• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Lakitu

st5fu
Congrats and enjoy Wiggler!

I checked my email and nothing, I doubt I'm one of the 25% today aswell. Oh well, I still have time to perfect my assassin / evil character for the 26th.

Alas, nothing for me. Guess I'll wait 'til tomorrow, and otherwise wait for impressions to see if I'll actually shell out the money for this.

Woorloog

Banned
Okay, has any "international" applicant gotten into the beta yet? Bethesda forum beta thread rages about it being US only.
Of course it could be that 75% of invites were sent to US people and the rest are being sent to international people?
If the beta is US only despite the implication it is not, it is going to be a negative PR for Bethesda...

Lakitu

st5fu
Okay, has any "international" applicant gotten into the beta yet? Bethesda forum beta thread rages about it being US only.
Of course it could be that 75% of invites were sent to US people and the rest are being sent to international people?
If the beta is US only despite the implication it is not, it is going to be a negative PR for Bethesda...

I'm wondering about this too after reading the Bethesda forums. It seems no international applicants got through even though the beta sign up was for both US and International users. We'll have to see later today.

Hale-XF11

Congrats and enjoy Wiggler!

Thanks! Didn't fully realize just how lucky I am until I heard how few people got in. It's especially good timing for me cuz I'm feeling sick, so I'll be home all week doing almost nothing but trying to break the beta.

Volimar

Thanks! Didn't fully realize just how lucky I am until I heard how few people got in. It's especially good timing for me cuz I'm feeling sick, so I'll be home all week doing almost nothing but trying to break the beta.

I'd be feeling sick if I got into the beta too.....

Hambone

I'm quietly hating you right now. ;)

Enjoy man.

krioto

Damn - the No Stone Unturned quest is a buggy POS!

Got 23/24 stones - been to all locations at least twice and cannot find the last one (I've grabbed the one from Thalmor embassy) - pissing me off having this sit in my quest log.

ajf009

Got 23/24 stones - been to all locations at least twice and cannot find the last one (I've grabbed the one from Thalmor embassy) - pissing me off having this sit in my quest log.

I found one of those stones before i realized it was a quest... sold it off to a vendor somewhere and i don't think i'll ever find it now haha

Volimar

Did you get the one from
your house in Solitude
? People tend to forget that one.

Speaking of clearing out your quest log...

I finished the main story yesterday and want to clear out my miscellaneous quests before putting the game back on the shelf.

Does anybody know what entrance to Blackreach is closest to some available crimson nirnroot? I have like 20/30 and I really don't want to scour the depths for them. I'd rather find, exit, wait and return.

Woorloog

Banned
Among other things. "Oh Ah Viing" triggers "Fo Krah Diin" and "Fucking Kinect" triggers "Pause Game".

Well, then, all you need to do is to figure out "alternate" commands for each command and use those, and the Kinect features work well.

Glad i haven't bought Kinect

Pakkidis

Just got the game and started. Rolled high elf because I wanted to try magic. Is their anything I need to know for a newbie not familiar with the elder scrolls series?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just got the game and started. Rolled high elf because I wanted to try magic. Is their anything I need to know for a newbie not familiar with the elder scrolls series?
Try to actually complete some quest lines (it doesn't have to be the "main" questline either). If you don't you'll end just just running around looking at random caves for hours not doing anything, although to be fair that's part of the appeal of ES games. Just try to get some quests in is all I'm saying.

As someone who was in the exact same position as you just weeks ago, let me say this... you WILL be sucked

This game is just goddam unbelievable. Never have I been so fully sucked into and absorbed in a fictional world. There is a staggering level of detail, endless things to do and see and explore, and countless ways that your individual play experience will feel unique.

I've had it for about two weeks now and have put in 45 hours. I haven't touched a main quest line since around hour 30, and I am not even beginning to feel the creeping feeling that I may be burned out on the game soon. I just want to play it forever and ever and ever (or, conversely, until I get all 1000 gamerpoints. One of the few games I think I'll do this for)

Anyway good luck, and enjoy all that Tamriel has to offer

Ledsen

As someone who was in the exact same position as you just weeks ago, let me say this... you WILL be sucked

This game is just goddam unbelievable. Never have I been so fully sucked into and absorbed in a fictional world. There is a staggering level of detail, endless things to do and see and explore, and countless ways that your individual play experience will feel unique.

I've had it for about two weeks now and have put in 45 hours. I haven't touched a main quest line since around hour 30, and I am not even beginning to feel the creeping feeling that I may be burned out on the game soon. I just want to play it forever and ever and ever (or, conversely, until I get all 1000 gamerpoints. One of the few games I think I'll do this for)

Anyway good luck, and enjoy all that Tamriel has to offer

You should try Morrowind then, preferably with mods... you will be even more sucked!

I stopped playing Skyrim a few hours ago, and when I came back to it just now and loaded up my save the frame rate was hovering around 10fps. Just earlier it was running around 50 in the exact same area. Tried restarting the game, loading up different saves, traveling to different areas, but the frame rate is still ridiculously low. No idea what's going on...?

Woorloog

Banned
It could be a glitch. I had the game slow to a crawl once when a giant spider glitched and got stuck in a tent.

Yeah, physics glitches tend to cause heavy frame rate drops. Regardless of game.

Fast travel or just travel somehere else for some time and then come back, if you can.

TCRS

Banned
After 130h and not finishing one quest line I'm done with this game. I just can't find the motivation anymore. None of the questlines are interesting, not even the Brotherhood. And there's not much else to do.

Oblivion I played for ~280h....

I stopped playing Skyrim a few hours ago, and when I came back to it just now and loaded up my save the frame rate was hovering around 10fps. Just earlier it was running around 50 in the exact same area. Tried restarting the game, loading up different saves, traveling to different areas, but the frame rate is still ridiculously low. No idea what's going on...?

What system are you playing it on? I've had that problem on the 360 a couple of times and I needed to delete a bunch of saves to clear it up.

I've said it before, but it's good advice for all Bethesda console games: Don't keep more than 15-20 saves!

You know, I think a Dawnguard OT might not be neccesary. You guys agree? I mean, the FNV DLCs got their own, but they died after a week. Might as well keep the discussion here, no?

Anybody know of a good place that has a lot of skill books? I need 13 more skill book skill increases for the achievement and would like to get that since its the last one I need.

Hambone

Anybody know of a good place that has a lot of skill books? I need 13 more skill book skill increases for the achievement and would like to get that since its the last one I need.

There is no one place that has a lot of skill books. Maybe the College library? I usually just place the cursor over a book. If the price is 50+ gold, than chances are it's a skill book, as most non-skill books seem to be priced between 5-10 gold.

Top Bottom