• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

MartyStu

So flash point is over in one way but barry still mess up the time line .
Wonder how long it going to take them to get everything back to normal .

I hope they do not. Barry best learn to clean up his mess without messing with time.

Maybe I am just suffering from withdrawal, but I seem to like this episode more than most people here or AVClub.

Although, I mute all the cringey/boring parts. Maybe I should start listening to those again.

Luigi87

Yeah I agree that it was a nice episode, but... I dunno, as far as alternate realities go, it pales in comparison to the visit to Earth-2.

NastyBook

Thawne certainly made up for it.
Throughout the episode, Thawne ate all of Barry's lunch except the one he brought him.
KuGsj.gif

Patryn

While I still dislike Thawne's reasons for hating the Flash, goddamn if he isn't always the best part of the show regardless of which actor plays him. You really do feel the weird mix of hate, jealousy and admiration for the Flash from him.

Reverse Flash definitely made the episode that much more enjoyable. Dude just stays ahead of the game whenever Barry faces off with him.

Tabby

Solid premiere. Didn't expect there to be this many consequences after "fixing" Flashpoint.

Reverse Flash continues to be the best Villain in the CWVerse. I hope they don't fuck him up like what they did with Merlyn.

I wish there was bigger consequences for Flash wanting to revert back to the regular timeline. Like, Oliver queen being dead and the Time Masters are on the verge of destroying Earth; I like how they changed Flashpoint to be more personal
but I wanted there to be like an "oh shit the world's going to end" sort of moment.

I hope they do not. Barry best learn to clean up his mess without messing with time.

Maybe I am just suffering from withdrawal, but I seem to like this episode more than most people here or AVClub.

Although, I mute all the cringey/boring parts. Maybe I should start listening to those again.

Didn't AVClub rate the episodes for last season Gotham like, pretty average? I don't know why people keep posting their ratings like they mean something and it's not like they're the only site out there that reviews episodes.

So Barry messing up time again is what brings Supergirl to the Arrowverse?

That makes the most sense. Either that or 4 way crossover.

ZeroX03

Banned
Didn't AVClub rate the episodes for last season Gotham like, pretty average? I don't know why people keep posting their ratings like they mean something.

AV Club has different reviewers and it's always been that the reviewer scores episodes based on the average of the show not compared to others.

Besides, just like gaming GAF, if you don't care about reviews just don't talk about them because it doesn't affect you.

Deadly

"The you I know from the future, he's not this stupid." Pretty much nailed how Barry just gets dumber and dumber. Reverse Flash just keeps on winning. He was easily the best part of the episode.

Dunlop

Do these timelines continue to exist when Barry leaves them?

If not this is at least the second time in the series where people decided it was OK for Barry to effectively kill them and their reality

where's Doctor Who when I need him....

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I have my problems with the reviewer who the AV Club has on the Flash, too. But...

Besides, just like gaming GAF, if you don't care about reviews just don't talk about them because it doesn't affect you.

This is basically the tact you need to adopt. The guy can have whatever opinions he wants. I know it sucks as a fan to see someone who just doesn't seem on board in charge of reviewing the thing you like, but it just doesn't matter.

"The you I know from the future, he's not this stupid." Pretty much nailed how Barry just gets dumber and dumber. Reverse Flash just keeps on winning. He was easily the best part of the episode.

Guess it take years for barry to get smart when it comes time stuff lol .

Tabby

Guess it take years for barry to get smart when it comes time stuff lol .

I hope we get to see future "Disappears in Crisis" Flash eventually, the one that Reverse Flash actually hated.
With all these alternate characters we're seeing I feel like it's a possibility.

Do these timelines continue to exist when Barry leaves them?

If not this is at least the second time in the series where people decided it was OK for Barry to effectively kill them and their reality

where's Doctor Who when I need him....

Yeah me too. I've wondered about that. I'm guessing they just disappear and/or merge with the current/correct timeline. It's kind of unsettling thinking that they just disappear or "die".

Dunlop

Yeah me too. I've wondered about that. I'm guessing they just disappear and/or merge with the current/correct timeline. It's kind of unsettling thinking that they just disappear or "die".

This time was just Iris helping out, last time it was the whole team greeing to kill themselves and the planet/reality for Barry to save his mom...I hate time travel in any show outside of the aforementioned Doctor Who

Tabby

I'm guessing they just continue. Iris just continues to live her life with Wally being injured but Barry gone.

ZeroX03

Banned
Naw they're gone, ceased to exist, requiescat in pace.

(Alchemy looks to have some knowledge or mix of the timelines)

Didn't AVClub rate the episodes for last season Gotham like, pretty average? I don't know why people keep posting their ratings like they mean something and it's not like they're the only site out there that reviews episodes.

AV Club is pretty good as a whole, it's just that their Gotham guy cannot seem to wrap their head around the show as it is. That's why you get reviews complaining about the show being wildly inconsistent or still struggling to find itself when it's pretty clear that they've figured out their niche. The niche in question is "batshit insanity," but it's been found.

"Oh god, what did I do?"

You're damn right Barry.

Hold this:

l-11.jpg

For a second there at the end I thought it was going to be The Black Flash approaching Clariss and giving him Negative Speed Force powers. Instead it was related to Dr. Alchemy and Mirror Master.

Thawne maintain's his spot as the best Speedster and Villain.

Seriously. The OT title should be: "Hey Barry, keep taking those Ls."

I'm really hoping Reverse Flash keeps that momentum going into Legends of Tomorrow. He's easily my favorite part of the Arrowverse in general at this point.

ZeroX03

Banned
so alchemy and rival is the same person?

No. As it stands, so far it looks like:

The Rival (Edward Clariss) is a bad speedster in the Flashpoint timeline, but is just a normal person in the new 'fixed' timeline. But Alchemy is aware of Flashpoint and wants to Clariss to "wake up" to his old identity.

So far all we know about Alchemy is that he's voiced by Tobin Bell and the most likely suspect for his identity is Tom Felton's Julian Albert as they share a name.

Top Bottom