• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
You know, that was actually pretty good. Yeah, The Rival was undercooked and had a terrible costume. But he was just cannon fodder so we could have Barry realize that his changes could negatively impact the lives of others.

Doing Flashpoint like this seems dumb, same as Barry's reasoning for going back in the first place. But I'm cool with it having smaller lingering effects and ultimately leading to the conflicts that we get during this season.

The script just felt tighter with this episode. Good Barry and Iris moments, some good banter and ongoing jokes, and the real villain (Reverse Flash) was genuinely menacing. Even Caitlin got to have some fun.

No complaints from me. I was expecting this to be a dud but it was fun. Really looking forward to getting more Reverse Flash across the Arrowverse shows. Barry holding him captive and then having to let him go to restore the timeline is great. Explains why a new version of him is running around, and gives him motivation to mess with Barry some more.

Dahbomb

This Flashpoint timeline wasn't even that dark or awful for Barry to bail out of there. I expected post apocalyptic timeline or some really bleak stuff for him to go back.

As always Barry holding that L... smh.

I was still entertained but though.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It's amazing how competent of a villain Thawne is. And hilarious how Barry just continues to take Ls. I swear the whole series is basically him fucking up and every problem he's had has been self inflicted.

Vic_Viper

The Rival. Thats the best name they could come up with? LOL.

The Flashpoint storyline would have been such a good premise for a season, or atleast part of one. They really wasted a great premise that could have lead to some great stories. Really hope they dont end up ruining this series like they did with Arrow.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Rival is a dope name, but usually he has a cool Jay Garrick look to go with him. Besides, he's 60+ years old.

the-rival-150389.JPG

I enjoy reading this thread afterwards. Only question is why is Zero LARPing?

?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Really enjoyed the premiere. Have a feeling I'm gonna enjoy this season more than lasts.

Mariolee

Really enjoyed the premiere. Have a felling I'm gonna enjoy this season more than lasts.

I feel like the back half of the season really soured people's memories of the first half which was really still phenomenal. I do hope Barry starts wising up though this season. Dude got called out by Reverse Flash.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I feel like the back half of the season really soured people's memories of the first half which was really still phenomenal. I do hope Barry starts wising up though this season. Dude got called out by Reverse Flash.

Totally agree with you on all of that lol

Dead Barry, I like it.

We've still got the "Barry in jail" thing from the comics and S1 finale. Dead Iris, I like it.

Lol, dead Barry. Well if we get it we better hope that Wally is a competent Speedster by then :p

Barry in jail, right I forgot about that. It's going to be this season it just has to be.

Cynar

Just realized. Reverse flash didn't get stuck this time after killing Barry's mom since he brought Barry back. Oh man oh man. That's kinda huge.

Sanctuary

Not only does "time travel" annoy me (considering even on a theoretical level, it's not even possible, and the only faux-time travel that might be possible is only forwards, not back), but is this show violating its own rules, or loose definition? I thought the whole concept of Thawne dying in the first season when Eddie died was utterly stupid, but hey, it's the rules of the show, so whatever right?

So why does Barry
remain unaffected after he goes back in time and saves his mother?

The whole "unrequited love" bit was already old in the first season too, and then it was repeated in the second, and now again? Jesus.

edit: I wrote this before the first of the
memory purges
, but my complaint still stands. Somehow
his consequences were delayed, even though he should have pretty much instantly have been a different person.
Eddie dying, causing Thawne to not exist would have made sense if Thawne had never traveled back, but he did. He already existed and jumped the timeline tracks, yet the show killed him off anyway, which made zero sense.
Yet Barry doesn't suddenly experience a fifteen year mindwipe.

Mariolee

Just realized. Reverse flash didn't get stuck this time after killing Barry's mom since he brought Barry back. Oh man oh man. That's kinda huge.

This was my biggest takeaway. We already know he'll be featured in Legends of Tomorrow, but what does that mean for this new timeline?

ReiGun

The Reverse Flash tho
wow.png

I maintain that this show's Reverse Flash is one of the best portrayals of a comic villain in any medium and my personal favorite. Tom Cavanaugh and now Matt Letscher have done this character so much justice, imbuing him with the right amount of menace, cunning, charisma, and straight up funny book evil. They certainly should be applauded for getting RF's mix of total hatred and reluctant admiration of The Flash across almost effortlessly. I can't wait for his next appearance.

Also, even when Barry fixes things, he takes an L.

ohhh.png

Aw shit...Aw shit.

Just rewatched the pilot because of all of the callbacks this episode.

Damn the Glass Board to explain shit has been there since the beginning.

Corpekata

Banned
Eh episode. Not terrible but basically hit every note expected of the cliffhanger.

I really hope they take a break on the time travel stuff for the rest of the season. Only so many times Barry can learn this lesson without looking like a moron.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Rip Hunter might just shoot Barry when he sees him. Cause gat damn.

That should just be Legends of Tomorrow season 3. The team arrives to when Nora Allen dies and there's like twenty Flashes and Reverse Flashes mucking about.

Sober

That should just be Legends of Tomorrow season 3. The team arrives to when Nora Allen dies and there's like twenty Flashes and Reverse Flashes mucking about.
I was about to say, a few seasons later and we're just gonna have a bunch of those dudes hosting a dinner party.

Didn't AVClub rate the episodes for last season Gotham like, pretty average? I don't know why people keep posting their ratings like they mean something and it's not like they're the only site out there that reviews episodes.

This. Exactly this. Their reviews are irrelevant and does not represent or mean anything. Why no one links other reviewers as well.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Y'all crazy if you think Rip Hunter is calling any shots. The show is White Canary & the Legends of Tomorrow.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Season 3 of Legends will just be Sara and Mick driving across Vancouverthe Timeline in a goddamn Pontiac Firebird.

Fuckin' Barry ALLen... Good premiere and set up for whatever comes this season, was disappointed that the repercussions were so local unlike the comic story where his going back and saving his mother pretty much lead the end of the world. It didn't have to be that big but he could've found out something like Oliver was dead in this timeline and finds out that the "Arrow" seen on news stories was Robert and who knows what else, it just needed more.

I imagine the change in Joe maybe came from his wife not leaving and her ending up dying anyway since it seems Wally and Iris might've actually grown up together this time.

Wonder since Thawne was no longer wells, how much closer is this timeline to the one from S1E1 when Barry fights him at his house all those years ago? Will it ever happen? It has to get to that timeline eventually. No, it will since that makes the most sense.

Top Bottom