• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Kansoku

I came here planning to write a good, serious response, but I'm so disgusted he didn't sing an 8-bit tune at the end that I can't.

Riptwo

At least the sculpted excitement-spittle they used as a stand on Bosmiibo was made out of a clear plastic instead of that pale green color they used to hold up flailing around Ian making it look like he's inter-tubing in a puddle of his own sick. Although... Barfin' Bosman would've been fun to see.
The speaker in the Ianmiibo that constantly looped sounds of crumpling paper was a cool idea, but I ended up chucking it into the same bin as my Masters of the Universe Stinkor toy.

The speaker in the Ianmiibo that constantly looped sounds of crumpling paper was a cool idea, but I ended up chucking it into the same bin as my Masters of the Universe Stinkor toy.

Merman + Space Skunk = Big Fat WTF? -- BUT -- I will defend the gluing of leftover floral arrangement mossy bits to Beastman's hide 'till I'm buried under a blanket of moss meself. Bendy Bloodworth was also a cool gimmick. May we never experience Trenchfoot Elyse.

wiibomb

people told me about those bosmiibo extra features and I can't handle the wait.. I need 'em all.. but since NA sold out in 5 minutes I think I'll have to import them.. I hope they are region free

Fbh

Kyle, if you are going to make exclusive features for Bosmiibo owners could you at least not make them Best Buy exclusive?
Some of us have jobs. I couldn't get mine because online pre order went live at 4:35AM and sold out in 15 minutes.

Anyway, great episode.
Lol at the random return of
Liquid Bosman

Sounds like a great package! How much!?

You really believe what GT is peddling here? 6 background images when all we've EVER seen are SKYLINE and ROCKET! I've not counted every single one but I'm preeetty sure Bosman owns 4 ties max, maybe he gets some loaners I don't know, show me the receipts fellows. Try again Kyle, while I did happen to fall off a turnip truck in an embarrassing fashion - it wasn't yesterday - in fact it was a very long number of days greater than that.

(I will import a Liquid Bosmiibo at any price though if it opens up the costume in Tabletop Adventures Kart as well as ManUpNights Golf.)

You really believe what GT is peddling here? 6 background images when all we've EVER seen are SKYLINE and ROCKET! I've not counted every single one but I'm preeetty sure Bosman owns 4 ties max, maybe he gets some loaners I don't know, show me the receipts fellows. Try again Kyle, while I did happen to fall off a turnip truck in an embarrassing fashion - it wasn't yesterday - in fact it was a very long number of days greater than that.

(I will import a Liquid Bosmiibo at any price though if it opens up the costume in Tabletop Adventures Kart as well as ManUpNights Golf.)

Well I trust that GT wouldn't screw over their fanbase like that. They make good content and I think that the new backgrounds and ties will be worth the purchase price.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dat Liquid, HAVE AT YOU.

Huber makes as a nice double lol.

th4tguy

I've recently went back and watched an early episode and something hit me. I've watched Kyle waste away physically and emotionally. What used to be a optimistic, innocent, and passionate guy has turned into a tired, exhausted looking, cinical man. I hate how the industry does this to people.

Gogo_ZvC

Here's an exclusive look at the first wave of Bosmiibos:

CEXNU-dUEAAlyHm.jpg:large

LiK

Kyle shitting on the video box ads at the end of videos was fucking hilarious. i'm so glad he hated those ending promos. i think they ruin the GT videos as well.

Gogo_ZvC

Kyle shitting on the video box ads at the end of videos was fucking hilarious. i'm so glad he hated those ending promos. i think they ruin the GT videos as well.

It's odd, bunch of the other videos this week didn't have them (Huber Hype and all the Trailer Scores), but Kyle's did.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot, where does the first and gold Bosmiibos come from? I'm sure I've seen them somewhere...

Servbot24

Banned
Amen to that. I've always wondered why people don't give Nintendo nearly as much shit as everyone else. Is it because they're Nintendo? Are the nostalgia goggles clouding one's vision?

I think it's because most people buy them for the figures and don't care about the unlocks.

people told me about those bosmiibo extra features and I can't handle the wait.. I need 'em all.. but since NA sold out in 5 minutes I think I'll have to import them.. I hope they are region free

sorry, GameTrailers Germany insisted we region lock
es tut mir leid

PtM

Banned
Amen to that. I've always wondered why people don't give Nintendo nearly as much shit as everyone else. Is it because they're Nintendo? Are the nostalgia goggles clouding one's vision?
Yes. Look at that little figurine of your childhood memories! And it also unlocks content (not of the downloadable type).
I think it's because most people buy them for the figures and don't care about the unlocks.
Until they change their minds and whine about how the things they paid money for should unlock more, better stuff.

I mainly buy Amiibo for the figurines themselves. The content unlocks are a nice bonus, plus the costs of unlockable content can sometimes be amortized over several games.

Also, you could technically borrow an Amiibo from a friend to unlock content in your game, but finding a friend with the right Amiibo might be just as hard as buying one yourself.

oni-link

I mainly buy Amiibo for the figurines themselves. The content unlocks are a nice bonus, plus the costs of unlockable content can sometimes be amortized over several games.

Also, you could technically borrow an Amiibo from a friend to unlock content in your game, but finding a friend with the right Amiibo might be just as hard as buying one yourself.

I think that is why people are not as upset, they want the figures for the figures, the fact they can use them to get stuff in games is seen as something that's cool, but not essential

If they started locking off stuff like tracks in Mario Kart, Dungeons in Zelda, characters in Smash, then people would kick up a lot more of a fuss

I'm happy waiting for GOTY editions for PS3 and PS4 games because I want that DLC but I don't want to pay an unfair amount of money for the complete game, I've yet to see anything you can only unlock with Amiibos that I really care about

Zomba13

I think that is why people are not as upset, they want the figures for the figures, the fact they can use them to get stuff in games is seen as something that's cool, but not essential

If they started locking off stuff like tracks in Mario Kart, Dungeons in Zelda, characters in Smash, then people would kick up a lot more of a fuss

I'm happy waiting for GOTY editions for PS3 and PS4 games because I want that DLC but I don't want to pay an unfair amount of money for the complete game, I've yet to see anything you can only unlock with Amiibos that I really care about

This is how I feel. I mean I can understand wanting some of the Amiibo-locked content like the spinner in Hyrule Warriors or the MK8 costumes but more of it just seems like silly things that don't really matter. I guess they seem like things that should be in the game anyway as an unlockable but instead is sold though a figure that isn't worth the price of the game feature. Like paying £10.99 (or more like £19.99 in a lot of places now) for more health in Kirby is stupid.

I guess it's just Nintendo hopping on the 'sell shit that used to be bonuses' bandwagon that so many other devs are. I remember when there were cheat codes that unlocked everything but now you have to pay $20 (or get the PC version and use cheat engine and technically be a "time pirate").

Tuck

I see where he's coming from, though the amiibo functionality to date has mostly been small little "presents" in each game that are pretty inconsequential, so I haven't really minded.

So... does this episode mean theres a Bosman multiverse now? One where the Bosmiibo was pressed and one where it wasn't (leading to Liquid's appearance). Or is the first part not canon?

IT MATTERS.

Yes, I'm joking.

EDIT: Agreed that Bosman making fun of the promo segment at the end was hilarious.

DSix

Banned
Yup Amiibo are a very, very bad precedent to set, and it's been done without any resistance from gamers. I wish it bombed.

Zomba13

Yup Amiibo are a very, very bad precedent to set, and it's been done without any resistance from gamers. I wish it bombed.

Eh, no more than shitty DLC before it like horse armour or paying for what should be a cheat code or in game unlockable.

At least with Amiibo you get a cool figure of a cool character. The worst bit is Nintendo aren't able to make enough of them and scalpers end up buying them all.

Yarbskoo

I mainly get amiibo because most of those characters are more likely to get overpriced F4F figures than they are to get something cool like a figma. Many of them will likely never get a figure outside of the amiibo line. Inkling Girl will probably never be seen again in publicly available physical form (prove me wrong, Good Smile).

I don't even have a Wii U or a New 3DS, but I do have some amiibo. The in-game content isn't the primary factor in the purchase, it's just a fun bonus to having a Princess Zelda figure that doesn't cost $300.

The availability sucks though, Nintendo needs to sort that shit out.

EDIT: amiibo cards are dumb though. They should have been used as an alternate for people who don't want to pay for the full figure or for figures that are too hard to get a hold of. Instead of being an alternative option to buying the physical figure, they're just replacing the figure entirely so Nintendo doesn't have to make any Isabelle figures.
The Nendoriod is better anyway.
But good luck finding one at a decent price.

I'm completely out of the loop on amiibos and...what? There are that many things exclusive to a toy? Wow, after all the praise Nintendo got for handing DLC like MK8 they sound like they stooped to the same level as all the other shit DLC in this industry.

I'm surprised people are just okay with it and collecting away. Wow.

Alucrid

Banned
The comments about the ending asking for subs and links to other videos made me mad. Yes, it sucks. We know it and he does too, but he made it his own and promoted it in a funny manner. Sort of like the bombcast ads.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
My goodness, this is a twist I could have never foreseen! :O

Top Bottom