-8EDB-AFD7B41AE429.png

Target has a 3D version with exclusives, and everywhere else has the 3D listed.
It is real so you can feel safe ordering.

Hope these links will work...
Target Exclusive 3D

Target Exclusive standard

One month later, after they sent my first order to the wrong address so I had to get it reshipped, I finally get my delivery.

Here's what I ordered:
Item BD-MARVEL-GUARDIANS OF GALAXY

Qty 1

Price $0.00

Ext Price $0.00

Item BDC-RATATOUILLE (W/DVD)

Qty 1

Price $0.00

Ext Price $0.00

Item BDC-WRECK-IT RALPH W/DVD

Qty 1

Price $0.00

Ext Price $0.00

Item BDC-FINDING NEMO W/DVD

Qty 1

Price $0.00

Ext Price $0.00

Item BDC-US-INSIDE OUT (W/DVD+DHD)

Qty 1

Price $0.00

Ext Price $0.00

Item BDC-UP (W/DVD)

Qty 1

Price $0.00

Ext Price $0.00

Item BD-MARVEL-ANT-MAN 1-DISC

Qty 1

Price $0.00

Ext Price $0.00

Item WELCOME KIT FOR NEW MEMBERS

Qty 1

Price $0.00

Ext Price $0.00

What I got:
Little Mermaid
Jungle Book
Princess and the Frog
Princess and the Frog DVD
Tangled
Ratatouille (Woo! 1/6!!!)

Is this a joke? Obviously I'll contact them and get it straightened out. But I've been waiting a month for this. And I told all my friends I'd have AntMan in time to watch for Civil War.

Sucks...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hahaha yeah looks like you got owned. I did have an issue once where I got a case with no disc inside and they were good about sorting it out but never heard of anything as bad as what you're saying.

The package slip has all the movies that I received. Unfortunately the woman who ordered them is two states away. So i'm not the only unhappy customer. The only way I'm related to this order at all is that they put my shipping address on the outside. What a major screwup.

I really hope they have a quick shipping option. I've been waiting a month for these dang movies. lol

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The package slip has all the movies that I received. Unfortunately the woman who ordered them is two states away. So i'm not the only unhappy customer. The only way I'm related to this order at all is that they put my shipping address on the outside. What a major screwup.

I really hope they have a quick shipping option. I've been waiting a month for these dang movies. lol
You're probably gonna have to wait another month. DMC is slow as molasses. Perhaps you can buy Ant Man and once you get the 2nd copy from DMC return that one?

You're probably gonna have to wait another month. DMC is slow as molasses. Perhaps you can buy Ant Man and once you get the 2nd copy from DMC return that one?

Isn't there some kind of 'disgruntled customer' express shipping? Obviously not in time for Civil War, but by next week would be nice.

I won't hold my breath

Isn't there some kind of 'disgruntled customer' express shipping? Obviously not in time for Civil War, but by next week would be nice.

I won't hold my breath

Wow that's really strange. If you tell them you want express shipping for your inconvenience they might give it to you. The only problem I ever had is when I bought the Aladdin blu-ray when it got to my house it looked like the packaging had rotted away on the top and there were rips and cracks through the slipcover and case. Good thing they sent me another one free of charge. Pretty sure they used express as well for the replacement.

Fox Mulder

finally finished my commitments with the pocohantas/mulan offer. didn't really want those, but I have all I want from them and imported the vaulted stuff from the UK.

Hex

Banned
Now with Moviestop gone I am in a conundrum.
I want to order the new Dumbo/Alice for the digi copies but I own them both and I hate selling on Ebay

Soulfire

Disney Movie Club is showing that a 25th anniversary edition of Beauty and the Beast is going to be released soon. No specific date, but it will include Blu Ray, DVD, and Digital Copy.

Top Bottom