• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

GeoramA

Hugs said:
Ebony Ore - what do? Where can it be mined?
Blacksmiths sell plenty of ebony ingots, if you have the perk to make Ebony Armor unlocked.

The ones in Markarth, Solitude, and Whiterun each had 9 in their inventory and they cost about 350 gold each.

There is any good merc that you can hire with money?

I'm a little tired of the same phrases from Lydia, and I have money to spend. I saw some mercs to hire, but there are any that are funny or charismatic enough?

I'm a pure melee, so a caster, hunter or a thief will be amazing.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hugs said:
Ebony Ore - what do? Where can it be mined?

Dunno about mined but smiths regularly have ingots in the misc inventory for sale.

Atm I'm level 51 or 52 Breton battlemage. Full set of daedric armor and 0 cost destruction and conjuration spells. 74+ hours played...

KingK

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
By the way, how do you guys spread your points in magicka/health/stamina?

Other than increasing my stamina twice early on, I've been putting everything pretty evenly into magika/health. Spending a level up on stamina seems completely useless to me. I guess if you're a melee only character it would be useful, but I use a combo of melee and destruction, and I never really have problems running out of stamina (plus it replenishes pretty quickly).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Khajiit -- Stealth/One-Handed/Illusion/Restoration (although my Smithing is crazy high from forging my awesome dagger set) -- Level 18

Rocking these:
17u5m.png

MrBig

KingK said:
Other than increasing my stamina twice early on, I've been putting everything pretty evenly into magika/health. Spending a level up on stamina seems completely useless to me. I guess if you're a melee only character it would be useful, but I use a combo of melee and destruction, and I never really have problems running out of stamina (plus it replenishes pretty quickly).
Carrying capacity says hi
I mainly spill it into magicka and health, and stamina fairly commonly.

Kikarian

Hawkian said:
Khajiit -- Stealth/One-Handed/Illusion/Restoration (although my Smithing is crazy high from forging my awesome dagger set) -- Level 18

Rocking these:
17u5m.png
I have frostedge, just need blaze.

Hyunkel6

KingK said:
I would agree with you, but I'm always sprinting in the game, and I HATE running out of stamina when I'm sprinting.

MrBig

DodgeAnon said:
I have frostedge, just need blaze.
The one enchanted with a shock spell is great too, got it from
a bandit northeast of windhelm, close to the Boethia shrine.

Seanspeed

Banned
KingK said:
Stamina is good if you dont use armor cuz you need to run away from shit sometimes. It also allows me more zoom-time with the bow and the extra carrying capacity is useful for a hoarder like me.

Simply depends on your playstyle. I like having very little health and having to run from certain encounters. Gets the adrenaline pumping and makes the world feel dangerous.

Hyunkel6 said:
I would agree with you, but I'm always sprinting in the game, and I HATE running out of stamina when I'm sprinting.
If you take the Restoration perk that makes Restoration spells restore stamina as well as health, all you need to do is cast a couple Fast Heals and you're sprinting again.

legbone

Name: Stig Vidarsson
-level 16 nord
-one handed
-block (shield)
-archery
-smithing
-heavy armor

can't decide between enchanting or alchemy for the last thing to focus on. think it may be enchanting. was alchemy yesterday. haven't put a perk in either yet so still good to go.

legbone said:
Name: Stig Vidarsson
-level 16 nord
-one handed
-block (shield)
-archery
-smithing
-heavy armor

can't decide between enchanting or alchemy for the last thing to focus on. think it may be enchanting. was alchemy yesterday. haven't put a perk in either yet so still good to go.
Enchanting, definitely. It's virtually an essential skill.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trojita said:
They said they wouldn't do those tiny sized Oblivion DLC's anymore.
That's too bad, I liked KotN, although the mini-dungeons were pretty much useless.

I wouldn't mind if the expansion let you go south into Cyrodiil a little so you could see what's going on in part of the world though. Seems less likely than Hammerfell or another Oblivion plane, though. Or maybe we could finally get that Jyggalag daedric quest =V

KingK

MrBig said:
Carrying capacity says hi
I mainly spill it into magicka and health, and stamina fairly commonly.

meh, I usually just take Lidya along with me when I go to a dungeon to carry my burdens, and even then I can usually get by without her if I just drop all of my shit off at my house after every dungeon run.

pringles said:
Lvl 25 Wood-Elf, Dovahlas Of Mirkwood.

Putting my perks mainly into Archery/Sneaking, with a bit Light-Armor and One-Handed for close combat situations. Really enjoying Alchemy as well and using that to get poisoned-arrows and healing/buffs.

This game is quite amazing.. BUT.. the amount of content is overwhelming. My map must have about 100 quest markers on it. Keeping track of who I got what quest from and why is impossible. I'm trying my best to not get stressed and to simply take my time and enjoy the game, but on days like today, when I fail to complete a single quest just because on my way there I find a cave that takes 3 hours to go through, I sort of feel like I will never come close to clearing 100% of this game.

I'll probably put it aside for a few days when I get Zelda tomorrow, just to get a bit of a breather with a game that is less massive. I have little doubt those two games will fight for my GOTY title however.

Lol. This post made me laugh. I had kinda similar experience when I played my first Elder Scrolls game - Oblivion.

---

Ughhh.....I wanna play before thread is moved to oblivion in "Community" section.

Eteric Rice

How do you craft armor for Mages? Especially dragon stuff? I still can't grasp the games crafting. Where do you get recipes, also?

mileS

AngryMoth said:
First time I've put the game down in frustration. Doing the thieves guild quest where
you have to break into the the wizards lab
and its incredibly frustrating. Mostly because I'm terrible at sneaking and haven'y levelled it up at all. I end up basically having to kill everyone, including city guards which will I'm guessing means I'll have a huge bounty. Will try again later.

Even with high stealth rating that part can be a little hard to get through without being detected. Thats about the point where I learned how amazing the Throw Voice shout is.

LProtag

I guess I'm gonna try transferring my PS3 save to a friend's system when I visit for Thanksgiving and see if that works.

Anyone have any experience with this? I have an account on his PS3 with my PSN username.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Eteric Rice said:
How do you craft armor for Mages? Especially dragon stuff? I still can't grasp the games crafting. Where do you get recipes, also?
Best thing to do is craft Daedric/Dragon stuff and enchant it with -magicka cost. You need to put points into Smithing.

Davedough

I read somewhere earlier today, and dont remember if it was in the OT thread or a thread of its own that Amazon was going to be getting more hardcover guides in and for $26. Has that been confirmed, if so, where and do they know when?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hawkian said:
I crafted, enchanted and named them, how you got my dagger? o.o

I'd say he's referring to the physical appearance - that he has a comparable dagger. Unless... he stole yours! :eek:

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Name: Boss MoFuggah
Redguard, level 13
Two Handed weapons, Heavy Armor, Smithing
Weapon of Choice: Superior Skyforge Steel GreatSword

Roaming the land with my mad man Marcurio.

legbone

Ilive1up said:
is it possible to fill up more than 4 perk trees?

i wouldn't think so. i'm not sure how many perks there are but there are definitely some perks that can be skipped. at least in my opinion i think they can be skipped. for example, if i were to go down the alchemy route (i think i'm actully going to go enchanting though) i would only focus on the side of the tree that focuses on fortifying and ignore the poison side of the tree. several trees have two "branches" to choose from if you want. another example is my smithing tree. i am only focusing on the side of the tree that deals with heavy armor since i'm a heavy armor user.

Fomalhaut

Neo Member
DangerousDave said:
There is any good merc that you can hire with money?

I'm a little tired of the same phrases from Lydia, and I have money to spend. I saw some mercs to hire, but there are any that are funny or charismatic enough?

I'm a pure melee, so a caster, hunter or a thief will be amazing.

Check the inn in Riften for Marcurio, an Imperial mage. His lines get old fast but he's wittier than most mercenaries and he's a great companion for melee characters.

Wanace

I'm level 34, Argonian Spellsword. Focused on destruction minus the runes/dual casting side, one-handed swords/crit hits, alchemy, and enchanting so far. Probably will take the perks for Smithing and Archery if I can manage to get a high enough level.

Even though I'm pretty badass with my expert level spells, yesterday I delved into a ruin and peeked my head around a corner to get one-shotted by a Draugr Death Lord with an Ebony Bow. Took me a while to bring him down, but I eventually cheesed him by firing off fireballs and peeking my head around the corner and then back again while he fired arrows that missed.

Finally started the Dark Brotherhood quests also, they are pretty fun. Although I find
Cicero
to be a completely annoying character, I do have to admire his dedication to
keeping the Night Mother and the old ways of the DB
, so I decided to
spare him.
Hope that decision doesn't bite me in the ass later.

pakkit

Banned
Ae'lka - Female Wood Elf - Sneak/1-Handed Weapons/Archery/Destruction/Conjuration - Level 22

I've got a 16 point damage dagger that I've enchanted with 15 points magical damage as well as the 15x damage perk for striking enemies undetected and the Dark Brotherhood's enchanted gloves that double dagger strike damage.

Bottom line: Insta-kills everywhere with 480 damage points every time I get the drop on someone.

I also love conjuring my bound sword that does excellent damage and automatically captures the enemies soul.

ShinNL

For Ebony ore go to
Windhelm and find the (friendly) Orc camp south east. Walk around the camp and right behind it is an Ebony mining heaven. Smelting 2 ores gives 1 ingot.

Zeliard

Soneet said:
For Ebony ore go to
Windhelm and find the (friendly) Orc camp south east. Walk around the camp and right behind it is an Ebony mining heaven. Smelting 2 ores gives 1 ingot.

Are you able to do this at any point in the game?

gate777

Current character status.
Race: Nord, Male
Name: Davos Seaworth :)
Level: 17
Focusing on: Two Handed, Archery, Sneak, Enchanting, Smithing, Light Armour

legbone

i really wish you could buy the arcane enchanter for your house. i have an alchemy doodad in my place and wish i could have an enchanter too.

Midou

I'm like level 33 or something, and I've been sporting the
battleaxe from the end of the companion quests
, I can still kill dragons the first time they land, even managed to do the fight with
alduin, at least the first one?
in a similar fashion.

I find a ton of magic swords, greatswords, axes, but not battleaxes.

Wanace

legbone said:
i really wish you could buy the arcane enchanter for your house. i have an alchemy doodad in my place and wish i could have an enchanter too.

At other houses you can have one. There is one in my house in Markarth and Solitude, I haven't bought the others yet besides Whiterun.

abundant

Olokk the Orc - Level 18 - One Handed weapons, Heavy Armor, Smithing, Block

I'm wearing full Flawless Orcish Armor and carry a Flawless Dwarven Mace and the Shield of Ysgramor.

legbone

Cryptozoologist said:
At other houses you can have one. There is one in my house in Markarth and Solitude, I haven't bought the others yet besides Whiterun.

cool, thanks. i guess breezehome or whatever it is called just can't have one. damn, those others are pretty expensive places though aren't they? not to mention i don't want to live in markarth. those people are assholes.

Top Bottom