• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

DanielJr82

So Revered Dragons start appearing at level 63? Because I just leveled up and fought one. I can feel I'm getting closer. =D

Also, Ebony Mail is awesome for the Thieves Guild quests. Made some Ebony Boots and Guantlets with the "Fortify Sneaking" at 36% each, the same goes for a necklace and ring... I'm wearing heavy armor and those
Goldenglow Estate
guys didn't even know I was there, lol.

Ouch.

Nobody should be saying they didn't see this coming though.

How big is Dawnguard anyway? $20 is full-on expansion price, as in a whole new area with at least one city (not just a town), I'm not just interested in some new abilities right now. Not like I would pay $20 for it, because I'm an entitled Steam user and don't pay that much money for even full games.

Nobody should be saying they didn't see this coming though.

How big is Dawnguard anyway? $20 is full-on expansion price, as in a whole new area with at least one city (not just a town), I'm not just interested in some new abilities right now. Not like I would pay $20 for it, because I'm an entitled Steam user and don't pay that much money for even full games.

A new main quest, a few new sidequests, ten or so new dungeons, a relatively big new area, two new player houses, new weapons, new abilities, new enemies... It expands a lot on stuff that's in the base game, with stuff like the dragonbone weapons.

Volimar

A new main quest, a few new sidequests, ten or so new dungeons, a relatively big new area, two new player houses, new weapons, new abilities, new enemies... It expands a lot on stuff that's in the base game, with stuff like the dragonbone weapons.

More hours of play than most $60 games in a $20 expansion. Skyrim is a victim of its own scope when it comes to "did I get my money's worth?" comparisons.

So I'm getting a weird choppy effect when I look diagonally. Only happens indoors. It's like instead of moving diagonally, the camera is moving, right, up, right, up. Like a stair effect. It's not even in all locations. Only happens in certain areas. Can't really tell how what affects it.

It's not the frame rate - everything is a solid 60 FPS and when the choppy effect occurs, the frame rate doesn't drop.

Anyone ever experience this?

Spazznid

Try locking the framerate to 59.

Some of my camera issues were solved this way...

Also, did you disable some of the mouse acceleration and smoothing through the Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini?

If you're using an enb, does it happen with the enb off?

And are you using vertical sync?

Sorry for the 20 questions, these are just all the settings I would check.

Also, it might be beneficial to try getting that stuttering fix mod from skyrim nexus. The oblivion one worked well.

GL

1. Locking the frame rate doesn't do anything. Again, don't think it's a frame rate issue, because it never drops when the stuttering occurs.

2. Did not disable any mouse settings in the ini folders. Happens with a controller, as well.

3. Using an ENB. Happens with it off and on.

4.Vertical sync in enabled. Tried disabling it, still no dice.

Thanks for the suggestions, though...getting frustrated. I was playing a week ago and had absolutely no issues at all. Just yesterday though, Steam updated my Skyrim. Wonder if the update is causing the issue? Is there a way to "revert" to a previous update?

SpudBud

So I'm getting a weird choppy effect when I look diagonally. Only happens indoors. It's like instead of moving diagonally, the camera is moving, right, up, right, up. Like a stair effect. It's not even in all locations. Only happens in certain areas. Can't really tell how what affects it.

It's not the frame rate - everything is a solid 60 FPS and when the choppy effect occurs, the frame rate doesn't drop.

Try this borderless windowed mod. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4

I was having the same issue and this fixed it.

Have you downloaded any mods that have scripts?

Located in:

skyrim/data/scripts

I had to delete several scripts from mods, and I had a very, very similar problem to yours.

Once I deleted those that were causing the problem, game ran fine again.

Try this borderless windowed mod. .

Can you tell me a little bit more about that? From the looks of it, it looks like I'll have to play with the start bar on the bottom? Or can I modify that out? I'd like to play full screen if possible..

I do have a few mods/scripts installed, but they never caused an issue before. I'm looking in the script menu now, and I'm sort of afraid to delete some stuff in there. Not sure which is the mod stuff, which is the essential stuff. Don't want to break anything..

I do have a few mods/scripts installed, but they never caused an issue before. I'm looking in the script menu now, and I'm sort of afraid to delete some stuff in there. Not sure which is the mod stuff, which is the essential stuff. Don't want to break anything..

If you have any Sound of Skyrim scripts, or just any Sound of Skyrim mod installed, delete it entirely then let me know if the problem is fixed =)

That was the source of my problem.

My younger brother has Dawnguard, and even though we have separate Steam accounts, Skyrim installs to the common folder, so as far as the game is concerned, it makes no difference which Steam account is being used. So I have Dawnguard for free right now, but if I have to reinstall Skyrim for any reason at school and have a save with Dawnguard content, that save would probably be inaccessible or have some other problem. Not sure if I should bother with it right now.

neoism

guys this is left field but I was wondering I have a 225 hour save of my only character.... I have 4 gb of mods both from nexus and steam.... weird thing one day... my save refused to work... so I deleted the mod I just put on and it still was fucked. Sooo I deleted all my mods from steam and then deleted the game... saving my save folder. So I reinstall and all my mods work which is weird all deleting them from steam did was just basically made them manually installed mods. Soo my game works and the question is. It's probably 50/50, but can my save work with a vanilla game. I would like to start a vanilla game so I can remod it one at a time. Is using the disc the only way to install it without mods. I actually though deleting the game would delete all my mods. :/

guys this is left field but I was wondering I have a 225 hour save of my only character.... I have 4 gb of mods both from nexus and steam.... weird thing one day... my save refused to work... so I deleted the mod I just put on and it still was fucked. Sooo I deleted all my mods from steam and then deleted the game... saving my save folder. So I reinstall and all my mods work which is weird all deleting them from steam did was just basically made them manually installed mods. Soo my game works and the question is. It's probably 50/50, but can my save work with a vanilla game. I would like to start a vanilla game so I can remod it one at a time. Is using the disc the only way to install it without mods. I actually though deleting the game would delete all my mods. :/

Did you just uninstall Skyrim from Steam? or did you manually delete the entire skyrim folder?

Make sure you unsub from any mods in the Steam Workshop too before reinstalling

Also, I'd suggest downloading and running BOSS to see if that fixes your issue
(search the SkyrimNexus for BOSS). It sorts your load order and will inform you of any incompatible mods or problems that might occur

Oh, wow! The borderless window mode did the trick. No microstutter at all.

So what causes this? Why does windowed mode fix it? Just curious. Thanks for all the help, guys.

EDIT: Crap, one last thing. Now I have the regular mouse cursor in the screen. How do I remove that?

Nvm, got it. Just gotta make sure the cursor is outside the screen when it loads.

789shadow

Banned
So, I'm currently using dual-wielded Superior-tier Glass Swords, but the fucking favorites menu can't handle it. When I have them equipped, and then use the favorites to equip something else, the swords become one thing in the favorites menu, and I can't equip them both from said menu. I have to go into the character screen to equip them, which kind of defeats the purpose of the fucking favorites menu. Also, one of the swords is unfavorited automatically. Anyone have a fix?

Volimar

So, I'm currently using dual-wielded Superior-tier Glass Swords, but the fucking favorites menu can't handle it. When I have them equipped, and then use the favorites to equip something else, the swords become one thing in the favorites menu, and I can't equip them both from said menu. I have to go into the character screen to equip them, which kind of defeats the purpose of the fucking favorites menu. Also, one of the swords is unfavorited automatically. Anyone have a fix?

Enchant the swords and rename them.

789shadow

Banned
Nope. Might as well use some Grand Soul Gems while you're at it.

-Edit-
Well, on PC there's mods and shit, so it's probably possible on PC?
I just wanted the name change, don't care about enchanting since I'm going to drop them for the next better stuff anyway. Just used the weakest soul gem I had.

Iztli

I just completed the Forsworn conspiracy quest and it totally killed Skyrim for me...

Talk about lack of choice :/ Its either one side or the other..

The Forsworn Conspiracy was a messy quest. I didn't even know escaping with the Forsworn counted as siding with them. When I exited the mine I just started hacking up the Forsworn, and decapitated Madanach quite dramatically. Also at some point in the fight Thonar Silver-Blood got killed and resurrected then died again, so Markarth's most affluent citizen is now a pile of ash outside the inn. The orc who beats his employees also got killed in the fight, so I think it actually turned out pretty well. Not like the game would ever acknowledge any of this actually happened. Next time I'll just werewolf and eat up all the Forsworn in the mine.

Loginius

Oh, wow! The borderless window mode did the trick. No microstutter at all.

So what causes this? Why does windowed mode fix it? Just curious. Thanks for all the help, guys.

EDIT: Crap, one last thing. Now I have the regular mouse cursor in the screen. How do I remove that?

Nvm, got it. Just gotta make sure the cursor is outside the screen when it loads.

It is a framerate issue.
When the game is not running at the same refresh rate as your monitor microstutter can happen. (fraps etc, won't display them because they last only 1 frame)
Windowed mode and locking the framerate at your native refresh rate should help.

For anyone new to the game and searching for "must have" mods check out the modding skyrim thread linked in the op.

DanielJr82

At a cross here: keep the Aetherial Crown or build a magicka-costless armor set? Can't do the latter without an enchanted helmet. I don't think I'll get to level up the destruction spells if I keep running out of magicka, know what I mean? I don't know. I'll keep doing some more sneaking/thieving around for now.

I just completed the Forsworn conspiracy quest and it totally killed Skyrim for me...

Talk about lack of choice :/ Its either one side or the other..
I also sided with the Forsworn, which I later regretted. =/

Dmax3901

So my Skyrim no longer crashes to desktop, but it does just lock up as if someone's hit the pause button.

I've disabled esm/esp and it nothing seems to work. Anyone had something similar? Very common just after quick travelling or after a loading screen, but it also happens just out of the blue.

This game got me back and sucks the life force out of me, but it's so beautiful and I can't stop playing it. I've already played 72 hours in two weeks.

What do you make to level enchantment now that they fixed Iron Daggers from 1 to 100?

I still used iron daggers. With Absorb Health they have a value around 500, and even selling them for less than 300 and buying soul gems I made a pretty big profit. I don't know how Enchantment level scaling works, but it still probably took only about 6 daggers (with the Mage Stone) to level up even in the 90's. Not the most efficient way to level smithing at the same time, but I wanted to get Enchantment out of the way.

789shadow

Banned
I still used iron daggers. With Absorb Health they have a value around 500, and even selling them for less than 300 and buying soul gems I made a pretty big profit. I don't know how Enchantment level scaling works, but it still probably took only about 6 daggers (with the Mage Stone) to level up even in the 90's. Not the most efficient way to level smithing at the same time, but I wanted to get Enchantment out of the way.
Only six daggers? I have the Warrior Stone, and it takes like 12 just to level up Smithing in the 30's.

DanielJr82

Anybody know where I can spam Pickpocketing? It's my lowest thieving skill (at 29) and it's making some of the Delvin quests impossible (Steal a Flawless Diamond - 0% Chance). *Sigh*

No exploits/glitch would be awesome, but I'll hear anything.

789shadow

Banned
Anybody know where I can spam Pickpocketing? It's my lowest thieving skill (at 29) and it's making some of the Delvin quests impossible (Steal a Flawless Diamond - 0% Chance). *Sigh*

Doesn't sound like something that can be spammed, you'll probably just have to pickpocket a billion people.

Pickpocketing goes up really fast in general. Seriously just spend an hour in Solitude pick pocketing stuff, you'll gain dozens of points probably.

I didn't bother with any pickpocketing quests. I just did steal the stuff and plant the stuff quests.

I forgot what an absolute pain it is when you start a new character and only have 100 stamina. I always put a bunch of points into stamina and try to get the Rahgot mask as soon as possible, but Farelhost takes so long to get through.

And it's really tempting to just punch everything as a Khajit, because it's blatantly stronger than most weapons at this point.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Just beat the main story quests.. pretty cool. Kinda disappointed that the Jarl acted like shit didn't happen.

87.6 hrs logged.

That's all since the Steam Sale.

OG Kush

Hey guys I've finally got a PC able to handle skyrim, and Im going to transfer my 360 save. Do both games have to be the same version? As in if my 360 game is 1.2 skyrim will my pc version have to be 1.2 as well?

Loginius

Hey guys I've finally got a PC able to handle skyrim, and Im going to transfer my 360 save. Do both games have to be the same version? As in if my 360 game is 1.2 skyrim will my pc version have to be 1.2 as well?

I think so yes.
Lower saves might be compatible to higher versions, but not the other way around.

Just my guess tho.

Mastperf

Every time I travel through a door or quick travel, any Volkihar Vampire dead thrall I have with me turns hostile and attacks me. I've never had this problem with other characters but it's happening constantly now. I'm on 360 so I'm at Bethesda's mercy to fix it.

Top Bottom