• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Renewed

The game was over before it began.... didn't even last 20 seconds ;-;

I'm sure they'll produce another run of 2 Bossiimbos!

Lace

FMwoU0f.png

I'm getting worried Bosman is slowly losing his audience :<

Dmonzy

FMwoU0f.png

They stopped putting his content in the headlines for Gametrailers (at least whenever I check I never see them) so I wasn't even aware he was still making videos. That's probably the main reason for the recent dip in viewers.

Lace

They stopped putting his content in the headlines for Gametrailers (at least whenever I check I never see them) so I wasn't even aware he was still making videos. That's probably the main reason for the recent dip in viewers.

Luckily it still seems to be their most popular show, but I agree the lack of headlines is hurting it.

cluto

Luckily it still seems to be their most popular show, but I agree the lack of headlines is hurting it.
Did you combine the views on GT and youtube? If not, I think those green numbers should each be about 10 to 15 thousand views higher.

Lace

Did you combine the views on GT and youtube? If not, I think those green numbers should each be about 10 to 15 thousand views higher.

Nope, just GT numbers. It does appear that their community is moving towards youtube. I'm guessing the ad revenue isn't as high there, but if I have time I'll update the graph to reflect those (there are about 40 videos missing from youtube though). Makes sense why his boss is pushing him to have annotations at the end of the videos now.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I love to watch most of GT's videos, but I go to their YT's channels.

Rndm

Nope, just GT numbers. It does appear that their community is moving towards youtube. I'm guessing the ad revenue isn't as high there, but if I have time I'll update the graph to reflect those (there are about 40 videos missing from youtube though). Makes sense why his boss is pushing him to have annotations at the end of the videos now.

Yeah, I'm one of those people. I prefer the ease of YouTube, the player and the fact that I know the show runs at 60fps which is nice to me at least. I guess if YT views are included things will look better for the show and going to YouTube will probably make the show and GT in general much bigger again as a website like theirs that mainly uploads video game related shows can hardly survive just on its own website and seeing GT move to YT and twitch is definitely a good thing.

Mikey Jr.

Dude, I barely watch anything on gt anymore.

Their player is SHIT-TIER.

Seriously. I just moved to their yt account. I can watch in 60fps, and the image actually looks good. In their player, everything has this weird aliasing to it. I can't describe it.

Lace

Dude, I barely watch anything on gt anymore.

Their player is SHIT-TIER.

Seriously. I just moved to their yt account. I can watch in 60fps, and the image actually looks good. In their player, everything has this weird aliasing to it. I can't describe it.

I can agree with that. It's still concerning seeing the yearly drop off though.

2013 - 159,000 views per episode average
2014 - 92,000 views per episode average
2015 - 55,000 views per episode average (45,000 on GT)

Hopefully it'll level off around the 40-50k zone. I'd hate to see this series discontinue.

Hasney

Might be worth doing a thread per episode every week like the Jimquisition gets or at least for some of the big topics. I'm not saying this to promote the video, but it might get more people talking about the subject when watching it as this thread is mostly the same names every week and a lot of people have even become disengaged.

My body is ready for the Bosman Patreon!..

My 5yo was really upset and worried for Bosman for dropping his phone, if it broke or not, we were trying to analyse the dropping sounds to make sure what happened :)

My body is ready for the Bosman Patreon!..

My 5yo was really upset and worried for Bosman for dropping his phone, if it broke or not, we were trying to analyse the dropping sounds to make sure what happened :)

I think Bosman would do fine with Patreon if he ever goes that route. I would love to see him stream (more) and review games in addition to his talking points.

Lace

I think Bosman would do fine with Patreon if he ever goes that route. I would love to see him stream (more) and review games in addition to his talking points.
I'm curious what Bosman does beyond his show? It likely takes up quite a bit of time, but I'm sure he has other duties.

I don't think we'll see reviews since he seems pretty adamant against giving scores.

iNvid02

will be interesting to see what kind of spike E3 brings to bosman. Speaking of E3 are GT even attending? I guess things will have to be on a smaller scale now

Auctopus

Might be worth doing a thread per episode every week like the Jimquisition gets or at least for some of the big topics. I'm not saying this to promote the video, but it might get more people talking about the subject when watching it as this thread is mostly the same names every week and a lot of people have even become disengaged.

As much as I love GT and their shows, I don't think that's necessary. The constant threads about Angry Joe or Jim Sterling's rants get a bit old.

Visceir

I'm curious what Bosman does beyond his show? It likely takes up quite a bit of time, but I'm sure he has other duties.

I don't think we'll see reviews since he seems pretty adamant against giving scores.

Well, he runs GT Time, is usually in GT Live and probably helps prepare that show, is a member of Tabletop Adventures and usually does Trailer Scores.

+various streams on twitch, I guess.

Natels

I think it's because YouTube (I watch all the videos there now as well) and because of the content itself.

In 2013 it was all about PS4 vs Xbox One and that was a hot topic.

GT in general has gone down for YEARS now, really would like to know there E3 plans because basically a youtube channel now with a basic staff and a good url name.

Hopefully it does well enough to continue :(

eFKac

It's not because of YouTube, just because Gaf maybe watches the show there, the community didn't move there in strides.

The episodes are averaging 6-15k views (12-15k for the last few weeks, although FB was a featured video on GT main YouTube page lately)

The decline is real, and it's concerning. Prepare to get The Last Levelle from now on.

Yonafunu

I still watch almost every single video on GT. The only exception would be GT Time, I usually consume that as a podcast, at least lately.

DMiz

It's actually really disheartening to see the numbers drop like that.

I will be the first to admit that I don't keep up with the show as much ever since the end of the second season, but have become a regular when it comes to attending their live streams and still listen to GT Time regularly.

Bosman is still funny and still has the capacity to write some great shows - but I do think that part of the reason that his audience is dying is because there is less 'controversy' to write about that affects large swaths of the audience at once, compared to the console wars that partially brought him to fame.

It doesn't help that a lot of the best stuff in the Final Bosman are in-jokes amongst members of the community. As much as we love stuff like Liquid Kyle, to the passive observer, it can come off as very strange or bizarre humor (although anybody who knows anything about gaming culture and have followed the series for some decent length of time knows that it's brilliantly done).

Here's hoping that the numbers stay solid and that GT can stay together. The crew has done a lot to convince me with keeping up with them when it comes to their content and it would be a bitter pill to swallow if they were all split up in some way.

UrbanRats

GT in general has gone down for YEARS now, really would like to know there E3 plans because basically a youtube channel now with a basic staff and a good url name.

Well i usually follow the E3 stuff through GiantBomb and GameSpot (for the showfloor stuff), but this year i think i'll focus on GT alone, at least for the conferences.

It's actually really disheartening to see the numbers drop like that.

I will be the first to admit that I don't keep up with the show as much ever since the end of the second season, but have become a regular when it comes to attending their live streams and still listen to GT Time regularly.

Bosman is still funny and still has the capacity to write some great shows - but I do think that part of the reason that his audience is dying is because there is less 'controversy' to write about that affects large swaths of the audience at once, compared to the console wars that partially brought him to fame.

It doesn't help that a lot of the best stuff in the Final Bosman are in-jokes amongst members of the community. As much as we love stuff like Liquid Kyle, to the passive observer, it can come off as very strange or bizarre humor (although anybody who knows anything about gaming culture and have followed the series for some decent length of time knows that it's brilliantly done).

Here's hoping that the numbers stay solid and that GT can stay together. The crew has done a lot to convince me with keeping up with them when it comes to their content and it would be a bitter pill to swallow if they were all split up in some way.

Well, crap. Bosman is doomed I guess? I'm hoping he can pull a forever-doomed Nintendo out of his hat (never seen him wear a hat). You're right that he was able to surf on the console war wave but more specifically I think the 'Battle of the Bands' bonus bits are still the gold standard of his show. The sketchbook charm and quirky humor is really hard to maintain I'd suppose especially with him being so busy with other duties. More drawings though, I'd slowly kill a cardboard robot with a spray-mister to get more of that.

Hasney

I know that they're planning a lot of Twitch stuff and that the PC conference clashed with one of their streams. They mentioned they might have to have someone watching it and just shouting if something big happens.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
FMwoU0f.png

I blame the lack of hand-drawn characters. Also, when he launched it was in the middle of the next-gen PR launch. Knack helped a lot. The failings of the Xbone aswell. The endearing qualities of Kyle and his low-budget productions have somewhat diminished with GT's rise in production quality.

ilium

FMwoU0f.png

That's kind of disheartening. :(

I think a small plant on his desk could bring some viewers back. Would make him seem more empathic and human. Plants also have a positive effect on mental health.

And I never understood why he got rid of the skyline background. It gave the show a vibe i liked more and would go nicely with the curtain. (I do love spaceships too tho!)

Edit: I just noticed that he actually had two plants in earlier episodes.
Guess it was a mistake to get rid of them.
I say bring the plants back.

Tuck

FMwoU0f.png

Does this include YouTube views? Cause I know I watch on YouTube now and several thousand others do too.

It is sad though - for a time I had stopped watching consistently but now I'm back to watching every week.

Vinc

I don't think I ever missed an episode on the week it was released. Latest I ever watched the latest episode was late the day after it came out.

I love this show. Hope it never stops.

God that graph is depressing.

The Final Bosman is my favorite online show, I've watched it since the first week it aired and have watched every single episode religiously since then. I can see how his show is super niche, you have to be informed about the industry to get a lot of his jokes and I fucking love the stupid lore.

I even got one of my best friends into the show(it's weird as fuck as he doesn't even game much but he still loves it), I'll be super sad if there comes a point when we don't get any more of his show(I'll follow him wherever he goes if the show does die).

wiibomb

New Episode - Kickstart All Over Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfguPQlE8lA

I'm really sad Kyle is struggling to make that advertising at the end good, because I really feel like he cares about his show, and don't want to just put that advertising at the end...

I'm sad because this should not be a problem in the show... it doesn't have to be a problem specially when its not a full part of the show...

still I appreciate Kyle really wants to integrate this to the show in a good way and not just put it and be over with it...

Kansoku

Okay Kyle, you got mix both this and the previous ep ending.

Keep the music, but don't fade to black and don't talk normally about it, but show you "making fun" of it like on the previous ep.

Anyway, nice ep. Loved the bonus bit.

Salty Hippo

Um, he kinda makes it look like Playtonic weren't honest with their Kickstarter, and they were. They mention both in the video and the FAQ that they had a budget prior to it. It's not Iga's exact situation but why give props to one and not the other?

I also don't agree with his criticism for the release date since Yooka-Laylee is months ahead in development and Bloodstained has nothing but concept art. It seems natural to me that the former would come out months earlier.

But other than that it was a good episode.

border

will be interesting to see what kind of spike E3 brings to bosman. Speaking of E3 are GT even attending? I guess things will have to be on a smaller scale now

Considering that GT laid off half their staff after the last E3, I've gotta think that they are all dreading it. I know I am, especially considering that their views are way down compared to where they were even a year ago.

Top Bottom