• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Midou

Cryptozoologist said:
At other houses you can have one. There is one in my house in Markarth and Solitude, I haven't bought the others yet besides Whiterun.

I have not really explore Markath or Solitude a ton, but do you buy houses from a similar type of dude as in whiterun (like the jarl's advisor)? Do you need to do a bunch of quests in each city? I was expecting Tulius to offer me a house in Solitude after finishing the Legion questline, but I guess it doesn't make sense.

legbone said:
cool, thanks. i guess breezehome or whatever it is called just can't have one. damn, those others are pretty expensive places though aren't they? not to mention i don't want to live in markarth. those people are assholes.
Pity - Markarth's home is beautiful. Dwemer architecture is superior.

Midou said:
I have not really explore Markath or Solitude a ton, but do you buy houses from a similar type of dude as in whiterun (like the jarl's advisor)? Do you need to do a bunch of quests in each city? I was expecting Tulius to offer me a house in Solitude after finishing the Legion questline, but I guess it doesn't make sense.
In Markarth I had to do two Forsworn bounties, followed by a quest where I
retrive the the Jarl's father's shield from a Hagraven
. Then I earned the right to own property.

Wanace

legbone said:
cool, thanks. i guess breezehome or whatever it is called just can't have one. damn, those others are pretty expensive places though aren't they? not to mention i don't want to live in markarth. those people are assholes.
Haha, Markarth is like 8,000 or 10,000. Solitude is 25,000, so yeah pretty expensive. But they are cool places with weapon racks and places you can mount your shields and mannequins to display your armor.

Midou said:
Yes, you have to do quests to build up your reputation with them so they offer you the chance to buy a house. The quests are pretty cool though so it's alright.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
So I'm trying to climb these 7000 Steps or whatever, and there's some stupid snow leopard or something that keeps killing me.

Any tips?

CHEEZMO™ said:
So I'm trying to climb these 7000 Steps or whatever, and there's some stupid snow leopard or something that keeps killing me.

Any tips?
739px-Sabre_Cat_%28Skyrim%29.png

One of these? They were pretty tough when I first started finding them - now I dispatch them as easily as wolves.

Xdrive05

Am I missing something? I have 7 perks saved up but I can't seem to spend them. What gives?

For example, my magic is at level 25 - so shouldn't I be able to "buy" a level 25 perk? I've been hoarding them for, well, 7 levels now and it seems I've broken the game. Or I'm not understanding something here...

Zeliard

It's somewhat a shame the dragon encounter up the 7000 steps wasn't scripted. That was a great setting for a dragon fight.

Gravijah

CHEEZMO™ said:
I did.

I ran right past that hunter dude I passed on the way up and he got taken out in a single swipe.

>:|

How the hell am I meant to get up there?

sneak like hell

Xdrive05 said:
Am I missing something? I have 7 perks saved up but I can't seem to spend them. What gives?

For example, my magic is at level 25 - so shouldn't I be able to "buy" a level 25 perk? I've been hoarding them for, well, 7 levels now and it seems I've broken the game. Or I'm not understanding something here...

the perks are trees and you have to get the pre-reqs if you don't already have them.

Woorloog

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:

Any tips?
What race? If you're Nord, simply use Battle Cry and run like hell. Alternatively a scroll of paralysis or fear might help.

Are the wardrobes in your rooms in College of Winterhold safe? I really need a safe place for my stuff, i don't want to buy Breezehome and i need the money for spells and other stuff anyway.

bounchfx

Xdrive05 said:

you need the base perk first.. it's a tree. a skill tree.

Xdrive05 said:

Do you have all of the perks up to the one you want? To get most advanced perks you have to accept a few small-fry, first.

Zeliard said:
It's somewhat a shame the dragon encounter up the 7000 steps wasn't scripted. That was a great setting for a dragon fight.
Lucky bastard. My best unscripted dragon fight was in the hotsprings outside of the Eldergleam Sanctuary.

Wanace

Xdrive05 said:

Perks have prerequisite skills, so maybe you need like a 50 in destruction to open up a perk. If you want to get that perk you need to get that skill to the appropriate level first.

And also the prerequisite perks as well like Deified Data said.

Gravijah

Woorloog said:
What race? If you're Nord, simply use Battle Cry and run like hell. Alternatively a scroll of paralysis or fear might help.

Are the wardrobes in your rooms in College of Winterhold safe? I really need a safe place for my stuff, i don't want to buy Breezehome and i need the money for spells and other stuff anyway.

i'm pretty sure someone mentioned stuff disappearing from that place, so i wouldn't.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
CHEEZMO™ said:
I did.

I ran right past that hunter dude I passed on the way up and he got taken out in a single swipe.

>:|

How the hell am I meant to get up there?

You are meant to level up, come back and own everybody.

jonno394

Just got my arse handed to me by two dragons near Eldergleam Sanctuary. Fun times as dragons seem to be just like buses in my game. You wait an age for one and then two turn up at the same time!!

Xdrive05

Deified Data said:
Do you have all of the perks up to the one you want? To get most advanced perks you have to accept a few small-fry, first.

Yup - I bought the first destruction perk at level 2 or something, but I can't buy any more destruction perks on any "finger" of that constellation. (It is "A" button, right?).

Zeliard

Xdrive05 said:
Yup - I bought the first destruction perk at level 2 or something, but I can't buy any more destruction perks on any "finger" of that constellation. (It is "A" button, right?).

Your Destruction skill probably isn't high enough. Each node has a skill requirement.

Xdrive05 said:
If your skill is up to snuff, and you've chosen all the perks of that branch up to that point, I can't imagine why it wouldn't let you. Do you have any enchantments boosting the skill in question, so as to fool you into thinking it's high enough? I don't even know if that's possible in this game - just throwing out ideas.

Woorloog

Banned
Gravijah said:
i'm pretty sure someone mentioned stuff disappearing from that place, so i wouldn't.
Goddammit, where i can put my stuff then... the fucking dragon scales and bones weight ridiculously much (as does my armor...). Maybe i should travel to Riften buy the Amulet of Mara, marry someone and move in on the spouse's house, that would be cheap. Of course i would have to find a suitable NPC for that...

EDIT cast Raise Zombie on Dragon skeleton. Just try it.

Xdrive05

I'm a MOR"A"N! No, I did NOT buy the 1st destruction perk afterall. Rather, I did but lost my save and forgot to buy it again after the fact. So I've been playing for 13 levels now with gimped destruction. Thanks for making me check. :)

Chavelo

CHEEZMO™ said:

Any tips?

Post on neogaf and share the pain with us. :3

You might want to kite it with destruction spells and arrows, maybe a quick swing, but get out of his sight if he gets too close. If you want to cheat the system, try to climb on some rocks. He won't be able to climb up with you if it's steep enough, so just shoot away

daebo

Too many posts, so I'll just ask...

I'm running into a problem where I'm exploring and just going into dungeons or whatever, killing stuff and then fighting a semi boss who drops something... Turns out (and this is driving me crazy because it's happened to me twice now) that the item I looted was a quest item.

Problem is, I've gotten the quests later in the game but it's not recognizing I have the item... So, there it sits in my inventory... I run through the dungeon again just to see if I can reset it... No go... SO, it's showing I have it... but it's not recognizing that I have it... and I can't finish the quests.

1 quest is just a silly sidequest about a flute... I'll get over it. But the other one seems a lot story driven and it's pissing me off because i can't 'finish' it...

Any ideas what I can do or am I screwed?

Valygar

CHEEZMO™ said:

Any tips?

I had to do this, I couldnt outrun it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GxqI4Z6dCk

I'm doing the final quests of the thieves guild. It's awesome :O. And I didn't expect them to be so loooong. This game has more quests than oblivion vanilla, or at least it feels like it.

Xdrive05 said:
I'm a MOR"A"N! No, I did NOT buy the 1st destruction perk afterall. Rather, I did but lost my save and forgot to buy it again after the fact. So I've been playing for 13 levels now with gimped destruction. Thanks for making me check. :)
Glad you found it! Have fun spending all those spare perks.

So, with my interest/curiosity relatively piqued, I YouTube'd some Skyrim gameplay; some stealth-oriented gameplay, to be exact.

Honest question: does the way the game animates/moves irk anybody else as much as it does me? At one point in the video, you were crouched behind someone before hitting them with a mace. They just flopped over. There was zero visual feedback; zero anything.

I can't reconcile with it. I think this is why I've never played a modern Western RPG before.

Hey I just found a dragonstone but it's heavy as hell. Should I pick it up?

3chopl0x said:
New OT just in time for my 100%

ilyLJ2qrYYl9L.png

WTF.. How in the? Please tell me your on winter break or something and still in school.

gate777

CHEEZMO™ said:

Any tips?

I did mine quite easily. I started at 7am so it can be daylight almost all of the time up there. I only ran into 2 frost spiders, 2 wolves and some sort of frost spirit. I snuck the entire way up and once it got dark again, I just waited another 12 hours to get it daytime again.

OR

Use your horse and sprint up. Nothing will catch up to you.

Visceir

I'm lvl 44 now and have...or I guess had 13 unused perk points. I maxed out the sneak tree and will max out the archery tree as soon as I get the last 3 points into archery. Aside from 2 points into light armor and 2 points into smithing to be able to upgrade magical items I didn't really see anything I'd want or benefit from.

I wanted to hold off with putting points into enchantment until I had 100 enchantment, just so I could get all the skills right away and see if it's worth it...and how it is, I'll have pretty much double/triple as good armor now and thanks to the Black Star I'll never have to worry about soulstones.

73 hours in and I've yet to side with either the imperials or with the other guys. Although I guess I kinda made my choise when I (DB spoilers)
killed the emperor
...that and I slit quite a few imperials' throats during a jailbreak operation.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey I just found a dragonstone but it's heavy as hell. Should I pick it up?
It's a quest item for later. Pick it up if you plan on pursuing the main quest shortly thereafter. If you don't you'll have to go back in and get it later.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Whoa, which city is this?

101690_v1.jpg

Definitely going here next.

I want a house in Solitude, is there anyone I can marry there?

So my brother got me this as an early xmas present, my question is, does the game have a point of no return, or can i do the main quest and then carry on doing all the other things i may have missed ?

Wallach

Ogs said:
So my brother got me this as an early xmas present, my question is, does the game have a point of no return, or can i do the main quest and then carry on doing all the other things i may have missed ?

Pretty sure you can continue doing whatever you want after the conclusion of the main quest.

Piecake

Welp, got the game two days ago. Played it for about 4 hours and was really digging it, then my laptop died :(

Was probably a bad idea to play skyrim on that laptop since I'm pretty sure that the fan on that thing is busted, but didnt really have another option.

I guess its a decent time to have it break since if it cant or is too expensive to fix, there are some great deals out there for PCs. Think I am going with the build my own desktop route if it comes to that due to it being the cheapest and most reliable.

Top Bottom