• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT2| Unlimited Crowns, Limited Skooma

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

lazygecko

After level 50 you start earning points for the champion system, which is sort of like the old WoW talents (although not class-specific). You allocate points into the constellation trees for passive bonuses as well as some proc effects. I think there either is or there will be a hard cap imposed on the amount of champion points you can earn.

Champion points earned also apply to your entire account, so any points you earn can also be used for any other character no matter the level. You just need to be veteran to earn new points.

Speely

Banned
After level 50 you start earning points for the champion system, which is sort of like the old WoW talents (although not class-specific). You allocate points into the constellation trees for passive bonuses as well as some proc effects. I think there either is or there will be a hard cap imposed on the amount of champion points you can earn.

Champion points earned also apply to your entire account, so any points you earn can also be used for any other character no matter the level. You just need to be veteran to earn new points.

Correct. But more specifically, there is now a cap of 501 Champion Points. They plan to increase this cap via expansions. Note that 501 is quite a high cap even now for anyone not fanatical about progression. So for the time being it sorta works as subtly-incremental progression.

The way it works: any experience you gain with a character level 50 or over (i.e. VR1+ currently) translates into Champion Points for EVERY toon you have. It's kinda cute when you start out an alt and have hundreds of CP to spend, tbh, but I don't like the system overall.

My problem is that it encourages homogenization with the way the Champion system works (every constellation has money stars within it, and everyone takes them.) I would love it if they made it a "path" system that required one to choose some advantages at the exclusion of others, but as it stands it is a barely-disguised vertical progression system by which the most viable avenues are taken by almost everyone since potentially high values are achievable by everyone. There are no sacrifices to be made by virtue of potential...only by virtue of time invested and eventually-rising caps.

On a positive note: I have been having a TON of fun and kicking ass leveling the least popular build type in the game, and it's all I ever play now. So it's not all bad :)

Edit: also the offer still stands - get at me in-game if you want some free gear, newer peeps: @Speely on the NA PC server. Despite my above tantrum, this is my favorite game currently. :)

Is the Gaf guild on ps4 still pretty active, or am I better going for PC? (I have an i7 920 and gtx285, may have to upgrade)

I played about 30 hours on my Xbox with a friend when it launched, but then he quit and I haven't played since. I was pretty mixed on whether I like it or not, kind of want to try again.

kris.

Banned
so i just started last night and ooh boy this is overwhelming. not too sure i wanna stick with a nightblade either based on what i've read online. are dragonknights still best for dishing out pure dps?

edit: secondary question. what's the deal with DLC? if i signed up for a subscription for a month or two do i get all of the DLC already released or just stuff that is released while i have the subscription? and if i do get that previously-released DLC, do i keep it after my sub runs out?

so i just started last night and ooh boy this is overwhelming. not too sure i wanna stick with a nightblade either based on what i've read online. are dragonknights still best for dishing out pure dps?

edit: secondary question. what's the deal with DLC? if i signed up for a subscription for a month or two do i get all of the DLC already released or just stuff that is released while i have the subscription? and if i do get that previously-released DLC, do i keep it after my sub runs out?

You get access to all the dlc area as long as you are subscribed.

gossi

I reviewed the Dark Brotherhood expansion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1fZIIp7_RI

My advice: don't worry. Stop reading The Interwebs. Just play the game. If you're aiming to be in the top 1% of players, it's a full time job. If you're aiming to have fun, just play.

lazygecko

I noticed that they've added actual extra geometry to the newer armor models in the game, so it looks like actual armor and not just a different texture on your body. That's something I've always wanted. The chest piece I got from a random dungeon looked hideous though. Maybe because I'm wearing it with older armor sets that don't have the extra 3D detail. I just decided screw it, if I'm gonna look like a clown I may as well go all the way.

eso2016-05-0316-13-18jwkxz.jpg

lazygecko

Vvardenfell (the island Morrowind takes place in) has been datamined from the Dark Brotherhood PTS. Whether it's the next slated DLC or not is anyone's guess. Going by the strings found, it seems it will be tied into player housing.

And here are some screenshot comparisons of Anvil and Kvatch in TESO and Oblivion.

http://imgur.com/a/2SE95

Well i Just built my fancy new beast of a desktop yesterday. I am starting to download ESO right now, but I will be sure to post up some screenshots comparing the difference between what I had and what i have now.

So I played this upon release and reached veteran 3 or 4 with sorcerer and werewolf unlocked.

Logged on after a long break and noticed all my skill points etc had been reset.

Annoying especially when I felt quite good with my character as it was.

lazygecko

So I played this upon release and reached veteran 3 or 4 with sorcerer and werewolf unlocked.

Logged on after a long break and noticed all my skill points etc had been reset.

Annoying especially when I felt quite good with my character as it was.

Well, pretty much all MMOs do that after extensive balance revisions and skill overhauls, and TESO has gone through more than a few since its release. Considering that respeccing costs gold, I consider it a bonus more than anything.

I noticed that there's a new "personality" tab under Collections on the PTS, which appears to be a way to customize your character's animations. Seems to cover stances and movements.

Did some more tweaking to my ReShade preset and this is what it looks like now. Took some screenshots of Hew's Bane (the Thieves Guild area) which looks quite nice.

Started this game up again because of the DB patch. Is group finder broken? Or does no one use it? 2 hours in queue as healer/tank and nothing.

Why the hell does it cost 150 Rubedo leather to make a Champion 160 Jack? It only costs 15 to make a 150...

Apparently it is intended. It just seems like a bunch of BS to make a 10x cost increase for such a small stat difference.

Meccs

Can anyone help me get back into the game? I have a Lvl 25 Imperial Templar and all my skill got reset. I can't remember anything. I just want a good build to continue leveling, so a PvE build. I tried do Google/Youtube but all the build are for max level or PvP stuff.

Doc_Drop

Took the plunge yesterday due to the Steam sale. I've played a good number of the previous Elder Scrolls titles but I'm new to MMOs. I've gone Daggerfall Covenant and I honestly picked it up to solo PvE but I have a couple of quick questions.

- The quests so far seem very limited in scope (I'll admit I'm probably still in the early stages of the game, bopping around the first big area after the tutorial), is it worth just heading out into the rest of the world, can I even do that?
- Are all the enemies static respawns or when I get out into the rest of the map do they become more thought through? ie Bandit camps, dungeons, etc

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this has been covered previously

IceIpor

Is the community dead on PC now?

Just bought a copy off of GMG, but a little dismayed at the post frequency in here vs console thread.

Gothos

There is console thread? :)

Anyway, there is a lot of people playing on PC. Just because the game is not that popular on GAF doesn't mean it's dead :) I came back to playing a week ago and have lots of fun (only that fucking LFG tool could be better...). Stick to reddit imho.

Since it can be had for $16 on GMG, is it worth grabbing at that price? Can I play and basically do anything (outside of Imperial being on any faction) without paying for the Plus membership and have the full experience? What DLC does ESO Tamriel Unlimited have?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Since it can be had for $16 on GMG, is it worth grabbing at that price? Can I play and basically do anything (outside of Imperial being on any faction) without paying for the Plus membership and have the full experience? What DLC does ESO Tamriel Unlimited have?
Plus gives you a minimal exp boost, a crafting material bag, and a monthly crowns allowance, and access to all dlc.

You should be fine with the base game for awhile, game is huge.

The DLC is great, adding in the Theives Guild and the Dark Brotherhood as well as Orsinium. They are great areas, but you should definitely explore the regular game first.

lazygecko

There's really no "should", since any DLC areas are playable at any level, and the same is going to apply to all the baseline zones once the One Tamriel update rolls out. Plus, the DLC zones are where all the people are going to be, so you can hook up for daily group quests and such.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My character is @nicoga3000 if there are spots in the GAF guild. I need some friends to chat with and maybe help with some early crafting goodies....

Also, I have a really great gaming PC with a 970, but I experience a lot of micro stuttering. I've tried the 64 bit launcher and that didn't help. Tried v-sync, lowering settings, etc. Considering I was just running DOOM at max settings, it doesn't make sense that ESO would be giving me shit. Any ideas?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bought it for 16 bucks on gmg. My pc should arrive this week, can't wait to install this and play it at 60fps. After playing through the console version it's gonna feel glorious.

My character is @nicoga3000 if there are spots in the GAF guild. I need some friends to chat with and maybe help with some early crafting goodies....

Also, I have a really great gaming PC with a 970, but I experience a lot of micro stuttering. I've tried the 64 bit launcher and that didn't help. Tried v-sync, lowering settings, etc. Considering I was just running DOOM at max settings, it doesn't make sense that ESO would be giving me shit. Any ideas?
The game is gorgeous. I can't run it at ultra and get a stable framerate on my 980ti, but I get a solid 60 fps with the setting on high.it took some work but it is worth it.

I shall add you to the guild when I get home in the morning.

Regginator

Hi there, TESO GAF! I have a few questions which I've made a thread for, but forgot I could have just asked here:

Seeing as how TESO keys are ~9 bucks at cdkeys.com (from what I can gather a legit site), I was contemplating whether or not to give it a try. Not necessarily the price, but whether or not I would invest several hours in it. I love the Elder Scrolls games primarily because of their world building, lore, music and atmosphere. More often than not I found the gameplay and story to be secondary to the overall experience, so I don't think they're very important to the series, so I was wondering if Elder Scrolls Online can give me a similar experience? It also makes me wonder why TESO was received very lukewarm at release but apparently now it's "much better". Is there a particular reason for that?

Also, I rarely/never buy expansions, unless I really really really love the base game, so for the time being I wouldn't be interested in paid expansions. That said, what exactly does the main TESO offer and more specifically, what will I miss out on? I can understand content stuff like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood being locked behind a paywall, but are other locations locked as well if you don't buy the expansions?

With a 4670K and 7970 GHz Ed. I think performance should be okay.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The game is gorgeous. I can't run it at ultra and get a stable framerate on my 980ti, but I get a solid 60 fps with the setting on high.it took some work but it is worth it.

I shall add you to the guild when I get home in the morning.

My issue isn't dips in frame rate, it's straight up micro stuttering and hitching. If it were a constant 30-60FPS, I'd be happy. But this is to the point where I've actually fallen off cliffs and stuff because the game stutters near the edge, haha.

My issue isn't dips in frame rate, it's straight up micro stuttering and hitching. If it were a constant 30-60FPS, I'd be happy. But this is to the point where I've actually fallen off cliffs and stuff because the game stutters near the edge, haha.

I haven't had that issue so I can't really help then. Have you tried the official forums?

Also you have been invited to the NeoGAF guild now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I haven't had that issue so I can't really help then. Have you tried the official forums?

Also you have been invited to the NeoGAF guild now.

I found a fix on reddit that required me to make some bizarre changes to the userSettings.ini file - turns out, they worked. No more stuttering!

Came over from the console version when I found this for clearance at my local target.

Can anyone add me to the gaf guild? @timothyonfire

Thanks in advance.

Audioboxer

Started playing on PS4. Glad to see some folks on the EU server as this topic isn't the most active!

Hope the game still has activity at end game.

danthefan

Are GAF active at all in EU on PC?

Can I pick whatever server I want to play on? Game is currently installing some obscenely massive updates.

Dex815

Just bought this on PC.

It is stuttering like hell... I saw a lot of people having the same issues during the whole life of the game so far...

I am running it on a i7 4790K, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM. It doesn't have frame issues, but a lot of stuttering when moving around fast.

I tried a few suggestions (disabling gsync, modify the UserSettings file, changing to the 32b client, etc) and nothing fixes it.

Is it really like this for everyone?

Edit: nvm, a windows process was having a mem leak and keeping 100% usage of one of my ssds, rebooting solved it (go figure).

Just bought this on PC.

It is stuttering like hell... I saw a lot of people having the same issues during the whole life of the game so far...

I am running it on a i7 4790K, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM. It doesn't have frame issues, but a lot of stuttering when moving around fast.

I tried a few suggestions (disabling gsync, modify the UserSettings file, changing to the 32b client, etc) and nothing fixes it.

Is it really like this for everyone?

Edit: nvm, a windows process was having a mem leak and keeping 100% usage of one of my ssds, rebooting solved it (go figure).
Well it is good that you figured out the issue. This game is quite beautiful.

Just bought the game after months of thinking about it. I also signed up for a monthly plan and bought some crowns. Why not jump in with both feet, right?

This download is going to take days. I'm only getting 1.1Mb/s from their installer. Probably should have bought it from Steam, I usually get at least 3Mb/s from them.

My game time is pretty sporadic so I probably wouldn't be able to play with anyone regularly, but I do look forward to soloing as much of this as I can.

Speely

Banned
Holler if you are playing on the NA server somewhat regularly! I am trying to jump back in (love the game, got burned out after a long while.) I am down to help out any newer players with equipment or to team up to do pledges since my Undaunted level is ziltch (I soloed to V15.) Would love to team up with some folks not entirely familiar with the group dungeons and learn the encounters and bosses together. @speely

lazygecko

PTS patch notes for the next big update

Some highlights:

All world content is now accessible regardless which faction or level you are, so you can do them in any order you like (except Coldharbor I presume which ought to be gated by the main quest).

Craglorn content which was previously mostly group-based is now more soloable.

PvP dueling has been implemented.

Each weapon skill line now have new unique ultimate abilities.

New houses have been placed across the world to prepare for player housing in update 13.

There were a few others things I've heard about elsewhere that I didn't see anything about in the patch notes as well, like all the old zones getting world group boss events like the ones you can find in Wrothgar. I also heard about CS:GO/Overwatch style random crates being added to the crown store, which apparently people are getting really up in arms about. Can't say much about that since info has been so vague, but people seem worried about the negative indirect impact they might have like older phased out crown store items only being available through the crates.

Top Bottom