• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

MrBig

Thought I'd share my Skyrim config, I'm very happy with how it looks now.

TESV-2012-06-22-11-34-57-92.jpg

skyrimprefs.ini (remember to change resolution to whatever you need)

Code:
[General]
fBrightLightColorB=1.0000
fBrightLightColorG=1.0000
fBrightLightColorR=1.0000
iStoryManagerLoggingEvent=-1
bEnableStoryManagerLogging=0
iPreloadsizeLimit=262144000
fMasterFilePreLoadMB=320.0000
iNumHWThreads=4
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
[Imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=1
iRadialBlurLevel=2
[Display]
bActorSelfShadowing=1
bDynamicWindowReflections=1
fDefault1stPersonFOV=70.0000
fDefaultWorldFOV=70.0000
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
fInteriorShadowDistance=8000.0000
fShadowDistance=10000.0000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=8192
iShadowSplitCount=2
iMaxAnisotropy=16
fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000
fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=10000000.0000
fGamma=0.9600
fDecalLOD2=1500.0000
fDecalLOD1=1000.0000
fSpecularLODStartFade=6000.0000
fShadowLODStartFade=3000.0000
fLightLODStartFade=6000.0000
iTexMipMapMinimum=10
iTexMipMapSkip=0
iWaterMultiSamples=4
iMultiSample=2
iShadowMode=4
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1440
iSize W=2560
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=24000.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=28000.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=10000000.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=10000000.0000
iScreenShotIndex=3
bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
bMainZPrepass=0
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=25
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=100
bFloatPointRenderTarget=0
sD3DDevice="ENB"
bFXAAEnabled=0
iShadowMapResolution=4096
fShadowBiasScale=0.2500
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iAdapter=0
iShadowFilter=4
bTransparencyMultisampling=1
bDrawShadows=1
iPresentInterval=0
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bDeferredShadows=1
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=1
fGrassStartFadeDistance=14000.0000
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=28000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000
bDrawShaderGrass=1
[MAIN]
bGamepadEnable=1
bCrosshairEnabled=1
fHUDOpacity=0.3000
bSaveOnPause=1
bSaveOnTravel=1
bSaveOnWait=1
bSaveOnRest=1
fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=150000.0000
[GamePlay]
bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=1
bShowQuestMarkers=1
iDifficulty=2
[Interface]
bDialogueSubtitles=1
bGeneralSubtitles=0
bShowCompass=1
fMouseCursorSpeed=1.0000
[Controls]
fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=3.5500
fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0125
bAlwaysRunByDefault=1
bInvertYValues=0
bGamePadRumble=1
bMouseAcceleration=0
bUseKinect=0
[Particles]
iMaxDesired=700
[SaveGame]
fAutosaveEveryXMins=15.0000
[AudioMenu]
fAudioMasterVolume=4.0000
fVal7=1.0000
uID7=0
fVal6=1.0000
uID6=0
fVal5=1.0000
uID5=0
fVal4=1.0000
uID4=0
fVal3=0.5000
uID3=466532
fVal2=0.8000
uID2=554685
fVal1=0.8000
uID1=1007612
fVal0=1.0000
uID0=94881
[Clouds]
fCloudLevel2Distance=262144.0000
fCloudLevel1Distance=32768.0000
fCloudLevel0Distance=16384.0000
fCloudNearFadeDistance=9000.0000
[TerrainManager]
fTreeLoadDistance=125000.0000
fBlockMaximumDistance=350000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=140000.0000
fBlockLevel0Distance=70000.0000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.5000
bShowLODInEditor=0
fBlockLoadDistanceLow=50000.0000
fBlockLoadDistance=125000.0000
fHighBlockLoadDistanceLow=50000.0000
[NavMesh]
fObstacleAlpha=0.5000
fCoverSideHighAlpha=0.8000
fCoverSideLowAlpha=0.6500
fEdgeFullAlpha=1.0000
fEdgeHighAlpha=0.7500
fEdgeLowAlpha=0.5000
fTriangleFullAlpha=0.7000
fTriangleHighAlpha=0.3500
fTriangleLowAlpha=0.2000
fLedgeBoxHalfHeight=25.0000
fEdgeDistFromVert=10.0000
fEdgeThickness=10.0000
fPointSize=2.5000
[Trees]
bRenderSkinnedTrees=1
uiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender=24
[Decals]
uMaxDecals=1000
bDecals=1
bSkinnedDecals=1
uMaxSkinDecals=100
uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=60
[LOD]
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=50.0000
fLODFadeOutMultItems=50.0000
fLODFadeOutMultActors=50.0000
fLODFadeOutMultSkyCell=1.0000
[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1
bShowAllResolutions=1
uLastAspectRatio=3
[BlurShaderHDR]
bDoHighDynamicRange=0
[BlurShader]
bUseBlurShader=0
[Water]
iWaterReflectHeight=512
iWaterReflectWidth=512
bUseWaterDisplacements=1
bUseWaterRefractions=1
bUseWaterReflections=1
bUseWaterDepth=1
[Papyrus]
iMinMemoryPageSize=100000
iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=3000000000

skyrim.ini

Code:
[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uGridsToLoad=7
uInterior Cell Buffer=17
uExterior Cell Buffer=144
fMasterFilePreLoadMB=128.0000
iPreloadSizeLimit=268435456

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
fSunShadowUpdateTime=20
fSunUpdateThreshold=1
bAllowScreenshot=1

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
b30GrassVS=1
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Papyrus]
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=3000000000
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectSky=1
bReflectLODTrees=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1

[MapMenu]
fMapWorldYawRange=3600.0000
fMapWorldMaxHeight=130000.0000
fMapWorldMinHeight=1500.0000
fMapWorldZoomSpeed=0.0750
fMapLookMouseSpeed=3.0000
fMapZoomMouseSpeed=15.0000
fMapWorldMaxPitch=400.0000
fMapWorldMinPitch=0.0000
fMapWorldInitialPitch=55.0000

mods
TSNvI.jpg

The ENB is GAF's TheForceWithin's.

I got 40-70 fps at 2560x1440 on my GTX 670 so I capped it with adaptive vsync at 30fps. 1080p you can probably cap at 60. 60fps isn't important to me in a game like skyrim, more the immersion and visuals are so I felt I could freely sacrifice 60fps on my set-up for how stunning this looks.

The monster mod is probably the highlight, adding a lot more encounters and variety to the game. Everything I included I feel makes the game a more engaging experience by adding worthwhile and well thought out content. It takes a lot to get me to replay a game and all the content and vastly different experience with these additions did it for me. Not to mention it's damn beautiful.

Skyrim doesn-t launch when i use a enb mod. Any ideas what may be causing this?

m using TheForceWithin's mod in tha above psot, just to taste how low my frames go.

Did you get the .113 d3d9.dll wrapper from Boris?
Thanks for trying to help me out Mr. Big, i figure it out myself. The problem was some conflict with MSI AfterBurner and enb. So if any of you guys run into similar launch issues take this into consideration.

Anyway, i went with Confidence man enb settings. Way too bright in the day, way
too dark at night. What's the variable i should adjust in the enb settings file?

_woLf

Probably been asked before, but what is the best female body mod for the coolest looking armors these days? I don't really care about the over sexualized super-big breast body types, just whichever is the most common for mods/armors that look awesome.

Further, where can I find some really cool armor/clothing mods? Most of the stuff on Nexus is so generic.

neoism

Probably been asked before, but what is the best female body mod for the coolest looking armors these days? I don't really care about the over sexualized super-big breast body types, just whichever is the most common for mods/armors that look awesome.

Further, where can I find some really cool armor/clothing mods? Most of the stuff on Nexus is so generic.

unp

Thanks for trying to help me out Mr. Big, i figure it out myself. The problem was some conflict with MSI AfterBurner and enb. So if any of you guys run into similar launch issues take this into consideration.

too dark at night. What's the variable i should adjust in the enb settings file?

My settings aren't updated for the newest enb, I think the last one I used was 102. Things may not look the way they used to depending on what he changed.

Try adjusting the intensity values for daytime direct lighting (lower it) and ambient night lighting (raise it) in the enbseries.ini. You could also fool around with the brightness and brightness curves in enbeffect.fx.

Maybe when the expansion comes out on PC I'll reinstall Skyrim and update.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
whats the best graphic mods for better textures and that

Just been modding Skyrim today for the first time (only played the game for 10 hours otherwise). I love that between the Skyrim workshop, and the NMM, it is very simple to install most mods. Those that don't make use of the NMM are simple to install too. Got the basics installed- UI, new map, blood mod, better meshes, etc.

I've been fiddling with ENB profiles and whilst some of them including those here make the game look fantastic (god rays, lighting, and depth of field in particular), they kill my performance. I normally get 40-50fps (Q6600 and 5770), but with ENB mods, it hits 20-30 at best. I really wish this game had been for the PC from the ground up, given how well BF3 performs and looks :/

Going to just use an FXAA injector for now, and find a few more gameplay mods.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why is every ENB mod the ground so bright its insane how can you like that

Great pics Naito!

why is every ENB mod the ground so bright its insane how can you like that

Look oustide irl when its sunny. Its actually bright! Even in cold climates. :)

hTjEd.jpg

For anyone interested I'll be updating my enb with Matso's lastest wonderful bloom and DOF code soon for extra graphical goodies.

jvOVLwnUmMKP0.png

Playing with some effects
jbskoAO6Rfmwes.png

Ledsen

Great pics Naito!

Look oustide irl when its sunny. Its actually bright! Even in cold climates. :)
G]

In cold climates it's way brighter than anywhere else because of the snow. Also even if there is no snow, the air tends to be clear and dry without any fog to block out light. So I don't get the complain either, especially as I personally hate how dark most ENB configs makes the game.

MrBig

hows this looking so far :)

http://i.picpar.com/cd4cb6bb14f372a057b4f08669a706a1886d6479.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Way too washed out, like you blue shifted everything and limited the color range, ending up with crushed blacks that aren't even black. Definitely want to tone it down a bit.

Naito

Holy shit, I haven't played Skyrim in a while and it has already gotten this good?

If you look and install the proper mods, yes. The right ENB does the final touch.
There're far better visuals out there, I suggest to check the top images' section of skyrim nexus for a quick idea of what's possible.

Generally I look for an improved, hi-res and lore friendly visual quality.
It might sounds obvious but it's easy to have several elements completely alien to Skyrim with all the available mods.
Color balance also isn't such an easy task, this is why choosing the ENB you feel better with takes some time and research.

Naito

Unicorn

Oh man, I go on Skyrim blackout for a couple months and already the game is looking amazing.

I can't wait to see what the community is able to make it look like in another 6 months when i'll plunge all the way into mods.

Does anyone know if there is an animation or physics overall in the works? Something that makes movement and combat more satisfying? Say, swinging a two handed in a corridor leads to you hitting a wall before you can hit your target, stuff like that. More transitional animations would make the world more believable too.

Hobs

Neo Member
Holy shit, those screens look insane, I can't wait until Dawnguard comes out so I can start using those mods.

Can anyone recommend an economy mod? It is getting irritating with vendors having so little gold, and tbh, I feel like I'm getting too much money from my items. The only thing out of my reach is a house currently, and I'm only level 13!

Ledsen

Yeah why are you guys going insane with the DoF? The shots would look way better without 90% of them being a blurry mess...

Oh man, I go on Skyrim blackout for a couple months and already the game is looking amazing.

I can't wait to see what the community is able to make it look like in another 6 months when i'll plunge all the way into mods.

Does anyone know if there is an animation or physics overall in the works? Something that makes movement and combat more satisfying? Say, swinging a two handed in a corridor leads to you hitting a wall before you can hit your target, stuff like that. More transitional animations would make the world more believable too.

There isn't really anything that does exactly what you want in regards to combat. However there's still a lot of stuff to try, but remember there's only so much you can do with mods the game is still Skyrim so don't expect too much change. In terms of combat overhauls the two best ones right now are Deadly Combat and Duel. Duel is the better of the two, but Deadly Combat is really modular and if there is some aspect you don't like you don't have to install it. Its honestly a personal preference thing with those two so maybe try them both out. The vast majority of the animation mods out there are for posing characters or idle animations I don't think there's anything out there that makes the game more visually appealing in third person that I'm aware of, but I could be wrong. The only realistic physics thing I'd suggest is http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/601 which makes things not fly through the air when you kill it, but it also gets rid of the great Giant kill that launches you into orbit and why would you ever want to do that.

I feel like I'd be remiss not to mention SkyRE it's an overhaul of a ton of the games systems and is super modular. I just started playing through the game with it installed and I'm really impressed with it so far. I actually get surprised with some of the new spells I find and with the way certain perks were and I've played through Skyrim three separate times now.

Can anyone recommend an economy mod? It is getting irritating with vendors having so little gold, and tbh, I feel like I'm getting too much money from my items. The only thing out of my reach is a house currently, and I'm only level 13!

If you don't really care about breaking realism and just want to be able to always sell everything you want there's this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2681. It gives all vendors a very large sum of gold that you can actually adjust when you install the mod. If you still want to keep some semblance of realism these two mods work fairly well in conjunction http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8169 and http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8502. The first add anywhere from 100g to 1000g to the vast majority of vendors in the world depending on their location and the type of stock they have and the second gives vendors more loot and gold as you do more business with them.

so i wanted to try the Force within's config re dowloaded skyrim and tried to get it working but everything i load the game it shuts down on its own after the bethesda logo?

anyone know whats up?

squidyj

That's why I use the injector and just have a custom skyrim start that points to a batch file that runs the enb injector app and the skse loader or whatever it's supposed to start.

so i wanted to try the Force within's config re dowloaded skyrim and tried to get it working but everything i load the game it shuts down on its own after the bethesda logo?

anyone know whats up?
enb isn't friendly with some 3rd party programs; ecga precision for instance. Try disabling those.

I'm trying to increase the brightness to make it day time appropriate, while also decreasing the dof. Would like to know what you guys think.

This is around noon game time:

riftenuuk3k.png

r3dfjyq.png

tesv2012-06-3013-13-5z2cmb.png

v22bzvv.png

squidyj

The brightness on lit geometry looks good, the sky looks way too blown out in some shots and I've never been a fan of the hyper-contrast that makes shadowed areas look so dark.

Really a great looking config, but I have a problem. I can almost run it.

Anyone have a config that they feel is a bit less demanding than this?

I will say my 6670 performed admirably, though, considering how little it cost. Heh.

There are some presets included in the zip file which you can use to disable certain features which can help performance massively.

Kukuk

Banned
There are some presets included in the zip file which you can use to disable certain features which can help performance massively.

I guess I should have looked a little harder, eh? Though I'm not really sure which option I should disable, but I'll mess around with it!

Will be back with results!

Top Bottom