• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Woorloog

Banned
New patch coming

Update 1.7 (all platforms unless specified

BUG FIXES

General memory and stability optimizations
Fixed crash related to new water shaders
Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)

Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)

New patch coming

BUG FIXES

Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)

Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)

Aww, I was hoping for spears, seasonal foliage.. OR DAWNGUARD FOR PC, BETH!

Woorloog

Banned
Aww, I was hoping for spears, seasonal foliage.. OR DAWNGUARD FOR PC, BETH!

I'm just damn happy and impressed that Bethesda bothers to even make patches for this game. Exemplary really and a very nice change from past.
If they could just fix some item bugs (like Ebony Blade being crap)...

I have no less than 7 broken quests in my misc log. How about a fix for that (on 360) :(

EDIT:

How long does it take before the night mother stops giving you quests... I hate to see that in my main quest log but not sure it's a bug.

Woorloog

Banned
I have no less than 7 broken quests in my misc log. How about a fix for that (on 360) :(

Not sure any fixes would be retroactive. Some probably could be but most wouldn't be.

But yeah, quest fixes are need along with item glitches, not just engine fixes.

Still happy we even get those.

Oh, and the patch notes are likely not complete, so far at least one patch has fixed unmentioned things.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
My wife played about 40hrs of this on the 360.. and I ended up trading it in towards a 3DS for the kids.

Broke down and bought it off Steam during the sale.

Holy shit so good.. and so easy to mod with Steam.

I'm 30hrs in so far.. and haven't touched much of the main quest yet but having a blast.

I'm using the unofficial patch, a bunch of graphics mods, one that makes ore glow (so worth it) and a weight cheat (ore and ignots weights lowered).

Any other mods that one would suggest?

Zaptruder

Banned
My wife played about 40hrs of this on the 360.. and I ended up trading it in towards a 3DS for the kids.

Broke down and bought it off Steam during the sale.

Holy shit so good.. and so easy to mod with Steam.

I'm 30hrs in so far.. and haven't touched much of the main quest yet but having a blast.

I'm using the unofficial patch, a bunch of graphics mods, one that makes ore glow (so worth it) and a weight cheat (ore and ignots weights lowered).

Any other mods that one would suggest?

If your wife was still playing, sounds like you fucked her over pretty good :p

Dave1988

So, today I finally decided I wanted to progress with the "No Stone Unturned" and lo and behold it's bugged out for me. Apparently, if you gather 24 stones of Berenziah before talking to Vex the quest won't progress as it fails to complete the "find the stones (24/24) part."
This bug is present since the game shipped and Beth still hasn't bothered to patch it.

FML.

kaskade

I haven't played too much on the PC but I really like the version and am glad I switched over. The mods make it worth it alone just for the visuals. I'll probably play it more in the winter when I'm stuck in the house.

New patch coming

BUG FIXES

HOLY SHIT about time Bethesda. Now can we please get some Dawnguard on the PS3?

This is just speculation from my end, but I'm thinking that Dawnguard (PC/PS3) will be released next week or a week after. This is based on the 1.7 beta patch, which seems to fix stuff from Dawnguard. Give it a week or two of testing, and when it's official, the Dawnguard release will be near hopefully =)

DanielJr82

I finally got to doing the Oghma Infinium glitch. I don't feel right doing it. Here I got a level 81 dude, with all skills to 100, pretty much a demi-god... and I don't want to play him. I did in 30 minutes what took me nearly 300 hours last bout (up to level 59 then). I JUST DON'T FEEL RIGHT EXPLOITING GAMES! I think I'll scrap this save and continue without the glitch. I played for a good 3 hours and didn't see any Legendary Dragons. Three hours wandering around Skyrim and no Legendary Dragon. Whatever, probably for the best; my achievement wouldn't be legit otherwise.

I hate that achievement, by the way. I KNOW! I know! "It's just an achievement." Well, it's an achievement that requires you be at least level 78!! You have to max 90% of all your skills for that! That's a good 500 hours, probably more! Mad long time for no reason. The game was perfect without having to grind or power level for that stupid achievement. Now I got this moral dichotomy on whether or not I should just go with the exploit and close the book on this game, or grind my summer away. God knows I have a ton of other games I need to finish.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What's your computer specifications? Even an Intel HD Graphics 3000 could run it just well enough to get at least 20 FPS at Low. (I crank up the textures and actor fade)
I have such a video card, and I can run the game at 1280x1024 with high resolution textures and a reasonable draw distance. FPS is around 10-20 then.

At 640x480 with every setting at low, FPS is around 30-40.

Rösti;40301083 said:
I have such a video card, and I can run the game at 1280x1024 with high resolution textures and a reasonable draw distance. FPS is around 10-20 then.

At 640x480 with every setting at low, FPS is around 30-40.

I just play it at 848x480 under normal circumstances - it runs smoother that way. Guess we both don't really mind playing in SD if it means a smoother game.

Literally the only reason I'm going to buy Dawnguard (PS3) is for some new weapons and the face-changer Dark Elf in Riften. Vampires have long overstayed their welcome in popular culture, and Beth basing the entire plot around them is mind-boggling. I hope the next expansion is more grounded, so to speak, in terms of the world of Skyrim and its occupants.

Either that or some crazy shit like they did with Point Lookout in Fallout 3. Give my character a lobotomy or something crazy like that.

Oh, and it's good to see that they're still working on memory optimization, presumably trying to keep the PS3 version running smoother.

Trigger

The next expansion should expand on the game's core concepts. I hate how useless the marriage system is, and how easy combat becomes after level 30. Skyrim could use a Lonesome Road type expansion.

The next expansion should expand on the game's core concepts. I hate how useless the marriage system is, and how easy combat becomes after level 30. Skyrim could use a Lonesome Road type expansion.

The monster level tables only go to level 30.

I'm already level 27 after 38 hours in my save file without exploiting, so I guess this is supposed to be a 40 hours game if you count 30 as the soft cap. Maybe I should start the main quest sometime soon, huhuhu~

Hit 50 hours tonight with my Archer, level 20. Third character to break the 50+ hour mark, and still have never touched the main quest. Dude's still waiting for me in Riverwood.

Would it be too much to ask for Beth to add purchasable properties outside of cities? I mean, why the hell can't I just buy a cabin/shack? Just add a random NPC who says, "Bro I got this cabin in the woods for sale..." It's one, maybe two, lines of dialog and a monetary transaction. Or add a house to Rorikstead. That place is such a nice little farming community.

On that note, I wiped out the DB after the Imperials asked me to. Poor Astrid. :( I had completed the DB questline with a previous character months earlier, so offing her right at the start with this new character felt kind of weird. The Sanctuary is now my permanent residence until Beth decides to give me a goddamned cabin.

Lakitu

st5fu
Once again it proves that DLC exclusivity is such bullshit. Feel for the PS3 fans especially. Bethesda have been treating them like crap from the get go.

Dave1988

Once again it proves that DLC exclusivity is such bullshit. Feel for the PS3 fans especially. Bethesda have been treating them like crap from the get go.

Indeed. For almost two months there has been NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER given when 1.6 was supposed to hit and then they release "Oh hai guys, 1.6 has been rolled up into 1.7." No explanation for why we have to wait so long, nothing. Their PS3 PR department is downright laughable and it only shows how much they "care" about the PS3 community.

Trick_GSF

Banned
So it's my birthday today, and my sister brought me a PSN card solely because I wanted to get Dawnguard today. As far as I knew it was coming out yesterday. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

I've been playing Skyrim all week, and I've been really looking forward to the new content. Oh well. :(

Once again it proves that DLC exclusivity is such bullshit.

It really is. I'm absolutely sick to death of it.

Trigger

I feel for my PS3 bros.

I'm already level 27 after 38 hours in my save file without exploiting, so I guess this is supposed to be a 40 hours game if you count 30 as the soft cap. Maybe I should start the main quest sometime soon, huhuhu~

Huh. Never knew that.

BigDug13

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm most definitely finding loads of enemies above level 30. I find creatures all the time that I can't use the Thrall spell on which means they're above level 40. I've gone into some crypts with my level 60 and fought Draugr Deathlord after Draugr Deathlord. What did you mean exactly?

NBtoaster

Many enemies go above 30. Giants and Mammoths, Dragon Priests, Elder and Ancient Dragons, Draugr Death Overlords, some vampires, some Falmer and dwarven constructs...even guards go up to 50.

Dave1988

Run in into another marvelous bug today. The scripting for the Thieve's Guild larceny targets is screwed up and as soon as you pick up the 6th item, you become unable to turn in the 7th item to Delvin. Last time I played I didn't encounter this bug because I lost the item found in Snow Veil Sanctum so I had no problems with turning in the Left eye of the Falmer to him. Oh well, I'll just place it where it should lay after I get the rest of the side mission items for the Guild.

I also managed to complete "No Stone Unturned" by... glitching through the cave in to acquire the crown. Geez, the amount of bugs this game has is simply staggering.

^ Can't you just use the Alchemist's shack down in the south?

Absolutely. There, and the Riverside Cabin, and the Abandoned Shack. They're cool to have around, but an actual interior with bookshelves (I collect 'em) would be nice. Basically some place that bears can't ambush me.

Fuck bears.

Yeah, I miss having things like the Vile Lair and Wizard's Tower.

I've just started my third character, the other two feel like they've done just about everything they wanted to do.

1) Borondur - Daedric Summoner - Breton ~100 hours

- finished main quest
- finished College of Winterhold
- refused to take sides in the civil war
- last seen running towards Morrowind with two dremora lords shouting obscenities

TESV+2012-01-01+17-29-14-77.jpg

2) Atalanta - Barbarian - Redguard ~ 80 hours

- finished main quest
- finished Dawnguard, sided with the Dawnguard
- sided with Ulfric and
killed General Tullius
- finished Companions
- last seen in Whiterun trying to convince two redguard men she's not the person they're looking for

TESV+2012-04-22+00-32-08-33.jpg

3) Going to try a full on altmer mage, who likes to pretend she's Thalmor

DanielJr82

Question for anybody who finished the College of Winterhold: Is the faction doable without any perks in magic?

I'm debating doing it with my level 60 warrior build or starting a new mage build. All my perks are heavily invested in might abilities: one-handed, blocking, heavy armor, smithing, a few perks in Restoration (needed it early on), Archery (wish I hadn't), and Speech (for the 100K achievement). I have no perks to invested in magic right now, unless those magic skills boost me up a few levels. I do have some master robes though (22% cost reduction and 150% magicka regen), and some awesome circlets as well (25% cost reduction). I'm sure I'll find some boots and gloves that would compliment a mage well during the faction.

I've just started my third character, the other two feel like they've done just about everything they wanted to do.

3) Going to try a full on altmer mage, who likes to pretend she's Thalmor
Another mage? Do a stealth build and check out the Thieves Guild.

I also managed to complete "No Stone Unturned" by... glitching through the cave in to acquire the crown. Geez, the amount of bugs this game has is simply staggering.
It's a little ridiculous, even. More than a dozen times I've had to reload an earlier save or re-start my Xbox just because the game bugged out. I've had everything from my character getting stuck immobile, objective NPCs falling through the ground, and the classic freeze-up. I love the game, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't piss me off sometimes.

-Edit-
To the user above this post, I'm pretty sure they ban for even mentioning stuff like that around these parts, man.

Question for anybody who finished the College of Winterhold: Is the faction doable without any perks in magic?

I'm debating doing it with my level 60 warrior build or starting a new mage build. All my perks are heavily invested in might abilities: one-handed, blocking, heavy armor, smithing, a few perks in Restoration (needed it early on), Archery (wish I hadn't), and Speech (for the 100K achievement). I have no perks to invested in magic right now, unless those magic skills boost me up a few levels. I do have some master robes though (22% cost reduction and 150% magicka regen), and some awesome circlets as well (25% cost reduction). I'm sure I'll find some boots and gloves that would compliment a mage well during the faction.

It's a little ridiculous, even. More than a dozen times I've had to reload an earlier save or re-start my Xbox just because the game bugged out. I've had everything from my character getting stuck immobile, objective NPCs falling through the ground, and the classic freeze-up. I love the game, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't piss me off sometimes.

-Edit-
To the user above this post, I'm pretty sure they ban for even mentioning stuff like that around these parts, man.

My advice? Start a new character. Creating a new character is one of the things I love in this game, heck, my original playthroughs were all part of the same 'universe', so to speak. Had Wulf the Nord as Dovahkiin, Sul the Dark Elf as Listener, Rolf the Badass Altmer as my mage and Elizabeta the nudist Imperial as Harbinger. Good times.

That's an evolution I'd actually like to see games like TES take. Instead of starting a character, you start a world and can drop a new character into it any time you want.

It's funny cause in Oblivion I always made mages or thieves, but sneaking around doesn't appeal to me as much in Skyrim, not sure why.

I probably will eventually. One of my options for number 3 was actually a sneaky archer khajiit based on my cat. :p

Elizabeta the nudist Imperial as Harbinger.

lol, now that's one character archetype you won't see in the guide book.

venom2124

I wonder if anyone ran into this problem I'm having. I finished all the story missions for the thieves guild and was just completing the random tasks to get the trophy. I reached the mission silver lining where I'm supposed to speak to Endon in Markarth. Problem is the waypoint on the map points me to the middle of the tundra near a giant camp while the compass points me to a corner in Markarth with no Endon in sight. Is it possible the npc fell through the environment?

McNum

I kind of want to make a new character, but I'm a little worried about making an effective one. I beat the main quest with a sword and board/restoration/conjuration (for the sword) guy, which worked pretty well. Fast Healing is a nice spell, and I wonder how I'd do with a character that doesn't have that.

But I'd like to make another character, that will play different from this, without just getting eaten by dragons whenever one appears. Archery seems like a fun pick. Maybe a sneaky archer with Illusions and/or Alchemy. But honestly, I don't know what's viable or not. Is maintaining a supply of arrows an issue for an archer? And what race makes good archers? I'm thinking the cat-people one for the next character, just to play something really different. Should I go with Light Armor again? Heavy? Alteration?

Trigger

I kind of want to make a new character, but I'm a little worried about making an effective one. I beat the main quest with a sword and board/restoration/conjuration (for the sword) guy, which worked pretty well. Fast Healing is a nice spell, and I wonder how I'd do with a character that doesn't have that.

But I'd like to make another character, that will play different from this, without just getting eaten by dragons whenever one appears. Archery seems like a fun pick. Maybe a sneaky archer with Illusions and/or Alchemy. But honestly, I don't know what's viable or not. Is maintaining a supply of arrows an issue for an archer? And what race makes good archers? I'm thinking the cat-people one for the next character, just to play something really different. Should I go with Light Armor again? Heavy? Alteration?

Nope. Arrows are plentiful and there's a perk which allows you to find more arrows on corpses. I prefer light armor as an archer, but there's no fast and hard rule about it. Any race is good.

Martian

I was not sure whether or not I wanted to buy dawngaurd. But now Im sure, I wont buy it.

Not because I feel let down, but Im angry that again Bethesda has failed PS3 owners(and IM a pc gamer). And come on man, no fucking timed exclusives anymore. No one will buy a 360 anymore and all you do is piss off other gamers

Top Bottom