• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man I got some work to do after seeing the best of 2017 list: Logan, Apes, Detroit, Good Time and even Lego Batman. Had no idea LB was supposed to be that good.

This has probably been brought up before, but: why doesn't Korey get someone (offscreen?) to handle the laptop for clips and screens? There's always an entire crew around yet he has to multitask for that

Man I got some work to do after seeing the best of 2017 list: Logan, Apes, Detroit, Good Time and even Lego Batman. Had no idea LB was supposed to be that good.

This has probably been brought up before, but: why doesn't Korey get someone (offscreen?) to handle the laptop for clips and screens? There's always an entire crew around yet he has to multitask for that
Lego Batman was rather boring for me and my wife, and we both loved The Lego Movie and generally like batman and comic book movies. I would lower your expectations going into it.

When you say an entire crew are you talking about the audience? Cuz if so I think they're just an audience rather than people working on the show, no?

Davey Cakes

Lego Batman was rather boring for me and my wife, and we both loved The Lego Movie and generally like batman and comic book movies. I would lower your expectations going into it.
I was THOROUGHLY entertained by Lego Batman: The Movie and I had high expectations. Found it downright hilarious and visually stunning. Surprised you found it boring.

Of course, The Lego Movie is strong competition. When I first saw it I thought it was easily one of the best "kid's movies" ever made. It just oozes with quality and humor.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

When you say an entire crew are you talking about the audience? Cuz if so I think they're just an audience rather than people working on the show, no?

Yeah I know, but I don't get why they haven't let someone else do the clip/photo duties. I guess Korey's insists on doing it himself.

I'm addicted to the bad movie reviews. Any more recommendations on that front, new and old? I've watched and loved

- TF: Last Knight
- King Arthur (so much morbid curiosity for that movie now. Martial arts in an Arthur movie? "dude has a class at the strip mall" lol)
- Baywatch
- The Mummy
- Emoji movie
- Rings

Or any hilarious reviews in general. I couldn't sleep last night so I watched a bunch, DT has become my favorite yt channel.

Harmen

Yeah I know, but I don't get why they haven't let someone else do the clip/photo duties. I guess Korey's insists on doing it himself.

I'm addicted to the bad movie reviews. Any more recommendations on that front, new and old? I've watched and loved

- King Arthur (so much morbid curiosity for that movie now. Martial arts in an Arthur movie? "dude has a class at the strip mall" lol)
- Baywatch
- The Mummy
- Emoji movie
- Rings

Or any hilarious reviews in general. I couldn't sleep last night so I watched a bunch, DT has become my favorite yt channel.

I love their Suicide Squad review (and the other clip about Leto Joker in that music video). And an old one of Alvin and the Chipmunks is hilarious.

Cvie

- Baywatch
- The Mummy
- Emoji movie
- Rings

The Identical might be my favourite review of theirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvrk2_ewUG0

Neece

Korey is a control freak when it comes to his show. He feels the need to micromanage and have his fingerprint on almost everything. He's been called out before by his other hosts, especially when it came time for him to go on vacation and leave Goodwin in charge. It was like he couldn't even let go and go enjoy a trip with his girlfriend because he was concerned about them fucking up.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I love their Suicide Squad review (and the other clip about Leto Joker in that music video). And an old one of Alvin and the Chipmunks is hilarious.

Already watched Suicide Squad, will watch Chipmunks

The Identical might be my favourite review of theirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvrk2_ewUG0

Thanks!

Korey is a control freak when it comes to his show. He feels the need to micromanage and have his fingerprint on almost everything. He's been called out before by his other hosts, especially when it came time for him to go on vacation and leave Goodwin in charge. It was like he couldn't even let go and go enjoy a trip with his girlfriend because he was concerned about them fucking up.

I figured as much. I can relate too.

I was THOROUGHLY entertained by Lego Batman: The Movie and I had high expectations. Found it downright hilarious and visually stunning. Surprised you found it boring.
I'm certainly an outlier. It got old / boring / too "one-note" after the initial return to the Bat Cave, I didn't find references to Batman comic lore funny in and of itself, and the visuals weren't enough to offset. I do think I had my expectations set too high here going into it due to the enthusiasm of the positive reviews. Girts ranking it his number 1 just further sets him apart as the reviewer I least agree with on the show. :)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh what is with the clickbaity thumbnail and title on their most recent upload.
C'mon guys.

Oh it can't be that ba--what the fuck? Lol

I don't know why they'd bother, can they even monetize their videos with the amount of swearing? They should catch that while they edit, make more money that way

- Baywatch
- The Mummy
- Emoji movie
- Rings

Mr. Church is a bona fide winner of a review.

yunbuns

- Baywatch
- The Mummy
- Emoji movie
- Rings

Watch their review for Fantastic Four. Probably my favorite review of theirs.

I think because Korey had a team who edited and worked on those things at spill and they failed. So he doesn't wanna fail or be at the whim of a giant entertainment company again so he micromanages.

- Baywatch
- The Mummy
- Emoji movie
- Rings

If you haven't checked out all the links in the OP, give them a watch. All of those reviews are bonafide winners.

Dram

I'm addicted to the bad movie reviews. Any more recommendations on that front, new and old?

If you don't mind listening to some reviews Korey and Martin did before Double Toasted:

Battleship
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
Beastly
Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
Paranoia
Good Day to Die Hard
After Earth
Alex Cross
The Oogieloves in the Big Ballon Adventure
Skyline
Movie 43
A Haunted House 2
Transcendence

Also Martin's terrible experience with the press junket for the Notorious movie.

- Baywatch
- The Mummy
- Emoji movie
- Rings

A Cure For Wellness

Jocund

Oh what is with the clickbaity thumbnail and title on their most recent upload.
C'mon guys.
Yeah, I've noticed that. They're jumping hard on that "TOP REASONS WHY," "THE TOP FIVE" train and it's pretty grating. I assume it improves the chances of their videos showing up in the search feed?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Korey kinda blew up on Danielle last night when they were talking about utilizing people to improve the show. I get Double Toasted is his, but he could really up the production standards if he let other people do something. If you got Will or Sammy just sitting around, why not have them do the camera switches, graphics, etc. Have them que up the trailers and images. 100% agreed with Danielle that he has to let his hand off the wheel a little for the show to grow.

mreddie

Korey kinda blew up on Danielle last night when they were talking about utilizing people to improve the show. I get Double Toasted is his, but he could really up the production standards if he let other people do something. If you got Will or Sammy just sitting around, why not have them do the camera switches, graphics, etc. Have them que up the trailers and images. 100% agreed with Danielle that he has to let his hand off the wheel a little for the show to grow.

Korey is still peeved how Spill went down via Hollywood so it seems he's hesitant to give the keys to someone else still.

tlop53

the camera switching is done while doing the show so sammy will have to be there, Sammy and Will also do background stuff. Sammy and Will both have their own shows. The team is balanced imo, even felix gets the studio to do is own thing.

Farsi

9X2IVBC.png

tenor.gif

Un6o4fr.png

QbNQ_f-maxage-0.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned

- Baywatch
- The Mummy
- Emoji movie
- Rings

Monster Trucks

Davey Cakes

He ain't wrong about the list being made by someone who is 12 years old.
Yeah, the list skews new.

That said, over the years I've always had an idea of what my Top 10 would look like, and I think after RE4 all the way back in 2005, no game impressed me enough to crack it. MAYBE Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2.

Dark Souls blew me away when I played it for the first time last year. I had no idea what I was missing. Easily up there with games like Super Metroid/Metroid Prime, REmake/RE4, Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time, Half-Life 1/2, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FFVII, Yoshi's Island, Castlevania III/SotN, Mega Man 2/3, and a slew of others (the list goes on and on as I've been gaming for 25 years) that I'd consider the all-time greatest and most memorable games ever. I could easily see myself putting DS in the top 10 if I had to keep it to one game per series. Probably wouldn't make the Top 5 though.

Honestly, making and justifying those sorts of lists seems like a fool's errand anyway. There are countless amazing games out there and everyone has their own opinion on what counts.

He ain't wrong about the list being made by someone who is 12 years old.

People who love Bloodborne REALLY LOVE Bloodborne. I've heard from a lot of people say that they consider that game to be the greatest of all time. And honestly I can't blame them. Seeing them play that game on Twitch and going in deep with the lore is magical. The same goes for Dark Souls.

Farsi

IT Review Scores

Coleman:
a very small inch away from Full Price
Girts:
Very Enthusiastic Full Price
Goodwin:
Full Price
Martin:
High Matinee

All of them agree it's a very fun movie.

IT Review Scores

Coleman:
a very small inch away from Full Price
Girts:
Very Enthusiastic Full Price
Goodwin:
Full Price
Martin:
High Matinee

All of them agree it's a very fun movie.

Nice to hear the clown get-ups weren't for nothing.

Corey and Martin saying Stranger Things did IT better killed my inner fanboy. My brain screamed saying "IT is acting inconsistent because IT cares much more about scaring prey over a stretch of time rather than finishing children off immediately" and "The people surrounding the Losers club are one-dimensional because they're warped by Derry's relationship with IT" and "Kids really do bully each other to the point of attempted murder, yall just weren't raised with white trash" and "Of course Stranger Things had better character development! It was 4 times the length!" and "Why the fuck is there no discussion on how gorgeous this movie is?!"

Then I needed to calm down and remind myself that I'm a 28 year old man with a job and a family and more important things to worry about.

That being said, I'm glad they liked it, and I'm glad they appreciate that Stranger Things is better than more people give it credit for.

Neece

Do you have a time stamp?

Top Bottom