• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

SArcher

Banned
Funny how when talking about the Mother trailer they called BS on Jennifer Lawrence (26) being shacked up with a 48-year-old Javier Bardem but in real life she is shacked up with Darren Aronofsky, who is 48 years old.

Funny how when talking about the Mother trailer they called BS on Jennifer Lawrence (26) being shacked up with a 48-year-old Javier Bardem but in real life she is shacked up with Darren Aronofsky, who is 48 years old.

I think it's because Javier Bardem looks more his age so it looks a bit jarring on screen.

Harmen

Why do they still allow that Felix dude to be there? I actually rarely have seen him disrupt shows (only a YouTube peasant at this moment), but see a lot of people mentioning his fuckery.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why does a haunted doll need an origin story

Did Annabelle make that much money

It did. These Conjuring movies and spinoffs are basically free money. They're all dirt cheap to make and the only talent they have to keep around and pay are Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga, both of whom probably aren't that expensive to begin with.

They got another spinoff coming out about the demon nun that was in The Conjuring 2. And its got Vera's little sister, Taissa in it.

ANNABELLE 2 CREATION REVIEW

Prepare for awkwardness a few minutes in.
RIP Felix

lol, Goodwin and Martin's faces when Korey was scolding Felix. Martin was like "the fuck you doing Korey?"

Honestly I'm of the mind they should do away with the studio audience. I don't think it adds anything and I think it makes it harder for them to handle business shit behind the scenes instead of in front of the camera.

kobu

lol, Goodwin and Martin's faces when Korey was scolding Felix. Martin was like "the fuck you doing Korey?"

Honestly I'm of the mind they should do away with the studio audience. I don't think it adds anything and I think it makes it harder for them to handle business shit behind the scenes instead of in front of the camera.

At least it's not like the first year of DT when Korey felt the need to have every audience member be a part of the show.

At least it's not like the first year of DT when Korey felt the need to have every audience member be a part of the show.

Yeah that was even more awkward. In general, I'm not a fan of audience interaction including call-in shows. Answering user emails is fine with me. But having people call in with no media/radio training and awkwardly try to set up their question isn't good listening for me.

Fury451

Banned
Well damn, that was awkward. With a packed house too, that vibe just derails the review. I get why he did that though, after some folks pointed out before what Felix has done (and that he'sapparently been warned numerous times and given many chances), Korey seemed to just shut it down immediately, which makes sense. That was worse than the Baby Driver scolding by a longshot.

I'm in the no live audience camp, but I get that's part of their new schtick too.

Davey Cakes

Somebody needs to tell Korey that wearing your own merch is cheesy as fuck unless you're just chilling at the house lol

Poor Felix 😢
I think Korey's just trying it out to see the response. On one of the podcasts he got an email suggesting to wear the merch once in a while. At first he didn't seem particularly comfortable with the idea but apparently he changed his mind.

Yeah that was even more awkward. In general, I'm not a fan of audience interaction including call-in shows. Answering user emails is fine with me. But having people call in with no media/radio training and awkwardly try to set up their question isn't good listening for me.

It's their way of interacting with fans. You don't get the same audience participation by simply reading emails; them actually answering calls and Skype helps cultivate a loyal community:
Also, who cares if regular people awkwardly asks questions, it's basically the same situation as talk radio but without the mentally dead callers.

It's their way of interacting with fans. You don't get the same audience participation by simply reading emails; them actually answering calls and Skype helps cultivate a loyal community:
Also, who cares if regular people awkwardly asks questions, it's basically the same situation as talk radio but without the mentally dead callers.

I get that and it probably helps build their brand locally in Austin, but as a listener and not a participant, I just don't find it good to listen to. Again, it's not just a DoubleToasted thing, I'm not a fan of audience interaction in general. I used to hate when Giantbomb did TNTs where they play multiplayer games with the community. It was one of their most boring features. Same with twitch donation messages and shoutouts. I prefer they keep fan interaction for the conventions and PAX panels and comic cons and meetups.

Man, that scolding of Felix was awkward as fuck. Pretty much ruined the rest of the review to be honest. I only watch the YouTube highlights they put up so that was the first I've seen of this Felix guy. Who is he exactly?

Sony

Nintendo
I've seen Korey go off worse against Goodwin than that Felix part in the Annabel review. Way overblown.

I get that and it probably helps build their brand locally in Austin, but as a listener and not a participant, I just don't find it good to listen to. Again, it's not just a DoubleToasted thing, I'm not a fan of audience interaction in general. I used to hate when Giantbomb did TNTs where they play multiplayer games with the community. It was one of their most boring features. Same with twitch donation messages and shoutouts. I prefer they keep fan interaction for the conventions and PAX panels and comic cons and meetups.

I understand, but being the critics that call the audience is kinda part of DT's shtick.
If you want though, you can always send Korey an email about answering calls and audience interactions during the show. It is possible he might take it under consideration.
Shows always need refinement now and then.

Did they edit the Felix bit out or something? I don't remember seeing it.
Yup. I personally like getting the review in its raw form, including anything happening in the studio, but people in general get turned off by the Felix stuff so it makes sense to remove it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yup. I personally like getting the review in its raw form, including anything happening in the studio, but people in general get turned off by the Felix stuff so it makes sense to remove it.

Can't blame them. Watching someone get yelled at is so awkward. It takes the review off track for a few minutes cause everybody is still feeling like "Uhhhhhhh" lol

Interacting with your audience is a must on Twitch. Nobody gets big from ignoring their viewers.
Wonder what's gonna happen with the audio when SoundCloud goes under
Does Korey know about this? I haven't heard anyone from the show or a fan bring this up with him.

Interacting with your audience is a must on Twitch. Nobody gets big from ignoring their viewers.

For twitch, it varies on how much they interact. I've tuned in during "donation wars" segments of streams which is the worst shit. It's basically the streamer pausing the game every 5 seconds to go "Woah! Much love to my man for donating so and so amount!" "OH SHIT YOU JUST ONE UPPED HIM WITH THIS BIG DONATION!" And that would go on for an hour +. Some streamers have it figured out by reading donations at the end of the stream. Maybe I'm just an old luddite, but I hate all those bells and whistles and donation messages and text to speech and new subscriber jingles and tip cups and shit. Just goddamn obnoxious.

I don't mind interaction with the live chat though. That's fine.

I always remember Felix for this
JAqVbWM.gif

Other than that, I don't think I ever hear him being disruptive or anything, but I mainly stick to their youtube videos lately.
Wait, which video is this from?

Top Bottom