• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Drencrom

Pages that needs to be done

- The whole Liquid Bosman saga
- The girl at the deli Bosman likes that Damiani got together with
- The Naughty Dog cup
- Mr. Mime and the producer curse
- Phillip Dollarfield game
- Last Levelle
- Famous Future Bosman that stopped with bonus segments that got rich and popular and than regretted that decision and went back in time and shot Current Time Bosman to take over the show but the next episode already got replaced by the Current Time Bosman somehow as he had an bandage on the head where he got shot.
- Rules of things Bosman can't do or say on the show Done!​

Let's get to work GAF!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget about the different desks! Including the actual one that seems to be possessed! And Kyle's odyssey to try and get one.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just as a heads up, Kyle Bosman checks the youtube commentary.

I made a snarky remark about him and his love for The Order and he actually responded on youtube.

Really? But Kyle...

BweFvAGCcAAmibE.jpg:large

(Never thought I'd use that image)

Tregard

Soothsayer
Does anyone remember the first episode Phillip Dollarfield was in? Titanfall episode was the first one with "Phillip Dollarfield Doesn't Care About Saving the Princess".

Also going to do a page about the doodles he used to have with the numbers to describe the point he was making, because I miss those.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I loved the doodles. Did he ever explain why he stopped using them?

Also, I can't remember which episode it was, Tregard. Sorry.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget the Nintendo and Microsoft bands. Poor Microsoft, they changed the singer like 5 times!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome first fifteen, wonder why there was no Bosman today.

Also, "I'm glad we hit that G-spot", lmao Elyse, that came out of left field. So funny. Hope they do more together.

wiibomb

you don't think the first fifteen took the place of this week's show? right?

in any case if there is no episode this week I wouldn't be mad, I already suggested before that Kyle should not do an episode if he is not really feeling good about it, mostly because I love the quality of the episodes, but on some its noticeable that he doesn't want to

love bosman episodes and don't want them to drop in quality

Yudoken

As a german viewer I am really confused about Schlufer and his german colleges.
Also that ending...
I can confirm that this is an 100% accurate representation of the german game media press.
I only hear "Esch tud mir leit" instead of "Es tut mir leid" =)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The episodes come out every Wednesday, so aren't getting one this week.

border

Kyle Bosman @KyleBosman
Bad News/Good News: schedule weirdness bumped Final Bosman, but we were able to at least shoot a new First Fifteen:

When he says that Final Bosman got "bumped" I'm not sure if that means it will be out tomorrow, or if they're not doing one at all this week.

He said something pretty brilliant this week along the lines of "Announcing Phantom Dust was more important to Microsoft than actually releasing it." God knows Sony's guilty of pulling the smoke and mirror routine at times as well, but I thought this was a pretty accurate statement about MS. At least in this instance.

Auctopus

He said something pretty brilliant this week along the lines of "Announcing Phantom Dust was more important to Microsoft than actually releasing it." God knows Sony's guilty of pulling the smoke and mirror routine at times as well, but I thought this was a pretty accurate statement about MS. At least in this instance.

They spoke about this in a GT Live once and Bloodworth spoke of several moments he knew where console developers had intentionally announced games that didn't exist yet to sell consoles. Supposedly, Gran Turismo PSP was one.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The impression of the "Wait....what am I supposed to be doing?" guy kills me. Those guys do exist. -_-

"The Order is not a video game in comparison to Bloodborne. I still like both. You can like both."

I know the feeling Bosman. I know the feeling :)

Edit: Just watched the ending bit, and gotta say that Bloodborne has quite a few of the second bad type of enemy in it. Those enemies that hide just behind something or off to the side - you can see them, but you can't lock on to them so any attempt to get the first hit in is awkward at best.

That's been a pretty obvious reading of a lot of their behavior even in the post-Mattrick era. Manipulating the narrative has been their priority, not an earnest commitment to the medium. I can't imagine what they're going to do this E3 having used up so much of their slate in 2013 combating the DRM backlash that 2014 was all pre-rendered trailers for games, some that were barely even in development. They'll probably show a Gears trailer, but that game will be lucky to ship by 2017.

ArjanN

"The Order is not a video game in comparison to Bloodborne. I still like both. You can like both."

I know the feeling Bosman. I know the feeling :)

Edit: Just watched the ending bit, and gotta say that Bloodborne has quite a few of the second bad type of enemy in it. Those enemies that hide just behind something or off to the side - you can see them, but you can't lock on to them so any attempt to get the first hit in is awkward at best.

I thought the point of the second type of enemy was that they pop out of cover for no reason other than for you to kill them.

That's been a pretty obvious reading of a lot of their behavior even in the post-Mattrick era. Manipulating the narrative has been their priority, not an earnest commitment to the medium. I can't imagine what they're going to do this E3 having used up so much of their slate in 2013 combating the DRM backlash that 2014 was all pre-rendered trailers for games, some that were barely even in development. They'll probably show a Gears trailer, but that game will be lucky to ship by 2017.

So... when's the Last Guardian coming out?

Even though I don't completely disagree with what you posted, but really all the first parties do this.

So... when's the Last Guardian coming out?

Even though I don't completely disagree with what you posted, but really all the first parties do this.

Last Guardian is both: 1. A 6 year old example. And 2. Was originally shown in a realtime, in engine teaser. It was obviously well under way, no matter what development hell it fell into later. According to the Kotaku article Phantom Dust didn't go into full production until two months after the E3 CGI announcement.

So we can't pretend like everyone's doing it when Sony has been careful not to repeat their past mistakes while MS appears to be in a rush to commit even more egregious breaches of consumer trust.

jeffers

Last Guardian is both: 1. A 6 year old example. And 2. Was originally shown in a realtime, in engine teaser. It was obviously well under way, no matter what development hell it fell into later. According to the Kotaku article Phantom Dust didn't go into full production until two months after the E3 CGI announcement.

So we can't pretend like everyone's doing it when Sony has been careful not to repeat their past mistakes while MS appears to be in a rush to commit even more egregious breaches of consumer trust.

I would quite like people to stop hyping CGI trailers tbh. Think its usually hype for the announcement than the CGI though...

Marow

You know, what's those rules Kyle follows again? I always forget them and can't find a list. I'm kinda curious as he - unless I misheard - said he "liked" The Order 1886 and if I remember correctly one of the rules is about never using past tense about those things (unless it was meant more in regards to "it was a good game"). I might just be tired and putting too much thought into nothing.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think you're right, Marow! Wonder if there's a wiki about the rules.

I would quite like people to stop hyping CGI trailers tbh. Think its usually hype for the announcement than the CGI though...

Not at all, as it can be seen with Square Enix games. We knew everything we could learn of Deus Ex Mankind Divided, even had in game images, but people wanted to see the trailer because Human Revolution's CGI trailer was amazing, even if much of the things showed did not directly found its way into the game.

The same could be said about the recent CGI trailer of FF14 Heavensward. It was very good, and I'm not interested into the game at all.

UrbanRats

Amazing episode, lol.

Dark Souls 2 had enemies that became invincible when they were on the ground, not sure about the other Souls games (can't remember).

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Great episode. Loved the realization that media is just a damn cog in all of this.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode. Loved the realization that media is just a damn cog in all of this.

We're cogs in this too. People making threads about being excited for a game, LTTP's, heck posting in this thread to promote someone who's also a cog means we're ALL PAWNS. CAN'T YOU SEE IT?!

Top Bottom