• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Finals is too much for CoD brain."

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

TLDC: High skill Twitch streamer says CoD player aren't grasping The Finals.

I thought this was interesting because many NeoGAFians said the TTK was too long as were the respawn timers. It's also interesting because I've solo queued a ton and have yet to run into a single person who fully embraces the strategic aspects built into the game design. IE People spawn and immediately rush to the closest vault or cashout box without considering pretty important variables.

CoD ruined a lot of brains out there.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
As the days go by, the number of active players is decreasing. It has dropped below 50,000 concurrent players on Steam (somewhere between Battlefield 5 and Rainbow Six Siege). Palworld may have driven the final nail into its coffin. At this rate, it seems like it will become a quickly forgotten game. Hopefully, they create another game that combines its enjoyable gameplay mechanics(especially the levolution) with a more interesting and 'understandable' concept. They can add characters from The Boys for example.

I See You Reaction GIF by Laff

Still playing the game on a daily basis here, mostly solo queue. I've had some great team mates that I would gladly play with every match but I've also had some players that have no situational awareness or any sort of strategic bone in their body. The game is easy to play but hard to master. It's getting better the lower the player count as many people are leaving because it's not just shooty shooty bang bang.

MCplayer

Neogaf hated this game from day 0.

CoD seems to be the only fps that gets praised here no matter how shitty it is.
I mean one thing COD perfected is gameplay, gameplay feels responsive fast and addicting even with so much skills, devices, weapons, perks, killstreaks etc to use.
I like the finals and its not dificult, I play mainly COD now because Halo and battlefiled died long time ago so yeah... COD it is

Last edited:

MirageMew2

As the days go by, the number of active players is decreasing. It has dropped below 50,000 concurrent players on Steam (somewhere between Battlefield 5 and Rainbow Six Siege). Palworld may have driven the final nail into its coffin. At this rate, it seems like it will become a quickly forgotten game. Hopefully, they create another game that combines its enjoyable gameplay mechanics(especially the levolution) with a more interesting and 'understandable' concept. They can add characters from The Boys for example.

I See You Reaction GIF by Laff

Game just had its first major patch an added a Solo queue. Let it breathe.

It’s in a sort of weird position between twitchy and strategic gameplay, much due to the destruction and level structure. Respawn did shooters a great service with their incredible ping system, but it just doesn’t feel useful enough here to negate the need for good comms.

It is a hell of a lot of fun when it clicks, though.

For me, the time to kill is far too long.

It doesn't have to be instant, obviously, and I understand it cuts both ways.

Unfortunately, I just didn't really think it was anything especially interesting.

Yes, the destructible environments are a nice touch - and, yes, it feels good - but it's nothing ground breaking in my eyes.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I mean all online games now come down to playing a meta and not thinking for yourself (hence why I don't play pvp anymore at all)

But cod is a special type of brain number. It's a joke amongst our group that it's basically the game you turn off all thought and veg out in.

It's basically that heroin hero game in South park
south park stan GIF

Last edited:

mrcroket

I mean all online games now come down to playing a meta and not thinking for yourself (hence why I don't play pvp anymore at all)

But cod is a special type of brain number. It's a joke amongst our group that it's basically the game you turn off all thought and veg out in.

It's basically that heroin hero game in South park
south park stan GIF
And that's what makes COD attractive, it's a game that doesn't require learning or team play, just skill. The games are fast and you don't depend on other people to win.

If you want to play as a team, with a mic and with coordinated partners there are other games like rainbow six, counter strike, valorant, overwatch.... Doing something that falls in between is no man's land.

tr1p1ex

I've won more matches than I should have in the 2 days I played (on Series X) even though I'm not really sure how to play the game and am not a controller person.

But I do know to stick with teammates and cover them and revive and cover the objective from odd angles to catch enemies off guard.

But maybe skill balancing is working good.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Great game but they need to add more maps.
They need to add more of anything.

You see this time and time again where a GAAS title releases, does good or bette,r and the devs sit there and don't put out anything new for months.

They have LITERAL examples from the past 7+ years on how to do it correctly, and they always fuck it up.

Put out more maps, put out more weapons, and put out more modes. They should of had maps ready to go already and a list of modes to put on rotation. You can't wait months to do this and it's fucking obvious.

Last edited:
Trust me. I hate that almost everything try to have a cod like shooting during 2010-till now. We getting different now. But they all still built in different ways. Ppl that love cod. Just seem to not even like hell let loose. Which is all good and fine. It just, cod so big. Have such a number of players. That even if u can get a small number of them to play your game, u making your return for sure

MiguelItUp

Eh, for me, COD has been a guilty pleasure for a few weeks the past few games. Because it's the biggest fast/twitchy FPS, and that's what gets me for a bit. Until I realize yet again nothing really changed and I get over it quickly. The Finals is a great concept, it just needs a lot more IMO. I've always been a fan of team games, especially ones with specific roles. But something about The Finals just never stuck for me. The art, the game show aesthetic, etc. I wasn't really big on a whole lot of it. But the destruction was and is incredible.

Top Bottom