• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
Its not that hard.

1: Hide behind something so you dont get shot.
2: Put more rounds on target than they do to you.
3: And always make sure to keep your firearm well fed. Nothing worse than it going click when it should go bang.

Hardly call "well placed" AI is when the assholes can drop out of thin air around you depending if you are unlucky standing in / near a loc that just happens to be a spawn point. Which is what you can see on some occasions near EZs.

The AI for the most part seem to react generally the same, though Ubi did go and make them quite aggressive as they will constantly push up towards the player if you let off the pressure and make you pay for it.

i'd like to Point out that we have only seen a small amount of the enemy classes as well.

when you have shield guys advance at you, rushers try to flank you, Grenadiers rain grenades on you, a heavy Setting up a Barrage on you and then snipers in the back I can see this getting a tiiiiiiny bit hectic XD

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
i'd like to Point out that we have only seen a small amount of the enemy classes as well.

when you have shield guys advance at you, rushers try to flank you, Grenadiers rain grenades on you, a heavy Setting up a Barrage on you and then snipers in the back I can see this getting a tiiiiiiny bit hectic XD

Pretty much like any shooter once the standard selection of types come wandering out. Even more so if one is a "solo" player.

But that is expected so not like it really would change ones opinion about things. As its nothing new when it comes to shooters.

Got to admit one of the more hilarious things was being on the catwalk near the elevator when bubba and his flame thrower came wandering out with his tank facing me. That made for some beautiful fireworks. Nice that they put the extra bit of detail with that.

Yea for sure even that fight on the top of MSG with the boss with the LMG thats just one guy and he will fuck you up real quick if you are caught out of cover when dealing with the standard mobs.

I fear the more difficult encounters.

Wait division is out in Australia ? Why do retailers all say it's out Tuesday (it's just ticked over till Monday now.

Or is it only out Monday digital?

Parakeetman

Yea for sure even that fight on the top of MSG with the boss with the LMG thats just one guy and he will fuck you up real quick if you are caught out of cover when dealing with the standard mobs.

I fear the more difficult encounters.

Its hilarious if you kill him before he hops off the roof. Went and did that by making him eat a few mags worth of .308. Was testing out damage of higher level gear on normal mode there.

After killing the scrubs, next the dude walks out of the door from the room under the roof section like nothing happened lol.

I'm not really interested in it personally. It's clear there'll be plenty to do up yo story/map/loot end for me.

But they've announced a couple of high-difficulty modes which will be patched in for free in the coming 2-3 months (i think). The word 'raid' was never uttered but that's what it sounds like.

Exactly. Ubi/Massive seems to take joy into rewording things. I could even see them applying that to the zombies, but that's another topic.

incursion
[in-kur-zhuh n, -shuh n]

noun
a hostile entrance into or invasion of a place or territory, especially a sudden one; raid:
The bandits made brief incursions on the village.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/incursion

Klyka

Banned
Its hilarious if you kill him before he hops off the roof. Went and did that by making him eat a few mags worth of .308. Was testing out damage of higher level gear on normal mode there.

After killing the scrubs, next the dude walks out of the door from the room under the roof section like nothing happened lol.

it's not the same dude
If you kill the guy before he jumps down the game will actually spawn 1 or sometimes 2 non-named heavies that can drop extra loot.

aaaaaand preordered on Amazon

Parakeetman

it's not the same dude
If you kill the guy before he jumps down the game will actually spawn 1 or sometimes 2 non-named heavies that can drop extra loot.

aaaaaand preordered on Amazon

Sure as hell looked like him appearance wise through the scope, when was watching him walk out of the door.

Never seen 2, so am guessing that must be a hardmode thing if you kill him while hes still on the roof.

Parakeetman

yeah they look like him but have no Name

i've done it a couple times with Groups, it definitely happens

Did it solo on normal and always found it amusing lol. Its so great the field hospital is right outside of the CP. Since I can just go wander over there and test gear out on the poor bastards inside lol

My first thought was fuck how am I going to get the loot as tried before to get up there. Though didnt find any way to do that

Btw what was with the weird ass bug in the game where sometimes those small green pelican case looking "containers" would be flashing like you could open them only to go "neutral" when you tried. Always would drive me insane in the beta with how that was a constant thing. This is in normal situations and not the rank locked DZ stuff.

TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT!!!!!

SGzlEQe.gif

Got gifted this so I guess I'll be giving it a shot.

I wasn't fond of the beta because it felt too limited (understandably so). Is there still hope for me enjoying the full game?

Parakeetman

I wasn't fond of the beta because it felt too limited (understandably so). Is there still hope for me enjoying the full game?

Considering you got it for free does it really matter if you enjoy it or not?

Since honestly the beta is the game, just not the full content. But the mechanics and general flow is exactly what you will be doing during your stay in lovely NYC.

Klyka

Banned

You got the game for free son.
I am sure you'll get your money's worth :p

The1Ski

I would love to see a weapons range back at the base to test builds and weapons. Just a target that you shoot at that shows damage and all that. Borderlands 2 had a great little test fire range that would be super useful in The Division!

Klyka

Banned
I would love to see a weapons range back at the base to test builds and weapons. Just a target that you shoot at that shows damage and all that. Borderlands 2 had a great little test fire range that would be super useful in The Division!

There is a Shooting range. with damage numbers and all.
weak Points on the Targets too.

Considering you got it for free does it really matter if you enjoy it or not?

Since honestly the beta is the game, just not the full content. But the mechanics and general flow is exactly what you will be doing during your stay in lovely NYC.
What are you most looking forward to with the game?

Parakeetman

Yeah that would be useful. They should have put it on the far right of the shop counters. Where that dude is just standing there. Its past the event board on the far right.

What are you most looking forward to with the game?

Shooting and looting. I mean seriously what else is there to look forward to with an online style loot game with guns?

I dont play these things to make friends so the social aspect is out of the picture for me. Though know many who enjoy guilds, teams, etc will have something to enjoy with this title as with any online game.

That and generally just looking at the game design. Its the only real reason why I picked up the game itself. Made the decision to after the beta. As you can see with my past posts here am fairly realistic with what to expect / am getting into.

hydruxo

Well you're in luck because there is a range at the base :)

bodine1231

I'm still going back and forth on what platform to get this on (PC or PS4). I have a great pc but I feel the player base will stick around longer on console and I'm scared of cheating on the PC side.

Klyka

Banned
Where was it in the CP? As didnt see anything at the time. Which is why as mentioned before Id wander over to the field hospital to do my experimentation.

it's a wingupgrade in the security wing.
it wasn't available in the beta
we have seen it in the IGN Video showing all weapon types

MAX PAYMENT

Yeah that would be useful. They should have put it on the far right of the shop counters. Where that dude is just standing there. Its past the event board on the far right.

Shooting and looting. I mean seriously what else is there to look forward to with an online style loot game with guns?

I dont play these things to make friends so the social aspect is out of the picture for me. Though know many who enjoy guilds, teams, etc will have something to enjoy with this title as with any online game.

That and generally just looking at the game design. Its the only real reason why I picked up the game itself. Made the decision to after the beta. As you can see with my past posts here am fairly realistic with what to expect / am getting into.

Uhh... maybe this type of game isn't for you...

Parakeetman

That explains why it wasnt in the beta. Since they didnt let us mess with the security wing.

Fantastic to hear they did think of the feature. Considering in the past like for GR:FS they made a pretty useful weapons range to mess with things with. Sure its not the same game and whatnots but the idea is. Guess will be working on upgrading that ASAP along with the medical wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom