• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Coolluck

Martin does not sound enthused about the Preacher adaptation AT ALL. Anytime it even comes up in passing, he gets slightly salty.

I sorta trust him, because he is a huge fan of the comic. The more I see and hear of the show, the less interested I become. I love the comic, and the show is starting to sound like an extremely loose adaptation. Comes with the territory with TV, but my skepticism is growing.

Jason Murphy seemed to be the opposite so I'm still taking a wait-and-see approach.

Magwik

Banned
12832383_507839672721924_793773011803931511_n.jpg
This just killed me, thanks Will.
http://doubletoasted.com/wills-unpopular-opinion-max-out-landish-3-17-16/

Billy the Teeth and Andre the Black Nerd were on the last movie review extravaganza show. Show was insane.

And that Sammus track was hot fire 🔥

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Yeah that was a really good show. There was a lot more activity going on with SXSW in town. Korey's Hannibal Buress story was killing me.

And how the hell have I never heard of Sammus before? She was amazing.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Sammus.
Just like Pharoahe Monch,, given people of color that power or that knowledge to seek help when dealing with mental health issues.

She was so great.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm looking forward to their BvS review more than the actual movie...

Which was not at all

Madrin

Wow, it usually takes me a while to warm up to a new podcast or YouTube show, but I'm loving this right away. I never thought it could be so entertaining to watch people discuss a movie trailer. Wish I had heard of these guys sooner.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm listening now, they definitely have more negative things to say than positive. And they tried really hard to be positive.

munchie64

And IMO, a 5 or 6/10 is not good or as you said, not bad.

It's a miss.

Recommending you rent it is a bad look.
Well I haven't listened yet (waiting for video) but I guess for me it'll come down to the tone of the review.

If Grizzlyjin, I'll probably end up agreeing with you.

I'm listening now, they definitely have more negative things to say than positive. And they tried really hard to be positive.

They honestly tried to approach the movie with a positive attitude, especially with Batfleck, the score and the cinematography, but the negatives outweighed everything else.

We also didn't get a SuperKorey vs BatMartin fight, which was a crushing disappointment.

BATMARTIN looks incredible! LOL I want that cowl!

But yeah, I've never cancelled a movie ticket before and this movie is making me want to. I'll sleep on it... Might still go. At least I'll know to temper my expectations.

Bleepey

I am cracking up at the BVS review. Haha

Edit: Motherfuckers keep forgetting that pre Bruce Timm Batman killed like crazy. Also, All Star Batman, the God Damn Batman that calls kids that just lost their parents retarded, huuuuge sociopath.
Probably my favourite Batman.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
A few small counter-examples doesn't mean he "killed like crazy", considering the overwhelming trend of the character's 77 year history. It would be like saying pre-"Man of Steel" Superman couldn't fly, because it didn't happen in his very first comics or in the early seasons of Smallville.

Bleepey

A few small counter-examples doesn't mean he "killed like crazy", considering the overwhelming trend of the character's 77 year history. It would be like saying pre-"Man of Steel" Superman couldn't fly, because it didn't happen in his very first comics or in the early seasons of Smallville.

But it wasn't an unusual occurrence. He might not have been the Punisher and I might have been a bit hyperbolic but it wasn't totally unheard off.

edit: maybe I am wrong:

First, the facts: In the stories immediately after his first appearance in 1939, Batman did carry a gun and had a much more casual attitude towards the death of his opponents that saw him occasionally killing people. In fact, in his Original Encyclopedia of Comic Book Heroes, Michael Fleisher describes the first year of Golden Age Batman stories as having a “grim brutality” in which “easily a score of criminals die by his hand.”
The most common example of this aspect of the early Batman stories — probably because of how much it’s been reprinted over the years — is his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, in which Batman slugs a ne’er-do-well so hard that he falls into a vat of acid…

…and responds with a brusque “a fitting end for his kind.” There’s just no way around it: the Batman who appears in “The Case of the Chemical Syndicate” is a stone cold killer, and the following issues, where he packs an automatic and occasionally stomps a dude to death seem to back that up:

But I think there’s a misconception among a lot of readers that this was the original intent of the creators, and that the murderous, gun-toting Batman persisted until Dr. Wertham or the Comics Code or even the 1966 TV show arrived and forced a change that toned him down. But by going back and reading through those first couple years of Batman stories, it’s easy to see that this wasn’t the case at all. The fact of the matter is that this “original” version of Batman lasted about two years.

Read More: Ask Chris (About Batman) #54: Why Doesn’t Batman Kill? | http://comicsalliance.com/batman-kills/?trackback=tsmclip

More calm than I thought they'd be. I guess at some level all of them weren't expecting much. They liked what they thought they would and didn't like what they were shaky on. Like Martin said it wasn't even surprising in the ways in which it was bad

burgervan

It's hilarious seeing all these youtube reviewers going so far out of their way to preemptively deflect the fanboy hate coming their way. Every review starts with half-hearted praise for the positive elements of BVS, but they don't really come alive until they're talking about what a mess it is.

Watched their Batman v Superman review. still cautious, but some people still liked it. Whatever happened to the dark skinned brotha? I haven't seen him in a while.

Top Bottom