• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Monster Trucks

Just watched this. Had no idea that movie existed. Is that story behind the movie true? It's actually some exec's kid's idea? What a glorious failure this is. I checked the budget and it was actually 125 mil. wow.

Huh and one of the guys with a writing credit actually was part of the Trevorrow Ep IX script lol

caliph95

Just watched this. Had no idea that movie existed. Is that story behind the movie true? It's actually some exec's kid's idea? What a glorious failure this is. I checked the budget and it was actually 125 mil. wow.
Apparently so

Which makes it hilarious

Dram

It's from the last Sunday Service show. After listening to him bend over backwards to defend Pewdiepie, I really hope they don't bring that kid on anymore.

Watched the first few seconds and then noped out. Definitely not in the mood right now. Ugh.

"I mean this is like the only time he said it"

Fuck off.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
He's a kid. He still has time to grow and learn. I'm not gonna be angry at him for being ignorant on this topic.

It's pretty telling of exactly what they were talking about. The guy said it like nothing and the kid was defending him like it was nothing. That's the problem.

It's pretty telling of exactly what they were talking about. The guy said it like nothing and the kid was defending him like it was nothing. That's the problem.

I'm not gonna lie, at that age I would have probably said something stupid like that. I didn't really have my wake up call until I was like 22 - 23.

kewlmyc

The kid is just some new audience member that has been showing up at the studio consistently for about a few weeks now. He's known for having shitty opinions due to being like 15 years old. I think him mom just drops him off at the studio.

Skittles

I may have used it way more in high school, but I still wouldn't of tolerated a random white person saying it. Especially not with a hard r

The kid is just some new audience member that has been showing up at the studio consistently for about a few weeks now. He's known for having shitty opinions due to being like 15 years old. I think him mom just drops him off at the studio.

Like Coleman said, it's a makeshift Double Toasted after-school program.

Yeah, not angry at the kid. The "Fuck off" wasn't aimed at anyone personally, just more the situation. Will watch it later, just not right now.

diaspora

w6ippsX.png

gosox333

At 15, which was 3 years ago, I knew shit like that wasn't okay. Now had you caught me at 14, things would be a bit different

It's not a constant though. People are constantly changing at a different pace, especially throughout their teens.

Jesus I don't even want to think about how crude I was at even 18 compared to now.

LionPride

Banned
It upsets me because I know more and more black youths are becomin okay with white people they know sayin nigga, but PDP said Nigger. Neither is okay for white folks to say but Nigger ain't okay for anyone to say, period.

Dynomutt

It upsets me because I know more and more black youths are becomin okay with white people they know sayin nigga, but PDP said Nigger. Neither is okay for white folks to say but Nigger ain't okay for anyone to say, period.

Posted this before and still feel the same way.

Sad when even black kids get desensitized to the word. That's what they want though. To dumb brothers down so even they don't know their own worth. Kid is lost and I'd not be surprised if more were out there (we know they are out there...)

Damn shame. This is not an isolated incident and displays the ignorance of the gaming community and people as a whole. Really sad all around.

Remember what just happened but they were just playing...Right.

New Hampshire family says 8-year-old biracial boy injured after he was hung from a tree.

Keep it mind this was done by teenagers but they we just playing...

Dabanton

That kid's take on the incident deeply saddened me.

Not surprised at his reaction. we live in an era where many of these kids have grown up very comfortable.

In a way it will be sad when he gets his wake up call. Some black people never recover from that truth.

Yeah, as infuriating as that kid was he's 16 and I can understand being that age and having some dumb views about the world. Some people think that seeing "both sides" makes you more enlightened somehow. As if there's any deep insight to be gained from trying to empathize with a racist.

Mesousa

Banned
That kid is hip hop generation's chickens coming home to roost.

How else is he supposed to act when he grew up in a world when dudes sat back quietly, and grinning, as Eminem talked shit about black women and faced no consequences? This is the status quo for him.

LionPride

Banned
I wonder who it was. I swear I saw one where Michael said it. He's also been with the company for around 5 years now. I also wonder how that situation would be handled now.

Kdin, I forgot to use her favored pronouns so my bad on that one, but Kdin used to say nigger and the f word, a lot, probably grew but just came to my mind thinkin bout my youth

Choomp

Banned
How exactly does their dynamic with all the people just hanging out with them work? Do they usually just sometimes call someone on the show like that? Cause maybe the kid shouldn't have been involved in this topic...

mreddie

How exactly does their dynamic with all the people just hanging out with them work? Do they usually just sometimes call someone on the show like that? Cause maybe the kid shouldn't have been involved in this topic...

I think that's the kid who Korey has been mentoring for awhile.

Magwik

Banned
I was homophobic as a teen and probably would have been transphobic as well so I'm not going to be too harsh on the kid
I was very close to the same at 13/14 and wouldn't have changed unless I was challenged about it on a Microsoft Zune forum of all places.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I think that's the kid who Korey has been mentoring for awhile.
Nah, that one was an orphan and physically imposing (as per Korey's description). He was originally mentoring two brothers too, but one of them kind of lost interest iirc.

Plus, from the way Korey spoke about those brothers from the mentorship I don't think either of them would be alright with a white guy saying nigger.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Feel bad for that kid, honestly. Maybe being around the Toasted crew will help him get that wakeup call.

Guess kids aren't as woke as we'd like to think. We might have to do more than just let all the old racists die.

After watching this video, I was nervous my son may have the same views like this dummy. Asked him about PDP controversy, thankfully he and his friends don't watch him. Asked him if any of his friends use the n-word during their gaming session and he says no and that they would never use such language. So I still have hope for this generation.

Top Bottom