• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

On the console version of the game is there to see what level an enemy is? I see scrolls that refer to enemy level/rank and I have no idea how to tell.

Luthos

Anybody else sacrifice stats for weapons or armor that you think looks cooler?

I have a full set of smith-upgraded Ebony, but I think I'm gonna go back to the Wolf armor (also smith-upgraded). In all, with my perks, I think I lose about 30 armor, from 310ish to 280ish. But yea, it's not like I'm having a ton of difficulty in dungeons.

Lakitu

st5fu
Luthos said:

I have a full set of smith-upgraded Ebony, but I think I'm gonna go back to the Wolf armor (also smith-upgraded). In all, with my perks, I think I lose about 30 armor, from 310ish to 280ish. But yea, it's not like I'm having a ton of difficulty in dungeons.

Yeah, I've been doing that. Received an Elven Helmet that increases your magicka by 50pts but I don't like the design that much, so I just disenchanted and now I use it on my current helmet at 24 pts increased magicka.

Luthos said:

Totally. I skip whole tiers if I don't like the look for a given character (i.e. Dwarven). Not so with weapons, though. There aren't any that I dislike so much as to ignore the damage benefits.

It's worth mentioning that I don't wear helms, period, even if they come with awesome enchantments. I like being able to see my character's face.

GhaleonEB

Stitch said:
...and this is why I take my horse with me when I go on exploring expeditions. Makes getting over those mountains a whole lot easier. :lol
Incendiary said:
So here's a story about me being a dick in Skyrim:

I’d just finished my business in Ivarstead, and wanted to head over to Riften since I’d never been there. I decided I wanted a horse, because the trek was long and it’s more fun to ride a horse. I found an Imperial camp nearby had horses, but they were spoken for and I didn't want to get in trouble for stealing one. Then, lo and behold, I noticed there was a dragon near the camp as well.

DING! Idea.

I ran up to the dragon and got it to attack me, then made a beeline for the Imperial camp. There was a slight detour, as the dragon decided to pick on a few bears first and beat the shit out of them while I watched and flung fireballs at it. Then the dragon killed them and turned its head menacingly towards me, so I went “OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT” and continued my mad dash back to the Imperial camp. I went flying through the camp screaming “DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON” at the top of my lungs as the dragon came barreling through the camp after me (running, no less, it decided not to fly and literally chased me on foot down the mountain). All the Imperials in camp immediately took to killing the dragon, and since I’m not a total dick, I helped by throwing fireballs at the dragon from as far away as possible.

Needless to say, the dragon flattened the entire camp, but not before a good chunk of its health was taken out, and after an intense one-on-one showdown, I bested what was left of the dragon and took its soul. Now I could take one of the horses free of guilt since all their owners were dead.

Yes, I got an entire camp of soldiers slaughtered because I needed a horse. Don't judge me.
Stories like this are why I love this game.

Woorloog

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
...and this is why I take my horse with me when I go on exploring expeditions. Makes getting over those mountains a whole lot easier. :lol
What? Horses ignore gravity all the time, not just occasional glitch?
Damn... i wonder if i should buy a horse. Last time i did, a dragon ate it or it vanished for some other reason.

RyanDG

Luthos said:

I'm extremely disappointed in the look of the dragon armor. It's kind of odd that in all Bethesda games I prefer the earlier armor sets to the later armor sets for the looks.

Lakitu

st5fu
It's been mentioned but I haven't seen a whole lot of the other races. I've seen imperials, redguards, nords (obviously), a few orcs and a few khajits. No argonians so far.

I did find a
a ruined khajit caravan with their dead bodies near a giant camp.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
so im lvl 35 now, not really touched the main quest but completed several guilds and done a shit ton of exploring

And.. i cant shake this inescapable urge to just restart and go heavy magic, right now im pure light armour stealth, only spell ive used at all really is clairvoyance for the convenience.

GAH but so much time spent on one character D:

Why can't I remove the
elder scroll
from my inventory? It weights 20 and takes up precious space! Yes, I defeated
Alduin.
Also, got the 100k gold achievement! Bathing in it baby!

Luthos

Lakitu said:
It's been mentioned but I haven't seen a whole lot of the other races. I've seen imperials, redguards, nords (obviously), a few orcs and a few khajits. No argonians so far.

I did find a
a ruined khajit caravan with their dead bodies near a giant camp.
Yea, but I've seen quite a few Argonians in Riften. At least more than any other place.

pringles

The Lamonster said:
only keep one quest marker active at a time, bro
You crazy bro? My map might look it has a marker for every NPC in the gameworld, but atleast I can plan out paths into the wild or between towns that let me clear sometimes 4-5 quest objectives relatively fast. And whenever I'm in a town I usually have multiple quests I can advance before heading out again.

I did the "only one active quest" in the beginning, but now I'd be walking past so many objectives if not for quest arrows. They're the only things keeping me from completely losing my sense of purpose and just going around picking flowers and mushrooms for hours.

I definitely wish the map was simpler and easier to navigate however. Shoulda put in an option to show a 2D map.

GhaleonEB

Woorloog said:
Damn... i wonder if i should buy a horse. Last time i did, a dragon ate it or it vanished for some other reason.
Yeah at full gallup they can climb nearly vertical surfaces. You gotta be careful on the way down as they're pretty fragile and small drops kill them (and you), but they climb mountains like nobody's business.

Though, usually not mountains that steep. lol

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
You can basically walk on the sides of mountain by strafing. Didn't know that you could do it with horses.

Zeliard

I had this one odd physics glitch where both my horse and I go tumbling down some big mountain ragdoll-style, and at some point the horse disappears from view and it's just my body continuing to flip down this mountain, and I eventually crash into a stream. The stream carries my limp body some way till I end up being blocked by some rock.

And then I stand up.

Stitch

Gold Member
Woorloog said:
yeah, they can climb mountains like a goddamn boss. they also fight like maniacs lol.
companions?? pff i've got my battlehorse.

Deified Data said:
...or the perk for bound weapons that has an auto-soul trap. It's nice, if you have spare perks to invest.

I just keep finding new/better enchanted weapons on quests and in the wild so I haven't really needed to recharge anything lol

But I'm starting to get some cooler weapons that might be worth keeping

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
can anyone confirm that i can move the saves from mydocs folder into a custom folder, move them back and they will still work?

Used my shout in the Dragonsreach Jail because a Guard was like, "Is the Dragonborn thing real", showed his ass.

Got a courier - "letter from a friend" mentioning me doing that and giving me a quest to find a source of power somewhere.

Its these kinds of things in the game, so awesome.

Umm...MLP GAF can rejoice.

295-1-1321420051.jpg

anddo0

They really need to fix their recovery animation... Recovering from a shout attack. The worst offenders are the draugr guardians who spam it. I spend more time recovering from the ragdoll animation than I do fighting.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
You can basically walk on the sides of mountain by strafing. Didn't know that you could do it with horses.
I knew I could walk down that way, but I didn't know you could walk up them. Might have to give that a whirl tonight.

Wanace

VindictiveGnome said:
Why can't I remove the
elder scroll
from my inventory? It weights 20 and takes up precious space! Yes, I defeated
Alduin.
Also, got the 100k gold achievement! Bathing in it baby!

Take it to the
college of winterhold and give it to the orc librarian.

Woorloog

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Yeah at full gallup they can climb nearly vertical surfaces. You gotta be careful on the way down as they're pretty fragile and small drops kill them (and you), but they climb mountains like nobody's business.

Though, usually not mountains that steep. lol
Ah, i see. Bethesda devs clearly intended us to be riding goats* but due to higher ups insisting people don't want the ride goats, they swapped the model to horse model.

*Seriously, have you seen goats on mountains? They don't give a shit about steepness. Pretty incredibly really.

The link links to TV Tropes. Be careful if you click it.

Woorloog said:
Ah, i see. Bethesda devs clearly intended us to be riding goats* but due to higher ups insisting people don't want the ride goats, they swapped the model to horse model.

*Seriously, have you seen goats on mountains? They don't give a shit about steepness. Pretty incredibly really.

The wormhole has opened. Must! Resist!

Echoplx

3chopl0x said:
So how do I fix the Blood on the Ice quest if I've killed that person for the DB? I want the house :/

Anyone? For some reason I can't use a command to resurrect her either

Tymerend

To think this wasn't even really on my radar as something I was interested in. Then I see my entire Steam friends list playing and figure, eh, why not.

Now I'm twitching to get home just so I can magically make six hours of my life vanish before I even know it's happening.

Gravijah said:
need a shop to offload a shitload of gems/expensive jewelry. any ideas?
Remember the Khajiit caravan that stops outside a couple major cities. A lot of people forget they're out there when off-loading items. I do, anyway.

Lakitu

st5fu
Woorloog said:

Goats are pretty awesome. I just love watching them. They do not give a fuck. I saw one chilling in a geyser earlier.

How do you solve the puzzle in Blackreach
to get the Elder Scroll? Are these two buttons the only thing you have to work with?

I would love LOVE a transmogrify mod for Skyrim.

Playing a dark elf stealthy assassin, but I feel stupid sneaking around in elven armour. Will be worse once glass starts popping up. A mod where I could refashion it at a smiths would be great. Then I could be in all leather.

Btw once you get sneaking above 50 it starts to become very very awesome. Emptied out a big bandit fort without having to go toe to toe with anyone. The slashing throats animation never gets boring.

Gravijah

3chopl0x said:
Do the Thieves guild and you'll have access to a bunch of vendors that have 4k gold.

alright, that's the next faction i'll be working on!

MrPing1000 said:
I would love LOVE a transmogrify mod for Skyrim.

Playing a dark elf stealthy assassin, but I feel stupid sneaking around in elven armour. Will be worse once glass starts popping up. A mod where I could refashion it at a smiths would be great. Then I could be in all leather.

Btw once you get sneaking above 50 it starts to become very very awesome. Emptied out a big bandit fort without having to go toe to toe with anyone. The slashing throats animation never gets boring.

sneaking works a bit too well. i'm not even leveling much anymore because i can just sneak up, stab someone, and move on. gonna have to slow down and level my other skills.

K1ng P3n

I wasn't really looking forward to the game myself, but after playing for a little the has changed. I'm usually the shooter type, but this game has got me locked down for a while.

Wilbur

Banned
Deified Data said:
Re-posting my character bio for posterity. Level 30 Altmer Battle-Mage.

Thank Talos you done this, I thought I was the only one who had come up with a full character history.

Turin Stormborn - Nord - Lvl 20 - Mercenary - One-Handed/Block/Light Armour/Archery/Enchanting/Conjuration

Turin Stormborn was born 4E159 in the midst of a destructive tornado in the Rift. His mother took shelter underneath a rock face and gave birth as his father fended off wolves hungry for the taste of newborn.

As a child, he helped his father run the local steel mill before the family moved to Bruma due to the rapid growth of the Cyrodiil economy. The quiet life was short lived however, for the Aldmeri Dominion's banning of Talos worship led to 'The Rape of Bruma'; Turin's father was killed, along over a hundred other townsfolk, in a Thalmor led occupation of the city. Turin, now a strapping young man, left for Skyrim with his mother, who fell ill and died at Pale Pass. She was buried facing the Jerall Mountains so Turin could feel like he had taken his mother home.

A small time spent as a woodcutter for Whiterun's inn was followed by mercenary work in Hammerfell. There, Turin fell in love with a Redguard women named Alisha, and for almost twenty years lived happily. Alisha however was killed in a Thalmor justicar's raid on their home, and as Turin ripped the limbs from the bandit with his bare hands, he vowed to return to avenge his family's deaths.

Now 42, Turin returned to Cyrodiil and hunted out the justicar Osceris, responsible for the Raping of Bruma. He brutally murdered him and hanged his body outside the still-destroyed Kvatch church, sending a message that like those 200 years before him that had died there, he would bring the force of Oblivion down on the Thalmor that resided in Skyrim.

On his way across the Jerall Mountains, looking to return to Whiterun and return to freelance mercenary work, Turin is mistaken for a Stormcloak soldier and taken to Helgen for execution...

Top Bottom