• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Tiu Neo

Just saw the news, I can't believe there won't be more Final Bosman episodes :(

I hope Kyle lands on his feet and does something similar on any place he goes. For me, this industry loses a lot without Final Bosman :(

-hadouken

I'd gladly support Kyle on Patreon. Even if he can't make it his day job, a Final Bossman once a week would surely be a nice little earner. Too much talent not to be performing/creating.

Tregard

Soothsayer
If anyone is at a loose end when you don't get a new Bosman episode this week, might I suggest the following:

Choose an old episode at random, watch it, love it, and then throw some info from that episode into the Final Bosman Wiki that we started but never got as complete as we'd like. There's so much Bosman lore, and I thought we had so much more time to work it through. Help keep the Lore alive.

We have hype, because we have hope.

This goofball should have went i to business for himself a long time ago!

I hope these GT leftovers band together and make something great!

They have talent and the adoration of their fans

I hope he continues the Final Bosman format elsewhere. I think he could do well on Patreon.

Yeah, rebrand all the shows.

"The Optional Bossman."

"Huber Enthused."

"Necessary Update"

"Live GT"

"Time GT"

"Trailer Rank"

"Stupid Game Monday."

"Complete Game Fridays"

etc.
etc.

Final Bosman was the only thing I watched regularly on GT though I also like the rest of the crew, especially Huber.
I hope he carries on somewhere else.

God no. I can't stand Huber, what a talentless hack. His personality is completely forced/fake, just isn't funny at all.

I don't think you could be more wrong there. Whether or not you like him, his personality most definitely is not forced. He's as genuine as they come.

Hasney

I don't think you could be more wrong there. Whether or not you like him, his personality most definitely is not forced. He's as genuine as they come.

The stories in one of the E3 day review streams where I think Elyse said sometimes Huber would come into work and someone would ask him what was up because he looked down and he just said "I was just thinking about the end of Shenmue 2". Dude was as crazy as some YouTube personalities out there, but it's not fake with him.

I seriously hope he streams him playing through 3 when it finally comes out.

I'm not a huge Huber fan, but it's clear he and Bosman get along swimmingly, so it would be nice if they could continue doing things together.

Hasney

I'm not a huge Huber fan, but it's clear he and Bosman get along swimmingly, so it would be nice if they could continue doing things together.

Yeah, they all seemed to get on amazingly well. I love Kyle and Ians interactions the most. Good old side bitch.

so1337

God no. I can't stand Huber, what a talentless hack. His personality is completely forced/fake, just isn't funny at all.
His enthusiasm is genuine. But you're obviously going to stick with some preconceived notion that is demonstrably false so why bother?

Drencrom

9FDBh.gif

bosmancouchnus3b.gif

This is hitting me hard. At least Nintendo Power and Brawl in the Family knew they were ending and then ended it. Here I am getting all depressed that the last episode of Gravity Falls is in a few days and then BAM I find out I just watched the *Final* Bosman. That show seriously helped me survive the drudgery of college and the negativity/politics of video games in recent years.

If anyone is at a loose end when you don't get a new Bosman episode this week, might I suggest the following:

Choose an old episode at random, watch it, love it, and then throw some info from that episode into the Final Bosman Wiki that we started but never got as complete as we'd like. There's so much Bosman lore, and I thought we had so much more time to work it through. Help keep the Lore alive.

We have hype, because we have hope.

Do we even have an archive of all the missing early episodes?

I especially hate how the last episode thumbnail has Xs over Kyle's eyes. It's like he knew. I remember last week seeing the thumbnail and joking that it'd be the episode Kyle is killed by his twin. I'm so sad I was kinda right.

ghibli99

The Final Bosman was my favorite show. Looked forward to every one, and felt excited at the end with the bonus clips. He really spoke to me as a gamer, and I pretty much was always in agreement with his opinions... even though he's an expert of nothing. ;)

Can't wait to see what he does next. I would take the exact same format somewhere else.

On the plus side, now Kyle can record a real (non-joke-book) standup routine on a dare, post it on YouTube, and it won't be owned by some parent company.

I care most about Kyle continuing on as a personality (he's my favorite in the enthusiast press) but Kyle is happiest when he's with his friends and happy Kyle is best Kyle. So for his sake I hope the GT crew all sticks together somehow.

DekuLink

Does anyone know what music is used during the intro of his show? The one during the disclaimer.

The old music as well for that matter.
Wondered that myself, so I tried to find them and did!

The one used "currently" is called "Os olhinhos de al" by "Grupo Bahia"

It was hard to find though, managed to find it digitally on iTunes only.

https://itunes.apple.com/se/album/os-olhinhos-de-al/id314959721?i=314959821

The first one is called "Romanza" by "Hugh Burns & Danny Schogger"

You can listen to it in full here: https://www.extrememusic.com/albums/1217?item=23227&ver=46396

Kyle appeared just now on the Twitch chat:

HDCiver: How is everybody holding up, KyleBosman?
KyleBosman: @HDciver I think well? We're going to meet up soon. Whereas my natural tendency is to become depressed, Huber just seems motivated.

Glad to hear the team is keeping positive!

jett

D-Member
Wondered that myself, so I tried to find them and did!

The one used "currently" is called "Os olhinhos de al" by "Grupo Bahia"

It was hard to find though, managed to find it digitally on iTunes only.

https://itunes.apple.com/se/album/os-olhinhos-de-al/id314959721?i=314959821

The first one is called "Romanza" by "Hugh Burns & Danny Schogger"

You can listen to it in full here: https://www.extrememusic.com/albums/1217?item=23227&ver=46396

How did he even pick this music?

Zomba13

Kyle appeared just now on the Twitch chat:

HDCiver: How is everybody holding up, KyleBosman?
KyleBosman: @HDciver I think well? We're going to meet up soon. Whereas my natural tendency is to become depressed, Huber just seems motivated.

Glad to hear the team is keeping positive!

I hope Huber pushes for some sort of thing, like a patreon or whatever to keep doing stuff. Huber has moxie and motivation and hype and enthusiasm and if they do another thing then maybe he can win back the slusser cup.

LewieP

Count me in for another person who would voluntarily pay money on a subscription basis to ensure the continuation of the final bosman or an equivalent show under a different name.

-shadow-

Same for me, never done Patreon not even for Jim who I love the hell out of. But I'd support Kyle, or any of the GT bunch without a single hesitation.

Also regarding the few missing episodes, I see there's a link for YT above me. But Kyle did mention that he has all episodes himself. Wouldn't it be possible to contact him and ask if he could add those missing few in higher quality to the people backing the sites history? That way we'd probably have the highest quality versions of those videos as opposed to the YT stuff.

What?!?

Huber is one of the most honest, and genuine games personalities online.

Not only does he have some great opinions but he is also rather optimistic which has become refreshing after most of the popular teams are more negative.

Rongolian

Banned
First Wednesday in a long time that I don't have an episode of The Final Bosman to look forward to when I get home :(

The worst part about it, to me, was that it was so sudden that nobody had anything set up to fall back on. It's likely going to be quite some time before we hear about a new entity from the GT guys, unless a few of them sign on with others like Giantbomb

georly

i don't really know pateron stuff but it seems to me that works for small group of people. think 8 people can make a living out of it?

Unfortunately not, I don't think. Not unless their fanbase is bigger than I think it is. It'd be good for a final bosman with 1 or 2 others helping out, but that might be about it. Patreon works way better for 1 person or for a side-job thing.

Top Bottom